As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fantasy Signups Now Open [BASKETBALL]

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I think this Spurs dynasty might have another ring or two if their third piece wasn't a complete lunatic.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Well at least you can't accuse that of being a flop, I guess.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    KNICKS WIN ON A MISSED DUNK, WHAT THE FUCK?

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Would have been a late dunk anyway.

JUuGn.jpg

At least this way you don't get everyone in Atlanta all excited thinking they've won and then a minute later the PA guy has to announce "No basket."

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    metta world peace goin upside harden's head. that was some vintage artest right there.

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    I was thinking Karl Malone

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    i kept hearing about that elbow and assuming it was being a little blown out of proportion

but i just watched it and jesus that was one hell of an elbow

metta world peace channeling his inner jon jones

satansfingers on
    edited April 2012
    If this were anybody else I'd assume there would just be a suspension, but it being Metta World Peace I wonder if his career is in jeopardy.

Xehalus on
    nah i don't think so. probably a couple games riding pine in my opinion

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I'd say 5 games is a good start point.

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    He nailed him. Good grief.

I'm going to start laughing. We have Dr. Metta World Peace and Mr. Artest.

Syphyre on
  • balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    some of my friends in LA think there's gonna be a Clipper Revolution

nope

king kobe still reigns supreme

• weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    Spurs have that magic this year that they have had in years past when they went on championship runs.

what, like the spurs bench scoring 80 twice this season?

• weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    It just feels special when you watch them, and yes it does have to do with having the deepest and strongest bench in the NBA, and it also has to do with Timmy playing like he 27 again.
    I just remember feeling like this in 99,03,05, and 07.

trust me, i'm right there with you

i'm excited

people keep saying it's gonna end up like last year...but it's a completely different team

It really is, I mean dude we got Jackson back, I have been saying since the day we traded him that we need him back, he is way better in the system than Jefferson. Plus that trade for leonard was brilliant, when it first happen I was yelling for pops head, but it worked out for the better.

i was sad to see hill go but i have full faith in pop

and splitter and ginobli are healthy

patty mills has been having some pretty good games lately
    then you got diaw, neal, and green

red rocket still goofy as ever but i love that big bastard

This is bound to be a awesome playoffs.
    We have the pieces to play any style of ball and win.
    Pop is like the Tom Landry of basketball.

I'm feeling really good about the Spurs, and I'll be happy to see how it all shakes out in the end.

It's good to know there are other Spurs fans out there in the forums.

Pretty sure it's just the three of us.

If I ever get my custom shirt made, I'll get an extra two and mail them to y'all.

Lol, I need to buy a Duncan shirt before that guy retires.

So are you guys San Antonians too, or you guys just like the Spurs?

My theater's GM is from San Antonio and is a big Spurs fan.

Makes the potential upcoming Spurs/Jazz series a bit odd. Yeah, Utah's most likely not getting out of the first round anyway, but I'd still prefer Denver to drop the rest of the regular season and go to 8th or for San Antonio to decide to take a nap and drop the rest of the regular season to go to 2nd to avoid that matchup. Then we can both be on the same side for at least the first week of the postseason.

But before all that we need to take care of Phoenix on Tuesday. I don't trust the Spurs to take down Phoenix with vigor on Wednesday this close to the end of the season.

SabreMau wrote: »
    My theater's GM is from San Antonio and is a big Spurs fan.

Makes the potential upcoming Spurs/Jazz series a bit odd. Yeah, Utah's most likely not getting out of the first round anyway, but I'd still prefer Denver to drop the rest of the regular season and go to 8th or for San Antonio to decide to take a nap and drop the rest of the regular season to go to 2nd to avoid that matchup. Then we can both be on the same side for at least the first week of the postseason.

But before all that we need to take care of Phoenix on Tuesday. I don't trust the Spurs to take down Phoenix with vigor on Wednesday this close to the end of the season.

Yeah, if Utah and SA meet, I think we know how that's going to end up. At least Duncan won't be sticking his finger in anyone's ear.

I'm still having leftover disappointment from the 2007 WCF.

• simosimo Registered User regular
    bobcats lose their last winnable game, wizards beat them by 28

so barring a miracle in the last two (or the knicks benching everyone in the last game) they've pretty much locked up worst team of all time

bugss2.jpg
    They'll have the lowest winning percentage, but they'll still have won one more game than the 1947-48 Providence Steamrollers (6-42).

it's pretty great that they've had no reason to even tank for like weeks now, and they're still getting blown out by teams who are trying to lose

the kings beat them by 26 in charlotte, which for the kings might be the difference between the 3rd worst record and the 5th-7th worst

bugss2.jpg
    Ok, Spurs question, then. They've just blown out the Blazers and secured homecourt throughout the West.

But after securing homecourt through three rounds, aren't they still going to be motivated to keep playing for wins in search of homecourt through four rounds? They've only tied Chicago's record, both have two games remaining, Chicago won the season series 1-0 and would have Finals homecourt if it came down to that. Or would they actually go, "Ehh, three rounds is enough. Don't care if Phoenix and Golden State beat us by 40, we're gonna go relax before the playoff game this weekend."

Just really wanting them to be able to stop the Suns on Wednesday if that becomes necessary.

think probably that's too much of a specific scenario to dictate things, but i don't know

i would think pop wouldn't play anybody who is even remotely questionable

hell the celtics played without rondo, pierce, garnett and allen against the hawks a few games ago, and that is probably going to be the difference between home court in the first round

health is just so much more important

bugss2.jpg
    for as negative as everyone is about the mavs' chances, i feel pretty good. do i think they're one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the west? no. but if last year proved anything to me it's that the playoffs can be a wacky time. i like the group of guys they have now, especially after the addition by subtraction of odom. plus it's nice to have 4 days for rest and practice before the last game of the season.

• jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think the Mavs are being a bit underrated. Their key pieces are pretty old, but I feel like they can still take it to another level come playoff time. Like...Jason Kidd is still someone I think of as a re-animated corpse most of the time, but in big moments I know he can make a clutch steal or a 3.

If OKC keeps their foot on the gas pedal the whole time I still think they'll beat Dallas, but if they let the games get close down the stretch? Anything can happen!

i think OKC is an interesting matchup for the mavs, because their two best weapons correspond to the mavs two best defenders. not that marion and west will shut down durant and westbrook, but i think they'll keep those guys from killing the mavs too bad. not to mention there's a nice little burgeoning I-35 rivalry going on.

Spurs have never gone into NBA finals without homecourt advantage, I don't believe. However they haven't always played the #1 seed in the east either.

I think that Pop is going to spend the last few days tinkering around with his line-up some more to see what other pieces he has available to him. However historically the Spurs do well against the Suns, so...

Lol, I need to buy a Duncan shirt before that guy retires.

So are you guys San Antonians too, or you guys just like the Spurs?

from san antonio

raised on spurs

can't complain, better than the cowboys during my range

edited April 2012
    Cowboys are a lost cause until Jones sells.
    I will still root for the super bowl win blindly though.

weather man bob on
    jackisreal wrote: »
    Yeah, I think the Mavs are being a bit underrated. Their key pieces are pretty old, but I feel like they can still take it to another level come playoff time. Like...Jason Kidd is still someone I think of as a re-animated corpse most of the time, but in big moments I know he can make a clutch steal or a 3.

If OKC keeps their foot on the gas pedal the whole time I still think they'll beat Dallas, but if they let the games get close down the stretch? Anything can happen!
    Not having Chandleris going to be the sdifference maker for the Macs this playoffs.

The only basketball jersey I've ever owned is Tim Duncan's. I rooted for the Spurs out of disgust of the Hawks during the early-mid 2000s when Duncan was scary dominate on the baseline offensively and outplaying everyone in the paint. It was either them or the Lakers for 7 consecutive years and there was no way I was gonna bandwagon for the Lakers.

This discussion has been closed.