As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[HBO] Game of Thrones S2 on Sunday; spoilers abound, no tags; NO BOOKS

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I'm going to watch VEEP and I will process this episode later.

• Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    Jesus i hope they don't wait too long before explaining what in the fuck it was that I saw at the end there

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Triple B wrote: »
    Jesus i hope they don't wait too long before explaining what in the fuck it was that I saw at the end there

For the night is dark, and full of terrors ;)

Steam: Spawnbroker

For the vagina is dark, and full of terrors ;)

Still not sure what to say.

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    My thought process in the last scene:
    "Hey alright, finally some Melisandre action. Oh, she's preggers! Looks like ol' Stannis knocked her up after all, good for him. That's awfully quick for her to look that big already though. Wait, is she having the baby now? That's kind of weird but ok-OH HOLY MOTHER OF GOD WHAT IS THAT?!?"

Also, Tyrion was even more awesome than usual in this episode. He just kills every scene he's in.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    What. The. Fuck.

So much.... so much to process...

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Hachface wrote: »
    Joffrey is the worst.
    Just.
    The worst.

Difficult to watch.

Also, I definitely laughed out loud at some of the sick burns. I think my favorite was Renly's: "born amidst salt and smoke? Is he a ham?"

Quick poll:

Which was more disturbing:
    The Joffrey/Sansa scene
    The Joffrey/Whores scene
    The Rat in the Bucket scene
    The Birth

Overall a disturbing episode of television all around.

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Taramoor wrote: »
    The Joffrey/Whores scene

Most disturbing by a mile.

Also, the actor playing Roz has been quite good--she was aces in that (horrible) scene.

MrMister on
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I dig the actor for Bolton. Wanted a bit more paleness but his quiet demeanor will do.

EDIT: Yikes. That was certainly disturbing.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Mad King GeorgeMad King George Registered User regular

I know it's weird, but those are called credits.

• ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular

I know it's weird, but those are called credits.

What the fuck is a 2nd 2nd Asst Director? That wasn't in the book!

• TalkaTalka Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Reactions to the end of the episode:
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Actual reactions to the end of the episode:
    What? None of that made sense. I couldn't even make sense of Stannis' initial request to Davos. Stannis asked Davos to smuggle Melissandra? And of course what happened afterwards didn't clarify.

Reactions to the rest of the episode:
    • As always: Tyrion is awesome.
    • Renly and Stannis talking trash was awesome.
    • Tywin is awesome (well, his actor is).
    • Hammerhal (is that where Ayra and the Bastard were?) was freaking incredible.
    • Qarth looked amazing. And I loved the Thirteen. I hope they stick around as important the show, since their whole city and shtick had a really cool vibe. But they're pretty far from all the action and there's already a lot going on, so I worry they're not going to be too integral.
    • If Cat trades Jaime for her daughters (which looks like a certainty), I will be pissed.
    • I can't possibly hate Joffrey any more at this point. I'm maxed out. Just awful. "There's no cure for being a cunt," indeed.

Talka on
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Amazing episode.
    Shadow baby was incredible, Joffrey is awful, Roose Bolton is perfectly cast, and Harrenhall is great. As is Qarth.
    God, this show is just too good.

Heisenberg on
    Someone explain about the Joffrey scene:
    Was the Baratheon scepter supposed to be a club to beat her with or was it intended to be...inserted?

Was the Baratheon scepter supposed to be a club to beat her with or was it intended to be...inserted?

Hit with. Though I'm not sure one is better than the other.

ED! wrote: »

I thought the latter was implied pretty heavily.

And it needs to be pointed out that there's a difference between being a cunt and being psychotic little shit.

Stannis is a cunt. Joffrey is something else entirely and I hope that he dies screaming.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Talka wrote: »
    Reactions to the end of the episode:
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Actual reactions to the end of the episode:
    What? None of that made sense. I couldn't even make sense of Stannis' initial request to Davos. Stannis asked Davos to smuggle Melissandra? And of course what happened afterwards didn't clarify.

Reactions to the rest of the episode:
    • As always: Tyrion is awesome.
    • Renly and Stannis talking trash was awesome.
    • Tywin is awesome (well, his actor is).
    • Hammerhal (is that where Ayra and the Bastard were?) was freaking incredible.
    • Qarth looked amazing. And I loved the Thirteen. I hope they stick around as important the show, since their whole city and shtick had a really cool vibe. But they're pretty far from all the action and there's already a lot going on, so I worry they're not going to be too integral.
    • If Cat trades Jaime for her daughters (which looks like a certainty), I will be pissed.
    • I can't possibly hate Joffrey any more at this point. I'm maxed out. Just awful. "There's no cure for being a cunt," indeed.

Harrenhal, for reference. The next episode has it in the title, which I will spoil here:
    The Ghosts of Harrenhal, specifically.

As for your first (well, second, but the first hardly counts) spoiler:
    That is what he said, yep.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    Also, Jesus HBO. That is a bad, bad synopsis for the next episode. No one should read it, as it is spoileriffic. Just as a warning.

Joffrey needs a dancing lesson from Donald Sutherland:
    The kid is Jackie Earle Haley.

• valiancevaliance Registered User regular

And it needs to be pointed out that there's a difference between being a cunt and being psychotic little shit.

Stannis is a cunt. Joffrey is something else entirely and I hope that he dies screaming.
    insertion was implied but is belied by the sounds. you can hear roz hit the other girl

Ros tees up and hits the girl on her fanny. . .with the horned end certainly, but no insertion.

It seemed like it was going in the direction of the latter, but then I wasn't sure because all we saw was the former--which I was thankful for, because as-is I could barely stomach it. I really hope that future episodes aren't this gristly. I'll have to start skipping through if they lean any harder on the torture, which would be unfortunate, since skipping through ruins the dramatic structure and this is a pretty great show. Still, there's only so much I can deal with watching.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Hachface wrote: »
    Joffrey is the worst.
    Just.
    The worst.

Difficult to watch.

Also, I definitely laughed out loud at some of the sick burns. I think my favorite was Renly's: "born amidst salt and smoke? Is he a ham?"

yeah that was fucking great hahaha

really fucked up episode though. pretty sure it was hit with on the joffrey question, but I have nothing to base that on. maybe hope.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
    When Joffrey dies (boy I sure hope he dies) I think me and my friends who are watching with me are going to throw a massive party in celebration.

y6GGs3o.gif
  • PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    Nurse chick is also hot. Goddamn HBO you know how to pick them!

Re: The intro:
    Harrenhaal, Pyke and...somewhere else got added in because they were relevant to the plot for the episode.

Re: The rest:
    Joffrey is THE WORST.
    a1ZES.gif
    tumblr_m0pdcgjDku1qlglheo2_r1_250.gif
    Tyrion is THE BEST.
    Baelish is still a tool.
    Stannis and Renly is getting badass.
    I'm far less scared of Gregor Clegane now.
    I want to know what spice boy's name is.
    Tywin is a BOSS.
    and a nice big at the end!

Also I nominate a change in thread name to "The books are dark and full of spoilers."

IcdplGM.png
  • Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    Demerdar wrote:
    When Joffrey dies (boy I sure hope he dies) I think me and my friends who are watching with me are going to throw a massive party in celebration.

Seriously. I'd dare say, if they ever have some kind of award for the most despised/hated villain in fiction Joffrey would definitely be a forerunner in the rankings, if not the one who just wins the award outright. I gotta say, I actually feel really sorry for the actor playing him. The poor kid must feel terrible after a day of shooting that role.

The nurse irritated the snot out of me. Thank the old gods the rest of it picked up to where I completely forgot about her.

The nurse irritated the snot out of me. Thank the old gods the rest of it picked up to where I completely forgot about her.

Really living up to your screen name. She had quite a few very valid points, as this country well learned in the last decade.

edited April 2012
    The Mountain is fucking boring now, really really wish Conan Stevens wouldn't have bailed. He was perfect.

Heisenberg on
  • PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular

There is only one god and am I FUCK going against him now.

IcdplGM.png
    edited April 2012

Really living up to your screen name. She had quite a few very valid points, as this country well learned in the last decade.

Thanks for the insult! :)

I agree with her
    that Robb having no idea what he was going to do after the war is stupid. That's the problem we face with the Middle East right now after we dallied around there.

I disagree with her
    trying to guilt him for the guy losing his leg. If her better solution is to end the war by acquiescing to a king who is turning out to be another Mad-King-Aerys-in-training it's untenable and feeling better now won't make it okay for the future.

Mad King George on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

Which one is more disturbing. The answer is: that one.

• ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Pure TV viewers:

Any thoughts on the weird nun ladies tending the dead and wounded with Robb's men and with carrying Ned's remains at Renly's camp?

I don't recall them being so much as referenced on the show before now.

Pure TV viewers:

Any thoughts on the weird nun ladies tending the dead and wounded with Robb's men and with carrying Ned's remains at Renly's camp?

They're in the first episode attending at Jon Aryn's funeral. They're also at the King's Hand tournament.

I agree that the nurse was kind of annoying. Robb literally had no other choice but to go to war with the Lannisters. Joffrey is the one to blame for that soldiers leg.

• Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular

Spoilered on the very bizzare but possible chance that someone in this thread hasn't seen Season 1.
    They've never been explained in detail, but I noticed in the first season they were the ones standing vigil over Jon Aryn's (the murdered hand before Ned) body in the very first episode. I suspect they're some kind of religious order who deal with the recently deceased for whatever reason.

• TalkaTalka Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    The Mountain is fucking boring now, really really wish Conan Stevens wouldn't have bailed. He was perfect.

Oh, the actor changed? I thought something weird was going on there ("Is that not the mountain? Why does this show have two ridiculously huge mountain-like characters?")

Bummer about the change. The Mountain from the first season's jousting scene was freaking awesome.

Talka on
    How can he be boring - he said like two lines. Yes he wasn't grunting and huffing as in Season 1, but remains to be seen if he has the crazy that he needs to have.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Talka wrote: »
    Heisenberg wrote: »

Oh, the actor changed? I thought something weird was going on there ("Is that not the mountain? Why does this show have two ridiculously huge mountain-like characters?")

Bummer about the change. The Mountain from the first season's jousting scene was freaking awesome.

He got cast as an orc warlord in The Hobbit movies or something, and thought that would be better for his career or sommat?

This discussion has been closed.