As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We don't actually build or mine anymore, we just play with cats all day. Minecraft!

• intropintrop Registered User regular
    In completely unrelated news, the Frontier Line will now be selling delicious cathamburgers on all trips longer than 500m.

Steam ID: highentropy
  • TwixxoTwixxo the Lovebot Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    An Enderman EnderFriend picked up my rose <3 My year is made.

Twixxo on
    TNBNcdc.gif
  • AkootAkoot Registered User regular
    Akoot is a dumb dumb.

I entered the nether at spawn armed with every diamond tool and my trusty enchanted bow, possibly other valuables too. I proceeded to gather and replant some netherwart then approached what was labelled as a railway to other parts of the nether.

I hit the button for the blaze spawner as that is where I was next wanting to go, but the cart suddenly stopped right after leaving the station. Assuming the builder simply ran out of track and was planning on finishing later I followed the tunnel ahead of me only to fall to my death over a sheer cliff-face.

That was not the end, for I returned to the nether through the netherboat! Armed with a diamond hoe, a diamond sword and 36 loose diamonds (???) I entered the nether and proceeded to punch a zombie pigman in the face for no reason. Shortly after I was dead. A local wench was nice enough to pick up my diamonds and deposit them in a chest, I returned to the nether once again and took my valuables to proceed on my journey.

Little did I know that around the next bend was a big fuckton army of pigmen who decided to gang up on me, very unsportsmanlike.

On my return I discovered that they had stolen my valuables and were now acting like they didn't even recognise me.

This is why I don't like the nether.

• dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    Akoot wrote: »
    Akoot is a dumb dumb.

I entered the nether at spawn armed with every diamond tool and my trusty enchanted bow, possibly other valuables too. I proceeded to gather and replant some netherwart then approached what was labelled as a railway to other parts of the nether.

I hit the button for the blaze spawner as that is where I was next wanting to go, but the cart suddenly stopped right after leaving the station. Assuming the builder simply ran out of track and was planning on finishing later I followed the tunnel ahead of me only to fall to my death over a sheer cliff-face.

That was not the end, for I returned to the nether through the netherboat! Armed with a diamond hoe, a diamond sword and 36 loose diamonds (???) I entered the nether and proceeded to punch a zombie pigman in the face for no reason. Shortly after I was dead. A local wench was nice enough to pick up my diamonds and deposit them in a chest, I returned to the nether once again and took my valuables to proceed on my journey.

Little did I know that around the next bend was a big fuckton army of pigmen who decided to gang up on me, very unsportsmanlike.

On my return I discovered that they had stolen my valuables and were now acting like they didn't even recognise me.

diamond pick? loose diamonds? and. diamond shovel? why? just why?

• The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Akoot wrote: »
    Akoot is a dumb dumb.

diamond pick? loose diamonds? and. diamond shovel? why? just why?

It's Akoot, he tanks all the misfortune for us.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • TwixxoTwixxo the Lovebot Registered User regular
    I've created a warp at the top of the main building in Bodega's Cove near the airship to Ispawnbul that takes you to the old spawn in Skylands.

TNBNcdc.gif
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I wanted to say I love all of you!

JtgVX0H.png
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Hmmm. Thinking about stuff to build on the server when I finish up with school and will have plenty of time to satisfy my OCD gaming tendencies between then and the ME3 ending DLC. Tower of Babel, or the Etemenanki ziggurat plopped in a desert someplace? I'm leaning towards Etemenanki because a curved tower is a bitch and a half.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    There is something very wrong with the nether or nether portals right now and I recommend that everybody avoid using them while carrying anything valuable.

I just ventured into my portal carrying my enchanted sword (sharpness 4 looting 2-3) and an enchanted pick (eff 3) and some other random stuff I happened to have on me (a golden apple, ~600 cobble, 120 stone, etc), and the game just said "The portal goes nowhere!" and dropped me neatly into the void beneath the map.

There is something very wrong with the nether or nether portals right now and I recommend that everybody avoid using them while carrying anything valuable.

I just ventured into my portal carrying my enchanted sword (sharpness 4 looting 2-3) and an enchanted pick (eff 3) and some other random stuff I happened to have on me (a golden apple, ~600 cobble, 120 stone, etc), and the game just said "The portal goes nowhere!" and dropped me neatly into the void beneath the map.

I'll check this out.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
    It's possible there're two separate issues. Sometimes bukkit would lose people even prior to the 1.2 update and cause the portal goes nowhere, which could be remedied by relogging. However, if you find a portal becomes broken and remains so even after relogging - as spawn's did yesterday - please let me know so I can investigate it.

Also, it should go without saying that taking any valuables into the Nether is currently an even more Very Bad Idea than normal.

• Bloody JackBloody Jack Registered User regular
    The first time this happened to me, it turned out I had actually been stuck into a wall next to the portal in the nether. I went back and dug out the blocks all around the portal and got my stuff back. The second time, when the portal sent me to skylands and I tried to use the newly created one there to get back, I was stuck in the rock by that gate but was able to dig my way out from inside before suffocating. Had to get greypoet to teleport me back from skylands though (twice).

Update on the Nether Portal thing: there's some interesting bugs due to the new height limit which is causing more bounding errors than usual. As soon as a new build is available we'll push it, but until then please be aware that going through a nether portal can kill you dead. There are two portals which will always be safe because they aren't real nether portals:

1) Netherboat in Woolhalla
    2) Ispawnbul Netherhaus Portal

Use these if you want to avoid death. If necessary I will look at setting up another more proximate to the new jungle areas, but I'd like to avoid spamming random portals all over the place.

Ok third thing, I have discovered a rare bug, via the Ginger Mijango, which may cause some of your actual purple portal blocks to disappear. The portal will still work, you can relight it to get back all that purple swirly goodness, nothing is broken, and it is entirely unrelated to the other bugs above. Just relight your portal if it disturbs you!

• AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    I found some screenshots of Frostheim that I forgot I took:
    BqLP2.jpg
    ePtAG.jpg
    heQJq.jpg
    wiH0Y.jpg
    nmqtL.jpg
    9hCbP.jpg

Ok so, I have found the depth of the horrible corruption in the nether portal issue and will push another dev build to try and fix it tomorrow. In the meantime (and probably after that, I don't know that this build fixes matters) using nether portals should be considered a Major Risk.

Update on the Nether Portal thing: there's some interesting bugs due to the new height limit which is causing more bounding errors than usual. As soon as a new build is available we'll push it, but until then please be aware that going through a nether portal can kill you dead. There are two portals which will always be safe because they aren't real nether portals:

Use these if you want to avoid death. If necessary I will look at setting up another more proximate to the new jungle areas, but I'd like to avoid spamming random portals all over the place.

the ispawnbul netherhause ported me into the hall near the connecting portal in the nether, but i could not dig even thou i had a pick.

the ispawnbul netherhause ported me into the hall near the connecting portal in the nether, but i could not dig even thou i had a pick.

When did this happen? If it happened before yesterday afternoon, I hadn't fixed it then.

When did this happen? If it happened before yesterday afternoon, I hadn't fixed it then.

this actually happened a couple days after the invasion i took part in with the ender dragon, so several weeks ago and right before the server updated. i had mention it in chat but... i don't remember which mod was on but they just told me "it happens" and since no one seemed to care there was nothing i could do, or was there even a mod on at the time? i don't remember.....

• McMastaMcMasta ProvoRegistered User regular
    Server down?

edited April 2012
    Carrington is busy typing, so I'll speak for him: he's trying to fix the MultiVerse portal-o-death issue. It's very confusing. Expect possible repeated restarts as he works on it. Caveat emptor.

Edit: Carr's done working at the moment. Portals do not appear to be fixed. Their behavior is unpredictable, so... you know.

(For people that care, he discovered that not only is MV doing some truly silly things looking up worlds, but that the error cases are all things like:
    if (can't find the target world)
    {
    shootPlayer(...);
    return;
    }
    Which moves the player into nearby adjacent space, despite their possibly being walls and things there, or just sends them flying off at about 40 blocks/sec velocity.

introp on
  • McMastaMcMasta ProvoRegistered User regular
    I see. GL Carrington!

Dear Multiverse -

I hate you.

<3
    Carrington

edited April 2012
    shoots them off at 40 block per second?
    could we maybe somehow apply this bug into a new form of fast travel?

also, 42 ways to die in minecraft lol!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq76bcxM_gI&amp;feature=relmfu

dargondarkfire on
    edited April 2012
    I guess the other lesson here, until MV gets fixed (by Carr or its maintainers), is that having cleared space and then walls around your portals, at least two blocks away, will help you not get propelled to your death.

You may still end up in Skylands or stuck somewhere, though, after looking at that code.

introp on
  • Sir PenguinSir Penguin Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Does a mod I install for use in single player carry over to SMP? I don't know how mods work and would rather not screw up.
    The mod in question is Runecraftory

edit: also that error sounds HILARIOUS xD

Sir Penguin on
  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Does a mod I install for use in single player carry over to SMP? I don't know how mods work and would rather not screw up.
    The mod in question is Runecraftory

edit: also that error sounds HILARIOUS xD

As far as I know you should be fine, it doesn't have any smp components so i doubt it would cause issues.

hLeTR.png
    awesome, thanks!

• Bloody JackBloody Jack Registered User regular
    Dear Multiverse -

I hate you.

<3
    Carrington

:D
    r8ogc.png

edited April 2012
    Oh one more thing, what is the name of the fishing mod that we use? The one that adds all sorts of different things to catch?
    edit: haha, I'm stupid, didn't check the wiki xD

Sir Penguin on
    I have found us a chef we must hire, we will beuild him a restaurant in ispawnbul and we will have the best chef ever!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=IEBy5Jg5YiM

• apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    if people want to build some shops/resturants/bars in dockside area of ispawnbul i thoroughly encourage it.

• ChokeOnGlitterChokeOnGlitter Amazing San DiegoRegistered User regular
    2012-04-22_011116.png

This is my giant skin giant in You are minecraft.

:O it only took three hours to make. Totally check out this site, it was super fun.

http://www.youareminecraft.com/#join

do ittttttttt.......

In my defense, I was told that it was PERFECTLY SAFE to do what I just did. I BROKE IT.

• JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    introp wrote: »
    In my defense, I was told that it was PERFECTLY SAFE to do what I just did. I BROKE IT.

You broke it as soon as I was about to get on? I smell conspiracy...

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Noooooooo, it went down!

JtgVX0H.png
    I actually don't think introp broke it. Host's JVM is down and I can't reboot the server.

Damnit, Carrington. There goes my rep.

Even if the server looks like it's up, pleased be advised it's very unstable right now. We're having host issues.

Even if the server looks like it's up, pleased be advised it's very unstable right now. We're having host issues.

so right now, you risk eqrthquakes, random fissures, sudden weather changes, random dimensional gates forming, and volcanos beneath your feet?

This discussion has been closed.