As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battlefield 3] LOCK PLEASE

• heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    The underslung shotgun will fire 12 pellets that each do the same amount of damage the gun its attached to if you have heavy barrel on....

heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Today has been my day. MVP three games straight (technically once was MVP3, but I was still top on my team). Played a bunch of support and unlocked C4; threw my first loaded jeep at a tank head on (my squad mate started shooting at me because I didn't pick him up), blowed it straight up with the two men inside. :D
    Still frustrating when I die in a gun fight though because the other guy on my team goes for a knife behind the guy instead of just putting a single freakin bullet into him...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Today has been my day. MVP three games straight (technically once was MVP3, but I was still top on my team). Played a bunch of support and unlocked C4; threw my first loaded jeep at a tank head on (my squad mate started shooting at me because I didn't pick him up), blowed it straight up with the two men inside. :D
    Still frustrating when I die in a gun fight though because the other guy on my team goes for a knife behind the guy instead of just putting a single freakin bullet into him...

Our n00b is growing up so fast. That last game I played with you guys on Oman last night was fantastic. Look forward to playing a bit later on today.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Movitz wrote: »
    It turns each individual pellet (of which there are 12) into one of the rifle's rounds as fired from the rifle. You essentially have a 12-barreled G3 or whatever you've got it attached to when you use the glitch.
    You missed this.

It's a dumbass glitch. The one where you can silence your mortar at least has some comedy value ;-)

ed: quoted the wrong thing. Cleaned it up.

I didn't miss this?

I've known about it since the first day it was discovered.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »

Our n00b is growing up so fast. That last game I played with you guys on Oman last night was fantastic. Look forward to playing a bit later on today.

My wife's cousin is getting married today, so I might be on later in the night. But that would be even later for you, although I probably wouldn't play any later than we did last night.

• ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    It turns each individual pellet (of which there are 12) into one of the rifle's rounds as fired from the rifle. You essentially have a 12-barreled G3 or whatever you've got it attached to when you use the glitch.
    You missed this.

It's a dumbass glitch. The one where you can silence your mortar at least has some comedy value ;-)

I didn't miss this?

He was replying to Jurgen who asked if he had missed something. Jeez... pay attention dude.
    :P
    The best use for an F-35 in both BF3 and real life!

New birgirpall video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ugFEy1pOCQ

This is hilarious. Like Beavis and Butthead BF3 style.

ghost_master2000 on
  • MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    You missed this.

I didn't miss this?

No sorry, I was actually trying to use your post to clarify the glitch because you described it nicely. It was an answer to @Jurgen_ who asked about it in a post just above mine. I just fucked the hole quote tree up =/

Also, I might be semi-drunk.

Movitz on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Taking a break from the loli bunny girl MMO to play this again. Y'all should GEDDON.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Doctor DeimosDoctor Deimos Registered User regular
    GET IN VIDEO GAME

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    I should hop on when i get home and get in on the MASS glitch while I still can.

I've missed all the good stuff (usas+frag, etc) up until now since I don't get a chance to play often enough to stay up with the curve.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Does anyone want to drink some beer and do some co-op missions tonight? I'm planning on getting started in about 45 minutes.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    So I take it you guys wanted to launch a jeep.

edited April 2012
    We were trying to, yes.

Needed about four times the explosives we had, though.

Heckels, if you want to knock out co-op for some ganz just let me know. If any of you cats need someone to run it with, I'm down for it.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Jurgen_Jurgen_ FinlandRegistered User regular
    You missed this.

Oh, wow... That's stupid. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.
    Gonna hop on in a minute, any EU guys on right now ?

steam_sig.png
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular

But the dogtags are so shiny! I must have them!

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Mechanical wrote: »

But the dogtags are so shiny! I must have them!

Yep, I'm that guy lol. Just passed 400 knife kills and had 11 in one match yesterday. I've probably died more times than that just going for the knife kill.

We were trying to, yes.

Needed about four times the explosives we had, though.

Heckels, if you want to knock out co-op for some ganz just let me know. If any of you cats need someone to run it with, I'm down for it.

I prolly won't be on until wednesday...maybe then...

heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
    oh pff i'm uninstalling then

sucker

u4OkoEI.png
  • Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    Haven't played in a while, the game feels new again!

What's a really fun loadout these days? I got way too serious and dry last time around, played nothing but Assault and the M16. :? All not feeling joy when I get a 2.0+ KD and getting mad when I don't. Fuck that. I want BF3 to be more like what our lord and savior birgirpall would do.

C4 is normally good for a fun time...

heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Yep, I'm that guy lol. Just passed 400 knife kills and had 11 in one match yesterday. I've probably died more times than that just going for the knife kill.

Nah, that's just opportunism. This is being "that guy".

• onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    i mean, i love the knife a lot. But it feels very wrong to have knife be your best weapon in a game like this.

Here is what ya do.

Step 1: Spawn as support
    Step 2: throw down an ammo bad in a discrete area
    Step 3: Suicide
    Step 4: Spawn as a recon with MAV

Win.

• fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    Would I be able to get an invite to the 103rd Arcadians? Origin name is the same as here. I bought this yesterday without realizing it required DX10/11, so I can only play on my laptop and not my PC. Guess this is the shove I need to finally upgrade to 7 on that computer -_-

• MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    People should get on.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Here is what ya do.

Proceed to ruin other people's fun with shitty tactics.

FTFY

• CoS_EthanCoS_Ethan Gamer Registered User regular
    I just found that the Forstbite 2 engine is so sick. youtu.be/8pNOxynC1Dc

City of Steam - Fight in a land of belching furnaces, clockwork marvels, and ancient evils. Visit City of Steam on Facebook for screenshots, dev diaries, and news updates!
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    It's RIDICULOUS how good BF3 looks and how well it performs.

Either that or everyone else's engine/optimization tech needs serious overhauling. How nonsensical is it that I can't run RIFT even at low graphics without slowdown in a 5-man dungeon, but I can look out over a war-torn battlefield in BF3 - a game that looks far better - with so much shit going on at once, and not have a single hiccup?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Here is what ya do.

FTFY

That's just like, your opinion man.

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Here is what ya do.

FTFY

That's just like, your opinion man.

Well, its probably an opinion thats shared by the people you kill with MAVs. Personally, I find it funny, but Im glad MAV kills destroy the MAV now.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Speaking of MAVs, is there any reason to use a TUGS over one, now? The big thing that TUGS had over MAV, at least I thought, was that it deployed quickly, whereas the MAV you had to go into MAV view and turn it off - a slight delay, but a delay nonetheless.

But now that MAV deploys without going into MAV-o-vision, is there really any reason to use TUGS? The MAV now deploys faster, can be hidden or put in hard to reach/totally inaccessible areas, and if you leave one behind, you can just make it fly to you, as well as using it to scout ahead BEFORE you move to a position. Sure, moving it around increases the risk it can be shot down, but it's still an option that it has that the TUGS doesn't, and it appears to do the TUGS normal job - but better.

Is there some benefit to a TUGS that I'm not noticing?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    heckels wrote: »
    C4 is normally good for a fun time...

I unlocked C4 I think Saturday morning with my MVP support games.
    After that, it's the only thing to even use. C4 jeeps ALL DAY. It makes the game SO FUN.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Speaking of MAVs, is there any reason to use a TUGS over one, now? The big thing that TUGS had over MAV, at least I thought, was that it deployed quickly, whereas the MAV you had to go into MAV view and turn it off - a slight delay, but a delay nonetheless.

But now that MAV deploys without going into MAV-o-vision, is there really any reason to use TUGS? The MAV now deploys faster, can be hidden or put in hard to reach/totally inaccessible areas, and if you leave one behind, you can just make it fly to you, as well as using it to scout ahead BEFORE you move to a position. Sure, moving it around increases the risk it can be shot down, but it's still an option that it has that the TUGS doesn't, and it appears to do the TUGS normal job - but better.

Is there some benefit to a TUGS that I'm not noticing?

Tugs still deploys faster becquse you auto switch back to your gun when you drop it.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    Let it be known that I am horrifically terrible at Tribes: Ascend.

u4OkoEI.png
    edited April 2012
    This is relevant news in the BF3 thread...

...and so it this post.

Ed for relevance: Did that server-side patch roll out yet? The one with the quick and dirty fixes of some of the more obvious stupidnessess'.

Movitz on
    It has been out for about a week on all platforms.

u4OkoEI.png
    Huh, really? I must've completely missed it then. I thought the mass glitch would be addressed there.

Let it be known that I am horrifically terrible at Tribes: Ascend.

I'm even worse at tribes then i am at bf3....

heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • Jurgen_Jurgen_ FinlandRegistered User regular
    Why is it that this game sometimes drops the FPS to around 10- 20 ? For no reason at all. Then I have to exit the game and start it up again and it works fine. Been doing that since the beginning, then after one of the patches it stopped and now it started again. It's not a major issue, since it doesn't happen often.

Graphics settings do not affect that either.

I started playing on medium settings, because I started recording all the matches and the high settings were a bit too much for my computer and Bandicam on at the same time. Don't really notice a difference with medium and high either. Game looks purdy anyway I put it.

What programs, if any do you guys use to record BF3 ?

steam_sig.png