As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Halfway Decent Hockey Thread that is BACK, BABY

• Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I am not a passionate man but I passionately hate Hartnell. Almost as much as I hate taking dumb penalties.

Bear is Driving on
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    dude how can you not spell check shit

I mean I don't normally give a shit

but maaaan

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I ran home from work so I could catch this Pens/Flyers game. I haven't been this excited about watching hockey since the Rangers last won the cup.

edited April 2012
    I'm on my phone and it did things. Horrible things.

I capitalized Hartnell as well because I had to scrub all the awful out.

Also, winning!

Bear is Driving on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    listening on the radio kinda blows you guys

why is the nhl pass so friggin expensive

I invaded my parents' house for their cable. Usually I listen to the radio if the games aren't on the CBC as this series is and yeah, while I like Langisms it isn't the same as yelling at the TV.

Malkinnnnnnn

ugh i take a phone call and miss the detroit goal

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Fleury playing out of his gourd on this power play.

I wish this series didn't have to end. This is some of the most exciting hockey I've seen in a long time.

fuck

FUCK

ah dang

oh well

good season wings

cool for nashville to win at home; bet walt is havin a good time

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    philly what happened
    WHAT HAPPENED.

at least nashville won! and oh my god the sens game tomorrow fhfhfhggfghfhh. debating whether or not to chance a bad day studying for my last exam to make it to the Sens Mile tomorrow...

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    Fleury decided to play well is what happened.

What what? Holla. Etc.

Happy for Nashville.

But Sunday is just going to be bananas. All three games are going to be so good.

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Squall wrote: »
    It was a great game. The crowd was insane, myself included.

I hate to see the Red Wings go so soon, they played a great season and they got stuck with a crappy matchup on their first round.

But at any rate

LETS GO PREDATORS

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    The MAFter was back in action tonight.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    Walt wrote: »

I hate to see the Red Wings go so soon, they played a great season and they got stuck with a crappy matchup on their first round.

But at any rate

LETS GO PREDATORS

please tell me you weren't one of the jerks chanting that generic 'hey, you suck' rubbish after the final bell of what is likely to be a hockey legend's final ever game

sC4Q4nq.jpg

But at any rate

LETS GO PREDATORS

it sounded pretty great over the radio! wish I could have watched. seems like the wings came alive after period one and made the game more interesting
    bsjezz wrote: »
    please tell me you weren't one of the jerks chanting that generic 'hey, you suck' rubbish after the final bell of what is likely to be a hockey legend's final ever game

is that what they were chanting? geez

I know booing the other team is part of spectating but man does it feel dirty

most egregious offense to me was when the pens won the cup at Detroit a few years back and you couldn't hear a single part of the ceremony over the sound of everyone booing them

it was despicable and I was ashamed of my city and the lot of entitled wings fans

edited April 2012
    esp after the wings won the previous year at Pittsburgh and were applauded

Detroit fans got heavily outclassed

Squall on
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    bsjezz wrote: »

But at any rate

LETS GO PREDATORS

I do the chant during games but not after in part because I usually am trying to bail out of the arena so I can scream "LET'S GO PREDATORS" for the next 30 or so minutes while I pass by people on my way out of downtown. You talking about Lidstrom? I sat right behind the Red Wings three rows up! Had I known it might have been his last game I would have yelled at him more often instead of Bertuzzi or Zetterberg.

lidstrom's been in his last year for the past few seasons

gonna miss that dude if he does end it this time

• satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    i find it pretty funny that the hawks coach got fined 10k for criticizing the officiating after no penalty was called on torres, and now torres is suspended for 25 games for that hit. someone should fine shanahan!

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    quenville got fined four times the amount that the dude got for slamming a dude's head into the glass, and he was apparently correct

it's still hilarious that the officials claim not to have seen that play when there's a linesman flinching away from the hit as it happens

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Welp.

Go Canucks.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    Raffi Torres, that fuck, got a 25 game suspension.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The rest of the playoffs, were the Coyotes to make the Stanley Cup and every series went 7 games. And it will carry over to next season.

for fuck's sake, this phoenix/chicago series is going seven and all of them are going to OT

• StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    Motha

fuckin

SEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNS Wooooo!

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I'm glad we shit the bed this hard, so I can continue to feel that Bylsma should go. He had me worried there, getting the team seemingly motivated for a couple games.

Now that I've said this, the Pens are going to somehow come back and win.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    I still feel like Bylsma is doing fine. The problem is a lack of motivation with our players. They've had to step up in the past with Sid and Geno out. Geno came back big this year, but when Sid came back the rest of the team looks like they just assumed Sid would cover for everyone. He hasn't, nor has he taken the lead in the locker room to get them motivated again.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Dear Penguins:
    xNXIM.gif

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Thanks for making it a series, the Penguins. Also thank you for losing.

• BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    Wow, that shot by Stoll was nasty. So long Canucks.

Is this the year off the upset in the playoffs? Kings over Canucks, Flyers over Pens, potentially Sens over Rangers and Caps over Boston and Panthers over Devils.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Flyers over Penguins wasn't an upset, not really. They were favored in the series but anyone who'd watched those teams play each other this year knew that it could easily go either way.

Peen on
    edited April 2012
    Borommakot wrote: »
    Panthers over Devils.

Hehe. But seriously, it's good news for those teams that we usually don't see winning, makes it exciting to to see some new blood.

Blendtec on
    well, these playoffs are off to a pretty good start

nucks, wings and devils all out! (condolences to their various fans here, at least your team made the playoffs tho)

Devils are still in it. Not for long probably, but there's a chance.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Don't get my hopes up guys

I...I don't think I can take too much of this emotion, whatever it's called it's been too long

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
This discussion has been closed.