As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help? Anime movie???

Guesswhat234Guesswhat234 Registered User new member
edited April 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
So this is going to be a horrible description of an old anime im trying to remember. I know it was on VHS and it had a man and a woman in it. It had something to do with a disease spreading in a forest killing everything. They were trying to stop it and it was killing animal like things. The animals could also talk? Sorry but that's pretty much all I can remember. I'm trying really hard to remember it but I can't.
Thanks<3

Guesswhat234 on

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    You sure it isn't Princess Mononoke? It came out in '97, could have been on Vhs.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Was there a giant boar with blood and tentacles? Then Elin is right on the mark.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sounds a lot like Princess Mononoke. /parrot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkWWWKKA8jY

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    That would be my best guess as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    The murderous forest sounds a bit like Nausicaa too, but I think Princess Mononoke is the film he's looking for.

The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • Options
    CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    I wish he'd come back to say if that was it or not.

Don't leave us hanging!

Also, while it sounds like Princess Mononoke, I'll add Dragon Ball Z: Tree of Might as a more longshot guess--it had a VHS release, dudes, ladies, the life energy of a forest being drained away, killing animals.

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The murderous forest sounds a bit like Nausicaa too, but I think Princess Mononoke is the film he's looking for.

I thought so too, but Nausicaa doesn't have talking animals, and while the miasma sounds like the life-killing disease he described, no one is trying to stop it.

I will wager my life savings that he's talking about Mononoke's final scene, after the forest spirit's head has been severed.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    *life savings subject to internet-dollar conversion rates

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png