As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TRIALS FUSION] MAN! MACHINE! THE FUUUTURE....

• FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Not sure, but I can't think why not. The only stuff that is Gold would probably be playing other people online. Leaderboards and stuff like that is available to non-Gold members as far as I know.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    OHHHHHH SHIT SON!

After over an hour of trying to get a gold medal on Sewage Plant, not only did I say the word "cunt" a billion times but i finally did it. Not only that, but im 2nd on the friends leaderboard behind musiqua.

Feels good man

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    That level gave me all kinds of issues, its that last little water blast right before the finish that ruined me EVERY SINGLE TIME. I'd fault and have to start all the way over.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    trying to get some multi games going, add Local H Jay

• Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    Bought the game, resubbed to XBL. I'm adding pretty much everyone in this thread.

GT is TwntyOneTwlv :)

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    So online multi in this game sucks, really bad

Other riders are choppy as shit, and it is the absolute worst screen-tearing I've ever seen in a video game

Hopefully the screen-tearing isn't a problem for local multi, I was gonna do that tomorrow night with friends

• WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    Some of my favorite racing games are platformers... Trials, Uniracers... Iggys wreckin balls... Actually that's all I can think of, but still!

I'm glad the scorpion finally unlocked, Ive been using the Donkey and forgot how nice it is to not do backflips constantly...

Witchsight.png
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I don't know that I've ever noticed screen tearing (in anything, not sure I could even really describe what it is), and the coupe multi matches I've played were pretty darn fun.

camo_sig2.png
  • SkajmeSkajme Manchester, UKRegistered User regular
    Add me if you want to. I only have one other friend on my list with this at the moment. Need more people's scores to try and beat! My xbox live name is Skajme

Skajme wrote: »
    Add me if you want to. I only have one other friend on my list with this at the moment. Need more people's scores to try and beat! My xbox live name is Skajme

Added you.

I've just passed the A license and unlocked the Phoenix. Gold medals and no faults on everything so far. You guys seem to be falling apart around the Medium tracks, it's like you don't care anymore! Beating your times by ten seconds on every track! Course, Allforce's list is full and I hear he's pretty good..

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I want this game really badly, but after my Live account got hacked and that whole ordeal I'm never tying my CC to Microsoft's system again. But I'm not in a position to go out and get microsoft points cards, unless they sell them at the local Caseys.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Anyone else find it odd that there's an Ico/SOTC level?

Considering this is only on XBLA, and Ico/SOTC will never hit that console?

jclast, this is screen tearing. I notice it occasionally in single-player, but in multiplayer it seems to run rampant and it's really distracting. Other games have had this fixed with patches though (Darksiders, Bayonetta PS3) so I'm hoping it can be done here.

• MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    I've just passed the A license and unlocked the Phoenix. Gold medals and no faults on everything so far. You guys seem to be falling apart around the Medium tracks, it's like you don't care anymore! Beating your times by ten seconds on every track! Course, Allforce's list is full and I hear he's pretty good..
    I just accepted your friend request.

You should probably check the leaderboards again...

I just accepted your friend request.

You should probably check the leaderboards again...
    See there we go. Everyone needs someone who they will never beat on their leaderboards.

Speaking of people who are awesome at Trials, how do you watch other people's runs? In HD there was a "watch replay" button. Now all I see is "race ghost."

• SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I want more friends! Add me! Skyturnsred

Oh hey I got the Full Throttle II Achievement without even trying

edited April 2012
    I read somewhere the first one is the best selling XBLA game ever (even above Castle Crashers), and the main cause is the Microsoft Marketing Machine pushing it, as the demo for Trials HD comes pre-installed on every new slim 360. My 9 year old nephew got a 360 for Xmas and it's his favorite game despite only playing the demo that came on the machine.

Allforce on
    So opinion time. Which is the better bike - Scorpion or Phoenix?

So far I like the Scorpion better. It handles nicer and I seem to get better times on it.

Scorpion

• MusiquaMusiqua Registered User regular
    Can you finish all the tracks with the Scorpion? I just assumed you needed the acceleration and agility of the Phoenix on some of the Extreme tracks.

The basketball court jump in Dark City Run is my new nemesis. Or rather, the gap in the incline is. So frustrating.

• FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I find that the Scorpion is better unless there is a lot of stopping and jumping for me. I use the Scorpion on anything with long runs without any problems but I use the Phoenix for anything that requires me to be super hoppy and such.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
    It really depends on the course but overall the Phoenix is the best bike all around. You just have way more control and power.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I want this game really badly, but after my Live account got hacked and that whole ordeal I'm never tying my CC to Microsoft's system again. But I'm not in a position to go out and get microsoft points cards, unless they sell them at the local Caseys.

if you trust sites like amazon with you CC info (they have never done me wrong), you can buy a code for points instantly online.

• BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    Got this yesterday and I'd just like to say:
    Allforce wrote: »
    That level gave me all kinds of issues, its that last little water blast right before the finish that ruined me EVERY SINGLE TIME. I'd fault and have to start all the way over.

This, a thousand fucking times. I swear I had to restart over 100 attempts, at least half of which were that fucking last water blast.

Gamertag's BlitzAce1981 if anyone wants to add me and laugh at my feeble attempts/despair at seeing my scores (delete where applicable).

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    So does anybody else think platinum medals are pretty easy to get? My favorite tracks in hd were the simpler ones because every tiny bump had to be perfect to get platinum. I think I got the whole easy tier with less than 10 restarts on each.

I know they get crazy as the tracks are more technical, but I had some pretty sloppy platinum runs

sic2sig.jpg
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Th...
    There are platinums!? Aaaaaaaaargh

Ahem. I've gotten golds from the beginning through Prospector (which I now feel I could write a treatise on regarding how awful it is), but the sunset level bothered me in so many ways.

Also, I need people to race! Only one person on my friends list has this game, and he's starting to haunt me.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    You have to get the expert tracks unlocked (130 medals or something?), but it does give you credit for any you have earned (I had 3, which I thought was really cool). I think you can tell you've gotten them by the fireworks after a run.

sic2sig.jpg
  • SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    Discovering that platinum existed and my inability to do even the easiest ones makes me not want to even bother golding the rest like I'd originally planned.

I also managed to fail out of one of the flatliner tracks for too many restarts on the final goddamn obstacle (I was up to a fair number, but fully 300 or so were on a single obstacle). Terrifying.

I did the achievement yesterday where you beat one of the hard tracks with the smallest displacement bike in there. There were two parts on there that were cursed at...a lot.

I am super competitive and hate losing games, but I've developed a pretty thick skin regarding trials (I'm not sure how). I think after beating enough of them and getting to yell 'THAT'S RIGHT YOU ARE MY BITCH GAME SUCK IT' makes it all worth it.

sic2sig.jpg
  • BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    I don't know why, but I probably just put an hour worth of restarts, rage, and expletives into getting into the top 1000 on Strike. This fucking game.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
    First attempt at the Gigatrack - 8:08, 4 faults. Not too bad!

• temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    I have to admit, I never bought the first game, but always played it at my friends house. I decided to remedy this by buying Evolution. I'm not very good at it yet, but I love competing on the leaderboards, so add me! GT is Temperature MD.

XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
    Unyielding II get!
    That was a fuckin bitch and a half...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Bah ha ha. Check out my replay on Home Run. I stole first place on the leaderboard because of some lucky bs going over that big wall.

• TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Is there an option to change your rider's skin color?

Unlocked the secret achievent

Its called:

Nervous Twitch- Doh! You had a near-perfect run on a hard or extreme track, but blew it after the last checkpoint.

:cry:

• WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Bah ha ha. Check out my replay on Home Run. I stole first place on the leaderboard because of some lucky bs going over that big wall.

I couldnt figure out how to watch someones replay in my friends list... So i just beat it instead :P
    Ill say i usually root for you and feel little to no rage when youre on top spot however!

Witchsight.png
    edited April 2012
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Aww darn. I took the top spot on that course earlier and was feeling pretty good. Guess I need to go back and reclaim it!

Edit: Top spot is mine once again. COME AT ME

Sangheili91 on
    Damn :(