As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Boston PAX Meetup May 19th

arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX Archive
It was brought to my attention that us Boston-folk (and those in the nearby area) don't actually hang out very often. We have a great board game night, but it's on a weekday which discourages some from attending.

The Plan -

Meet at 2pm at the Commons, by the gazebo. I'll post a map later today indicating where it is. The idea was to hang out, have a bit of a picnic, enjoy being outside in the excellent weather. I'll bring a frisbee or two, please feel free to bring ... whatever you'd enjoy.

At 4pm we'll pull up stakes and head to Rattlesnake in an attempt to enjoy their roofdeck and numerous libations. Plans from there will likely be by ear, depending.

My cell is listed in the fb event if anybody gets lost/etc

Facebook event - http://www.facebook.com/events/392563680773925/

Love,
ArsonBro

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
zerzhul on

• LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Will be there!

AN9buWz.png
  • XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    I'll be 21 by the time that hits, so I'll be up for it. Good to see area PAXers sticking together somewhat.

• arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    Will be there!

Excellent sir :)
    XX55XX wrote: »
    I'll be 21 by the time that hits, so I'll be up for it. Good to see area PAXers sticking together somewhat.

Yea part of the logic behind meeting up at the commons for lunch was that sub-21 folks could still come hang out for a bit. Being 21+ will be even better ;)

arsonisfun on

Red B/Gold Professor

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    perhaps we should have an alternate plan in case it rains that day?

HI3789R.png
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    punzie wrote: »

Wait - unpredictable weather in Boston? I don't believe it. Trying to think of anything covered in the area that would play nice with a group including some underage . . .

I should be able to make this, barring any prior commitments that have been made for me that I have not yet been told about.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    i REALLY want to make this, but i have rsvped as maybe because there is a chance i will get nervous and chicken out. there, i said it.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    i REALLY want to make this, but i have rsvped as maybe because there is a chance i will get nervous and chicken out. there, i said it.

Nervous? Chicken out? :( I'm friendly!

Red B/Gold Professor

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    arsonisfun wrote: »

Nervous? Chicken out? :( I'm friendly!

It's true, Arsonbro is the friendliest of bros.

C'mon - we're PAX people! The best KIND of people! We're friendly - I promise. We also play well with others, despite the occasional tendency to run with scissors . . .

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ok ok... i double checked my calendar and i do happen to be miraculously free that day (i usually work saturdays, but not that one). also, i picked up a copy of miskatonic school for girls at pax, if anyone is still interested in trying it out.

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
    I should've gotten that bocce set...

RSVP'ed as maybe, have tentative plans for that weekend.

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    must.. remember.. to look at this when not sick as a dog...

If it doesn't conflict, I'll be there probably +4

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • dkhustlindkhustlin Registered User new member
    This sounds awesome I live in Attleboro but I can def make that is there anything else planned

• BritalityBritality Registered User regular
    I shall be there, possibly with bells on.

• ZappRowzdowerZappRowzdower Registered User regular
    I haven't had a chance to meet up outside of the month PAX occurs yet, and I would have loved to attend this. I'm afraid I'm out of town that day, so hopefully there will be more!

• MagnifiedXMagnifiedX [E] PC Security Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Yeaaaa I'll probably make an appearance.

• septagonseptagon Registered User regular
    I have to work later in the evening but ill try and be there for the picnicking.

• JaylewJaylew Registered User regular
    Well, likely chance is I can go to this, but I'll probably only be able to attend the picnic-y part as, while I'm well old enough to want to hang at the bar, my girlfriend (who attended PAX with me, first time for both of us) is still a bit of a youngin' and I'd feel bad abandoning her. Next year we'll be able to hang for the whole thing, like as not.

• Brew78Brew78 Registered User regular
    Cool.. I wouldn't mind meeting more new people! Board game night, you say?

Hmm, I'm a definite maybe. I think I'm picking someone up at the airport that weekend, actually..
    Maybe I could crash at my cousin's place..

Will need to gather more intel as the date approaches!

• Seductive KittySeductive Kitty Registered User regular
    I'll just leave this here... http://www.myradio929.com/earthfest.aspx

It's the same day, I'll probably end up there.

• LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular

Come on Dylan, don't be lame.

PAX people > earthfest

AN9buWz.png
    Khadour wrote: »
    punzie wrote: »

Wait - unpredictable weather in Boston? I don't believe it. Trying to think of anything covered in the area that would play nice with a group including some underage . . .

I should be able to make this, barring any prior commitments that have been made for me that I have not yet been told about.

Okay, two things:

This weekend is the Zombie March, for those that care. I don't ;)

Arsonbro, my bro, I shall be appearing with a +1 at this time, with a possible +2-5. If it matters.

Khadour, for the lunch portion of the plan (Picnic in good weather) just about anywhere that is not filled with douche is fine for under 21- I know for sure that before 7, the Bell In Hand doesn't care, because they serve food too- they only restrict after 7, and only get serious about it around 9 usually. For just an example, anyway.

Issue is mostly picking a good place.

~Kiashien

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    I haven't had a chance to meet up outside of the month PAX occurs yet, and I would have loved to attend this. I'm afraid I'm out of town that day, so hopefully there will be more!

Don't worry, I'll plan another event for a month or so after this one.

Kiashien wrote: »

Arsonbro, my bro, I shall be appearing with a +1 at this time, with a possible +2-5. If it matters.

~Kiashien

Zombie march means a more amusing view for our picnic portion of events I suppose ... And headcount doesn't matter too much, mostly using it to gauge where I should plan on for after lunch.

My current plan - Meet in the Commons at 1pm, bring foods/etc or scavenge from nearby food options. I will provide a short list of suggestions as well as an alternative option if the weather sucks. Hang out in the sun, watch some zombie marching, perhaps throw frisbees around or something. Wrap up our lunch at 2pm or so, wander to a local drinking establishment (ideally with food options). I'm currently considering the following places: Cleary's, The Rattlesnake, Atlantic Beer Garden, Whiskey Priest, and a few others ...

I'll get this squared up end of the week, I apologize for the delay.

Red B/Gold Professor

• TangoTango Registered User regular
    I should be putting in an appearance. :)

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Tango wrote: »
    I should be putting in an appearance. :)

Tango, are you local? I didn't know that.

HI3789R.png
  • girlgamer88girlgamer88 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    You had me at Zombie March and picnic.

I'mma goin'!

girlgamer88 on
    8BitBek

Future game art lady!

Kiashien wrote: »

~Kiashien

Zombie march means a more amusing view for our picnic portion of events I suppose ... And headcount doesn't matter too much, mostly using it to gauge where I should plan on for after lunch.

My current plan - Meet in the Commons at 1pm, bring foods/etc or scavenge from nearby food options. I will provide a short list of suggestions as well as an alternative option if the weather sucks. Hang out in the sun, watch some zombie marching, perhaps throw frisbees around or something. Wrap up our lunch at 2pm or so, wander to a local drinking establishment (ideally with food options). I'm currently considering the following places: Cleary's, The Rattlesnake, Atlantic Beer Garden, Whiskey Priest, and a few others ...

I'll get this squared up end of the week, I apologize for the delay.

We should totally find the most trendy bar we can, swarm it, and set up board games. Because I hate the trendy jerk bars (Gypsy bar, I'm looking at you.)

..Or we can be nice and go somewhere less dumb.

• sphynx630sphynx630 Boston, Massachusetts Registered User regular
    I would be glad to meet my fellow
    PAX'ers around the area. Count me in!! :lol:

Good - as posted on the FB event, this is happening on a day that there actually IS something planned in advance for me, so I'll be missing this. Hope to make the one in June, tho!

xWDsUaZ.png

This is still a go this weekend, yes?

• MagnifiedXMagnifiedX [E] PC Security Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Yeah, where are we meeting up arson?

• girlgamer88girlgamer88 Registered User regular
    I am also wondering about this.

8BitBek

Future game art lady!
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

Pretty sure I'm going to this.

Also, the ProtoMen are playing in Worcester on Friday night.

• ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    HarpoonFest is happening on Friday and Saturday as well. www.harpoonbrewery.com/index.cfm?pid=28567

1EAFQ.gif
    OP updated

Red B/Gold Professor

Also - a map http://g.co/maps/umndp

Red B/Gold Professor

• stavros45stavros45 BostonRegistered User new member
    Just joined the maybe list on facebook, sounds like it could be fun!

*sigh*.  Head to the monument on top of the hill, looks like there was an event I was unaware of. Small group of us, or look for a red bike

Red B/Gold Professor

• TangoTango Registered User regular
    Balls, totally forgot about this! Hope everyone had fun. I slept and then watched the Champions' League final. RESULT!

Punzie, I'm a state or so over, but will make the trip to Boston semi-frequently. But yeah, I live in the US - some people do assume I live in Europe. Can't imagine why. ;)

• XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    I went to this. Really fun. But a glass of whiskey at that bar was a complete ripoff.