As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Help re-theme the PAX Forums Secret Santa!!!

SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX General Discussion
Don't worry, we're not starting sign ups or anything.

But I would like some help for a new gift exchange theme that isn't already in use on the PA forums.

Start throwing out ideas!! bonus points for a theme built around Vikings and Odin!

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
Moe Fwacky on

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Winter Solstice theme. Include the krampus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krampus

E6LkoFK.png

• CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Mayan calendar world ending meme thing happens in December this year. I say we celibrate the apocalypse with presents. Gifts for the impending doom of all things. Ragnarok. Cthuhlu wakes up. Meteor strikes the earth.

Actually Ragnarok gifts works fairly well for me. Arm your comrades for the song of the world ending.

Creamsteak on
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sub-Genius theme. We honor J.R. Bob Dobbs with the giving and receiving of Slack (presents), the most valuable of commodities, in order to help spread and restore the Slack that the pinkos have taken away from us. We shall call it Slackmas.
    Well, last year we had a complaint that by calling it secret santa that it made our exchange a christian thing and they were offended when people opened their gifts before xmas day.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

That fucking rustles my jimmies. One person shouldn't ruin everyone else's fun. If they don't like it, they don't have to participate. I'm not religious in the slightest and I had no problems with it being called Secret Santa.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    Merch's Minions.

Seasonal Celebration of Non-Religious Friendship.

Shut Up and Open The Damn Gift.

Step 1: Cut a Hole In The Box.

What Will Brown Deliver To You?

Secret Silly Geese

5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    Winter Bobcat Exchange

NO, WAIT

Viking Bobcat Exchange

viking.jpg

This thread now complete.

• Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Honey Badger Naming Rights Exchange
    Honey Badger Exchange

Happy Non Offensive Not Necessarily Holiday Oriented and Not Necessarily Higher Power Acknowledging Gift Giving Open It Whenever You Like Event Day

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • tortured3tortured3 Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what it will be called but I'd like to take part this year. Also I feel people get offended too easily.

grym & kvlt
  • tortured3tortured3 Registered User regular
    Also Santa isn't Christian . Jesus is the Christian part....

grym & kvlt
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Let's not get too hung up on the negative please, just focus on coming up with a cool theme :)

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2012
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    Winter Bobcat Exchange

I love this idea with great intensity.

Secret Bobcat.

zerzhul on
  • AtallaAtalla Registered User regular
    Ooohh, I think I found something else I would like to participate in...How do I participate this year?

Honey Badger Exchange----personal favorite so far!

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    i definitely like the idea of celebrating the apocalypse. we can give people things that they will need to survive in the new post-apocalyptic wasteland! however, that may not be something that could carry over year to year...

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    edited April 2012
    Wait, if we do a Subgenius theme, we could call it X-Mas in recognition of X-Day! The day when the space aliens will come to wipe the Earth clean of all the pinkos and only those who have dedicated themselves to the gaining of Slack will be saved. The whole objective of X-Mas will be to help spread the great gift of Slack to those who truly need it so that they will be saved when X-Day arrives!

As a legally ordained Reverend in the Church of the Subgenius (no really) I give this idea my full backing!
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Let's not get too hung up on the negative please, just focus on coming up with a cool theme :)

It's hard not to with how incredibly infuriating this is. I fully plan on venting later on in places where I can't get infracted or banned because I have an avalanche of salty sailor grade expletives I need to get out. My whole outside round consisted of me muttering creative new additions to the world's dictionary of horrifying profanity. :iMad: Oh well. Not much I can really do about it besides go into the shop and beat something with a steel pipe until the mad goes away.
    i definitely like the idea of celebrating the apocalypse. we can give people things that they will need to survive in the new post-apocalyptic wasteland! however, that may not be something that could carry over year to year...
    This would be cool too and hey, no matter what year it is, it never hurts to be prepared considering how fucked we are if things keep going the way they are.

Two cans of Tactical Bacon plox.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    I like the apocalypse idea. The ideas for gifts could be useful items or foolish items.
    I'm drawn to the bobcat idea too. Well I just want to make a bobcat plushie.

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Atalla wrote: »
    Ooohh, I think I found something else I would like to participate in...How do I participate this year?

Honey Badger Exchange----personal favorite so far!

Around late October I'll post a thread :-) just sign up there!! It's tonnes of fun!

• nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    NO, WAIT

Viking Bobcat Exchange

viking.jpg

This thread now complete.

Seconded for the new name!

Hoping to get involved next year and I think that everyone should send a bobcat along with their other gift(s).

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Either honey badger or bobcat.

In order to find out which name wins we take one of each and put them in a pit. Animal thunderdome.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    So, as was correctly pointed out to me via PM.. My OP did seem rather passive aggressive. It was not my intent to make people up in arms over the issue and I apologize.

So going forward can we make sure to keep this on topic of a new theme and only the new theme? Thanks!

SmallLady wrote: »
    So, as was correctly pointed out to me via PM.. My OP did seem rather passive aggressive. It was not my intent to make people up in arms over the issue and I apologize.

So going forward can we make sure to keep this on topic of a new theme and only the new theme? Thanks!

Don't worry :) The bobcats still love you!

Also, have you seen our awesome new lanyard system for bobcats at Prime?
    91038683_0d4d83e177.jpg

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    I have a theme. I call it 'Sekrit Alfred'.
    Each forumer gets a note from the Riddler exposing the 'real' identity of Batman.

Upon this information, each person would obviously be so thankful for everything that Batman has done for the forums and the city of Gotham that they would send their Batman gifts in line with wishes of their public identities.

We then spend a month all pretending that we are Batman.

Also, Smalllady is Alfred.

7B14287.png
  • Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    "Mystery PAX", It's a mystery what's inside the package. You could send your secret partner clues or riddles to throw them off the track of the contents. (If your nice, the clues could be geared towards what's in the box)

It could be a bobcat or a mail order bride or Batman's true identity. Why knows?

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    peetsnack wrote: »
    Each forumer gets a note from the Riddler exposing the 'real' identity of Batman.

Upon this information, each person would obviously be so thankful for everything that Batman has done for the forums and the city of Gotham that they would send their Batman gifts in line with wishes of their public identities.

Do we even need to discuss this any further? I think we have a winner...

AN9buWz.png
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    "Mystery PAX", It's a mystery what's inside the package. You could send your secret partner clues or riddles to throw them off the track of the contents. (If your nice, the clues could be geared towards what's in the box)

It could be a bobcat or a mail order bride or Batman's true identity. Why knows?

Nice PAXage!

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    Surprise! Bobcat!

(Exclamation points are a must)

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Hidden Hannukah
    Surprise Solstice
    Enigmatic Eid

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular

I enjoy this idea thoroughly, my only addition is that the Riddler's name be used somehow in the title. "Alfred's Enigma"

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular

i also think this is an amazing idea, particularly the part about pretending to be batman. like i need an excuse.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    Why not just switch it to pagan x-mas to keep everything neutral without changing anything?

Secret Pagan Santa

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Why not just switch it to pagan x-mas to keep everything neutral without changing anything?

Secret Pagan Santa

That was pretty much what I was going for with the Solstice Krampus themed thing

E6LkoFK.png

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    I just watched Rare Exports last night, and then read this thread today.

Pagan Santa.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    PAX Forums Winter Clearinghouse Sweepstakes

PAX Forums Bobcat Charity Foundation

Bobcat: It's coming for you.

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    "We've Got Ourselves a Badass Box Overhere" Neil deGrasse Tyson Memorial Gift Exchange

PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    All of these ideas are good I vote either for being Batman or anything involving Bobcats. To be fair I will be happy with any idea that the community agrees upon. Sorry I don't have any suggestions of my own.

it's like Nevermore can see into my mind!

it's down to secret bobcats or secret batmans!!! so start building on those as a fully fleshed out theme and I will pick a winner!

• BritalityBritality Registered User regular
    Batcat and Bobman? Hmm.

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    BOBCATMAN

too much?

7B14287.png
    BATMAN'S BOBCATS

Bobcats: The Ultimate Utility Item!

(Let the Plebians figure out it's a Batman reference)

This discussion has been closed.