As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game Deals Thread

• GSMGSM Registered User regular
    Humble Indie Bundle is doing a Humble Botanicula Debut. Pay-what-you-want for all the Amanita games, soundtracks, and even that Kooky movie they made. Amazing deal, but anybody who pre-ordered on GOG might be feeling a bit miffed...?

We'll get back there someday.
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Onlive is having a special on their Playpass thingy (the 10 bucks a month for 200 games). Celebrating the 200 game threshold by running a week of contests and offering the playpass for 2.00 for first months. Collection is actually pretty decent. Some are garbage and too many are sega genesis games, but for 2 bucks access to games like Just Cause 2, Batman Arkham Asylum, Alpha Protocol, the Witcher, etc is not a bad deal, especially if you're curious about the service.

• KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Kaseius wrote: »
    Newegg 48 hour sale:

Diablo 3 PC 50$
    Code: EMCNFJC22

Dragon's Dogma 360 - 48$
    Code: EMCNFJC239

Dragon's Dogma PS3 - 48$
    Code: EMCNFJC242

Original sales page with other stuff

What is the best version of Dragon's Dogma?

MT Framework (Resident Evil 5, Lost Planet 1+2, Devil May Cry 4, and now Dragon's Dogma) historically runs and looks better on X360 than PS3.

Of course, I picked the PS3 version. I may cancel.

• KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    god, i am having such a rough time finding anything worthwhile lately.

amazon's got some PC downloads on sale, including:

King's Bounty Platinum Edition 5$
    Penumbra Collection 5$
    Cryostasis 5$

and a ton of other stuff that I have never seen.

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    It's a 1C publisher sale. They have a couple of good games and a lot of crap.

captaink on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Ok I know I'm asking in the right place now. So I found a pair of Gunnar MW3 glasses and case on sale for 42 bucks, do I go for it? I'd let you guys know where but its just one pair in a local store.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Ok I know I'm asking in the right place now. So I found a pair of Gunnar MW3 glasses and case on sale for 42 bucks, do I go for it? I'd let you guys know where but its just one pair in a local store.

That sounds like an amazing deal. Because, unless I'm mistaken, most Gunnar products are easily $100+? I've wanted to get some of those for being on computers all day, but then I actually got an IT job and staring at screens all day really isn't all that bad.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    target mobile is doing a trade in thing right now. if you trade in any 2 games listed on their site you get a $20 coupon good towards a game purchase. there are ps1 and oXbox games on there, and all kinds of stuff. good time to get rid of some worthless old stuff.

you can only use 1 $20 coupon per item, and it has to be redeemed the day of.

target also has Uncharted 3 and Assassins Creed Revelations on sale for $30 right now, so after the trade theyre $10 each.

• The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular

That sounds like an amazing deal. Because, unless I'm mistaken, most Gunnar products are easily $100+? I've wanted to get some of those for being on computers all day, but then I actually got an IT job and staring at screens all day really isn't all that bad.

Yeah I can tell it's a decent deal. I'm just wondering if anybody here has any experience with them, and if I should get them then how hard should I be jumping on this deal?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    target mobile is doing a trade in thing right now. if you trade in any 2 games listed on their site you get a $20 coupon good towards a game purchase. there are ps1 and oXbox games on there, and all kinds of stuff. good time to get rid of some worthless old stuff.

target also has Uncharted 3 and Assassins Creed Revelations on sale for $30 right now, so after the trade theyre $10 each.

Before you get excited, check on the site to see if there are any Targets in your area doing this. There weren't any within 200 miles of me, and I'm not exactly in a depopulated area.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

Before you get excited, check on the site to see if there are any Targets in your area doing this. There weren't any within 200 miles of me, and I'm not exactly in a depopulated area.

i dont think the store locator on that site works. the target next to where i work has a mobile setup and does game trade ins, but their site says there arent any stores within 50 miles of me. it would at least be worth calling around, if youre interested.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Dammit, I wish I kept up with this thread on a daily basis

I missed out on that Sonic Generations deal

• R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Also when I used the store locator it was saying every store by me does trade-ins (20+ within a 50 mile radius.)

steam_sig.png
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Amazon is having videogame gold box deals all day tomorrow with the main even being Mass Effect 3 for $30. Here are the rest of the deals:

Full Schedule:

6-8 am Ear Force X32 Headset $ 64.99
    8-9 am PlayStation Move Eye $20
    9-10 am PlayStation Move Motion Controller $25
    10-11 am PlayStation Move Navigation Controller $ 15
    11-2 pm PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter $20
    12-1 pm PlayStation Move Shooting Attachment $10
    1-3 pm The King of Fighters XIII $24.99
    3-5 pm Final Fantasy XIII-2 $ 24.99
    5-7 pm Street Fighter X Tekken FightStick Cross/Line $99.99
    7-9 pm Sifteo Interactive Game Cubes $99.99
    9-10 pm Disney Lego Pirates of the Carribbean (DS) $ 9.49

It starts at 12am PST April 24th for anyone curious. I'm thinking that $30 might be my sweet spot for Mass Effect so I'll probably pick that up.

Edit: Also, Serious Sam 3:BFE is having a sale on Steam because they added Mac support. It's 66% off at $13.60 for 1 copy and $40.79 for a four pack.

Kanden on
    ME3 aside, that's a pretty weak gold box day if you don't give a shit about the PS Move

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    It was $15 at BestBuy a few weeks ago, but I think $30 is about right currently.

uyvfOQy.png
    Just how badly did XIII-2 tank? It only released two months ago

edited April 2012
    Can anyone confirm that FF XIII-2 is for less than $30? I found that price at Costco.

I got that list off of CheapAssGamer and they've always been pretty solid for this kind of stuff at least to my knowledge.

Kanden on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Has anyone seen any good deals for Diablo 3?
    I hate paying full price for games haha. I have become spoiled.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

Well, its free if you buy a year sub to WoW. I think.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

And Newegg had a $10 off promo that ran for a minute, but I think that was last week.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Only problem with that is that I kicked my WoW habit a while back for the sake of my sanity haha

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Newegg 48 hour sale:

Diablo 3 PC 50$

Dragon's Dogma 360 - 48$

Dragon's Dogma PS3 - 48$

MT Framework (Resident Evil 5, Lost Planet 1+2, Devil May Cry 4, and now Dragon's Dogma) historically runs and looks better on X360 than PS3.

Don't. "MT Framework is better on the 360" is strictly opinion. As far as I'm concerned all those game listed (except DMC4 which I have zero interest in) look equal or better on the PS3. Look up some comparison videos on youtube and decide for yourself tho.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    We're getting off topic, but nowadays it's fairly rare for there to be much of a noticeable difference between the PS3 and 360 versions of games unless you're willing to take a microscope to it (Skyrim being an obvious exception, though supposedly that's been fixed).

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Wait... did anyone link Be Mine 2 Bundle? 14 hours left.

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Newegg 48 hour sale:

Diablo 3 PC 50$

Dragon's Dogma 360 - 48$

Dragon's Dogma PS3 - 48$

Don't. "MT Framework is better on the 360" is strictly opinion. As far as I'm concerned all those game listed (except DMC4 which I have zero interest in) look equal or better on the PS3. Look up some comparison videos on youtube and decide for yourself tho.

Maybe it's gotten better since Resident Evil 5. RE5 was demonstrably better-looking and better-performing on 360. Still completely playable and fun and great on PS3. I have it on PS3. I played it multiple times. But yeah. Better on 360.

Maybe we can put this to rest by just playing the DD demo on both consoles! :)

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Amazon's gold box lightning deals are all video game related today. The past three have been PS3 peripherals, and the one before that was a wireless headset for XB360.

Also ME3 is 50% off today.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/

KoopahTroopah on
    Steam has the Dead Space series on sale as Midweek Madness. $5 each for Dead Space, and Dead Space 2.

Can anyone confirm that FF XIII-2 is for less than $30? I found that price at Costco.

its $19.99 at gamefly right now, looks like only the ps3 one is in stock though

i traded in some ps1 games that had been gathering dust and some worthless ps3 games and came out of target with Prototype 2, Sonic Generations, and Dead Island for $62. none of the trade in values for any of the 6 games i traded in was more than $2. pretty nice deal i think.

• SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Dead Space sale again? Yikes. At least I've actually played them both now. I paid $30 for DS2 and it went on sale for $5 three or four times before I actually got around to playing it.

Anyway, I'd highly reccomend picking up at least the first, but don't start the game without looking into some performance fixes. There's a little one that makes all the difference in the world (its got a really funny game breaking definition of "v sync").

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Just use a gamepad and it's fine. Should be using a pad for Dead Space anyway, in my opinion.

steam_sig.png
    XBL Games on Demand has released another decent game at a fair price. Dead Rising 2: Off the Record for $20.

Mysteriously, Jurassic Park has disappeared from the GoD list... thankfully, I jumped on that one before it vanished.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Toys R Us has The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Xbox 360) for $44.99 - $10 off promotional code 952229 = $34.99. Shipping is $6

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    Toys R Us has The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Xbox 360) for $44.99 - $10 off promotional code 952229 = $34.99. Shipping is $6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYj7T9eEQ4U

The Witcher's pretty awesome. Good deal for $40. Its a little glitchy from time to time (enemies just vanishing in the middle of a fight) but nothing too bad. This Geralt guy is such a poon hound...

• TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    I wanna play it, but not before playing the original. Hopefully it will go on sale soon?

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Turkey wrote: »
    I wanna play it, but not before playing the original. Hopefully it will go on sale soon?

The Witcher 1 goes on sale all the damn time. Just buy 2. You'll see a sale on 1 sometime soon. Probably for $5.

This discussion has been closed.