As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MLP: FiM: For the New Lunar Old Republic

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    The new EQD Drawing post has a lot of stuff for Chrysalis that I absolutely adore.

I'm getting way too attached to this character.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    1.jpg

Saddle Arabia sounds like an interesting place to visit in S3. Ponies, djinns and sultans is what my probably racsist mind is thinking of. I don't know anything about Saudi Arabia...

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    1.jpg

Saddle Arabia sounds like an interesting place to visit in S3. Ponies, djinns and sultans is what my probably racsist mind is thinking of. I don't know anything about Saudi Arabia...

I keep having to remind myself that it's called the Fertile Crescent for a reason. Well.. not Saudi Arabia itself, but the edges. And Iraq.

Assassins Creed's color palate did not help.

(so jealous of my brother who got to go to Jerusalem while his ship was on tour.)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    Galloping Gorge? That's the canyon with the quarry eels, right?

. . . they should TOTALLY GO THERE.

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Just stay away from the forest and it's poison joke, would really ruin the honeymoon.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • LavokLavok Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Shadowen wrote: »
    So Celestia writes a letter to herself. "Dear Me, It's not a weakness to admit you aren't perfect."
    Maybe have her write the letter to Twilight Sparkle instead, that would be kinda neat, if a bit cheesy.

Lavok on
    agoaj wrote: »
    Just stay away from the forest and it's poison joke, would really ruin the honeymoon.

It might've happened when the episode first aired, but I'm amazed I haven't seen more stuff of various writers trying to figure out how "poison joke" would mess with the secondary/background characters.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    SabreMau wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »
    She controls the sun.

Thats pretty damn powerful.

Putting her on the same level as the rooster from Rock a Doodle.

VbA8k.jpg

Oh man that movie. I mean the very fact that it has quite possibly the biggest plothole EVER in a film it's just a shitty musical overall. Can't believe the same guy who did Rock a Doodle did Secret of Nym.

Haven't actually seen the movie, but I watch a lot of Nostalgia Critic.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Also, Nostalgia Critic mentioned that the film was more weird than straight-up bad.

Which was kind of an issue with Don Bluth.

His films got progressively more bizarre as the years rolled on.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Didn't think Anastasia or Titan A.E. were all that bizarre.

Only watched the second one once, though, causing it to only earn half its budget at the box office. Then Treasure Planet came out two years later and lost almost as much money and people stopped financing big-budget 2D animated space movies.

edited April 2012
    Titan A.E. was great, but bombed miserably for dumb reasons.

Anastasia was probably his most successful, thus proving that his only shot at real financial success would come from copying Disney.

Goatmon on

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I know some of you said that you would rather see adventure type stuff in season 3 rather than slice-of-life.
    But to be honest, it was the slice-of-life stuff that got me so into this show in the first place. I know its cheesy but season 1 had that certain charm that wasn't all there in season 2. Not saying season 2 wasn't good mind you, I just want the producers of the show to keep doing what they are doing and see what comes of it.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Season 3 is the first completely non-Faust season correct? Should be interesting to see what they come up with.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    As long as they don't decide to turn it into a fully adventure series whose plots can be distilled to:
    1. Threat shows up
    2. They spend the episode finding the way to vanquish the threat
    3. They vanquish the threat

Character depth can keep things interesting.

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    As long as they don't decide to turn it into a fully adventure series whose plots can be distilled to:
    1. Threat shows up
    2. They spend the episode finding the way to vanquish the threat
    3. They vanquish the threat

Character depth can keep things interesting.

Game Of Hooves.

Honestly though I would guess that every episode is still going to revolve around the lessons of Friendship in Season 3. By brining a bad faction there is a chance to tell a story of faction diplomacy. As long as the story stays in ponyville then I can't see the stories changing. If the focus turns outside of poniville I suspect we will see more foes.

Honestly there are more stories that can be told about the characters that need to be told. Like Applejacks family and Scooterloo needs episodes. Returning to Tank, Spikes new Phoenix pet, Trixie, More Luna. There is so much to return to that I suspect they will actually run out of episode slots to return to everything.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular

That is so incredibly awesome. Reminds me of classic Megaman tunes, which is always good.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »
    She controls the sun.

Thats pretty damn powerful.

Putting her on the same level as the rooster from Rock a Doodle.

VbA8k.jpg

Oh man that movie. I mean the very fact that it has quite possibly the biggest plothole EVER in a film it's just a shitty musical overall. Can't believe the same guy who did Rock a Doodle did Secret of Nym.

Haven't actually seen the movie, but I watch a lot of Nostalgia Critic.

I cannot stand that man's voice. He's always shouting.

edited April 2012
    More so in the early years than nowadays.

UpJRP.jpg

SabreMau on
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I was discussing Cadence's Aria with a friend today and we got to wondering who the singer was. Turns out it's Lindsay Ridgeway. Wikipedia says she does the national anthem for the LA Kings and Anaheim Angels. Her biggest role was the singing voice of Darla Dimple in Cats Don't Dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB0n7KTyEdI

Blendtec on
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I knew there was a reason I was reminded of her.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    People were discussing it earlier and I don't recall a screencap...

VOnPp.jpg

• OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »
    I was discussing Cadence's Aria with a friend today and we got to wondering who the singer was. Turns out it's Lindsay Ridgeway. Wikipedia says she does the national anthem for the LA Kings and Anaheim Angels. Her biggest role was the singing voice of Darla Dimple in Cats Don't Dance.

Man I KNEW I could hear Darla in her voice, that's awesome.

edited April 2012
    Howdy, @Okami

How are you and Talon doing?

Goatmon on

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    We all know that if Luna hadn't been napping, that fight would have ended double-quick.

I always tend to like characters that end up not getting much screen time. :(
    What you didn't see was that Luna was flying around destroying Zerglings because as queen of the night she also fights off the monsters that haunt Ponies dreams. She flew around with battle axe in hand...hoof...er...mouth? and was slaying them left and right. To her it was a Tuesday. So when she landed she didn't think it was anything other than another day and she was just late to the ceremony.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Cats Don't Dance is so underappreciated

edited April 2012
    I remember that was one of the films playing at my theater the very first week I started work there.

But as for singing voices, Twilight switching from speaking to singing voice and back again at the start of the episode seemed a bit more jarring than usual.

SabreMau on
    edited April 2012
    I don't really care for Friend is Witchcraft, but this is pretty great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4xvIpSSlWo

Goatmon on

If only the songs in the show were subtitled in papyrus and comic sans.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    If only the songs in the show were subtitled in papyrus and comic sans.

Dammit, now I actually went and looked at the video. Why do you do that?

edited April 2012
    Jlvea.jpg

And I just today noticed, while checking the episode list on Wikipedia, that three episodes have their own Wikipedia pages. The Return of Harmony, Hearts and Hooves Day, and A Canterlot Wedding. And now they got the ratings in:
    Hasbro wrote:
    LOS ANGELES – A record-setting performance by the much-buzzed-about, two-episode special wedding of Princess Cadance and Shining Armor -- from the pop-culture phenomenon series “My Little Pony Friendship is Magic”-- on Saturday, April 21, delivered the best-ever audience numbers for any series in the history of The Hub among the target demographics of Kids 2-11, Kids 6-11 and Households. The series is produced by Hasbro Studios.

The first episode of the two-part “My Little Pony Friendship is Magic” Royal Wedding Event (Saturday, 1-1:30 p.m. ET) was The Hub’s best-ever telecast in network history with Kids 6-11, Kids 2-11 and Households. It was the second-best ever among Persons 2+.

The first episode earned year-to-year delivery gains among Kids 6-11 (+1047%, 218,000), Kids 2-11 (+1100%, 336,000), Women 18-49 (+140%, 36,000), Adults 18-49 (+102%, 95,000), Persons 2+ (+369%, 483,000) and Households (+286%, 363,000).

The second episode (1:30-2 p.m. ET) was second-best telecast in The Hub’s history with Kids 6-11 and Households, ranking third best-ever with Kids 2-11.

The second episode earned year-to-year delivery gains among Kids 6-11 (+654%, 211,000), Kids 2-11 (+487%, 311,000), Women 18-49 (+80%, 36,000), Adults 18-49 (+46%, 104,000), Persons 2+ (+157%, 475,000) and Households (+130%, 341,000).

Driven by the outstanding performance of Saturday’s “My Little Pony Friendship is Magic” Royal Wedding Event, The Hub earned its second-best Saturday (6 a.m. – 12 a.m.) in network history with Kids 6-11 (58,000), Kids 2-11 (98,000), Persons 2+ (184,000) and Households (129,000).

SabreMau on
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Add in some numbers from the live streaming for people who don't have the hub and you have a fuckton of viewers.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    edited April 2012
    Someone told me to rewatch the fight scene, specifically the Fluttershy bit. I hate to be that guy, but right at about 1 minute in, what is happening there?

Edit- I'm sure it's just an innocent kiss on the nose between friends, or maybe just a poorly used sound effect. Still, I have to question their judgement in doing that, darker elements of the fandom are going to run with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC8IrmH4lkU

Blendtec on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited April 2012
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    It's definitely innocent/cute between close friends or a poor sound effect choice given how Rainbow Dash is animated picking up Fluttershy. I'm mostly worried about the backlash from parts of the community (see - Derpy) or opponents of the show latching on to that as the newest point of hate. I can see a Fox News report right now over this.

Blendtec on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    We all know that if Luna hadn't been napping, that fight would have ended double-quick.

I always tend to like characters that end up not getting much screen time. :(
    What you didn't see was that Luna was flying around destroying Zerglings because as queen of the night she also fights off the monsters that haunt Ponies dreams. She flew around with battle axe in hand...hoof...er...mouth? and was slaying them left and right. To her it was a Tuesday. So when she landed she didn't think it was anything other than another day and she was just late to the ceremony.

Other alternate answer:
    eJKWL.png

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ha!

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Daddy Two-CoatsDaddy Two-Coats Registered User regular
    It's definitely innocent/cute between close friends or a poor sound effect choice given how Rainbow Dash is animated picking up Fluttershy. I'm mostly worried about the backlash from parts of the community (see - Derpy) or opponents of the show latching on to that as the newest point of hate. I can see a Fox News report right now over this.
    Ugh. Uuuugghhhhhh. It's just a "whoosh" picking-her-up sound but yeah, people are gonna speculate all over the place on that one. This is what I hate about fandoms in general.

edited April 2012
    Ugh. Uuuugghhhhhh. It's just a "whoosh" picking-her-up sound but yeah, people are gonna speculate all over the place on that one. This is what I hate about fandoms in general.
    Exactly. This is why we can't have nice things.

Edit - Derpy is canon. Hehe.

BfaXz.png

Blendtec on
This discussion has been closed.