As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everything is now inadequate: Post PAX Blues

13»

• Options
    ChuckerChucker From now on, call me Big Boss! MarylandRegistered User regular
    Why oh why did I read this thread when I thought I was over all of it. I've been to two easts (The first one, missed the second because my daughter was born that friday, and now this one). It was mainly an excuse for our WoW guild to get together, and now that we've all but stopped playing it we stick together with PAX and other games in between.

It was a riot getting so many streetpasses from everybody. I had my 3DS for 4 months and I swear nobody in Annapolis had one. If you got Chux with a greeting of Rampant Fronting or MiserablePodcast, that was me. Hope I killed some ghosts, or let you get some rad puzzle pieces.

Along with my friends from abroad, I also had a few friends that live near me go, and we tore it up at concerts and the Witcher Launch party, it was good to reconnect with them. Anyhoo, can't wait to see everybody at the next East. We set up the event in facebook as soon as my friend found the listing in the convention center's calendar.

• Options
    DristanDristan Designer Asheville, NCRegistered User regular
    This was my first PAX east (after having tickets for the last two but never getting to actually use them due to RL issues that came up) and I'm definitely feeling the post-PAX blues. My wife and myself had decided to hold out until PAX Prime 2013 and fly to Seattle since cost-wise it's pretty much the same for us but I'm not quite sure if I can wait more than a year to get back to the fold.

• Options
    d3r371ctd3r371ct pittsburghRegistered User regular
    Kiashien wrote: »
    ErickaJo wrote: »
    On the plus side, my cat has finally forgiven me for ditching him for the weekend.

My cat was horrifically blindingly happy to the point that we wondered if he was going to rub his face off that we were back.

same

lemon curry?
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    d3r371ct wrote: »
    ErickaJo wrote: »
    On the plus side, my cat has finally forgiven me for ditching him for the weekend.

My cat was horrifically blindingly happy to the point that we wondered if he was going to rub his face off that we were back.

same

my cats, however, were still harboring resentment about us leaving in the first place and hid under things and hissed at us for the first hour or two we were home. by the next day it was all snuggles, though.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    lxpklxpk Founder San FranciscoRegistered User new member
    I dealt with Post PAX by planning a Code Hero booth for PAX Prime. But I do miss it. My #1 plan for Prime: Not to be in a wheelchair anymore. Not how I expected to spend my first PAX!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I've been to all three Easts and each one just gets better. Mostly. The first PAX still had a couple of my favorite moments, like standing in line for the concerts while everyone suddenly breaks out singing Still Alive (which was playing on the loudspeaker). When the song ended, we of course didn't stop. Oh no. The next song was Bohemian Rhapsody, and we continued singing after we already left the room and the speakers were nowhere around. The whole group finished the damn song. By the end of it I was laughing so hard I was crying.

Still, this year I did finally get to meet Jeff Green (who is my fucking hero) thanks to my wife, had a good time streetpassing like a motherfucker (I live in rural Vermont, so a streetpass from someone who isn't my wife is a pleasant surprise... 190 in a weekend is amazing), and just all around loved the show.

So how am I dealing with not being there? I mean, I hate my job, so I have that hatred to keep me going of course... and the job search. And I have my head buried in schoolwork with finals coming up.

I miss you PAX. :(

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    JaylewJaylew Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Still, this year I did finally get to meet Jeff Green (who is my fucking hero) thanks to my wife, had a good time streetpassing like a motherfucker (I live in rural Vermont, so a streetpass from someone who isn't my wife is a pleasant surprise... 190 in a weekend is amazing), and just all around loved the show.

Fistbump to a fellow Vermont gamer. You'd swear, in nearly every town you live, that there are only maybe 30-40 of us in the entire state with how useless features like streetpass is 90% of the time.

I live in Boston now, but sure is nice to know I'm not the only Vermonter at PAX.

• Options
    KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    Jaylew wrote: »

Fistbump to a fellow Vermont gamer. You'd swear, in nearly every town you live, that there are only maybe 30-40 of us in the entire state with how useless features like streetpass is 90% of the time.

I live in Boston now, but sure is nice to know I'm not the only Vermonter at PAX.

I'll bite. What the crap is a streetpass?

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Jaylew wrote: »

I'll bite. What the crap is a streetpass?

When two 3DS systems pass by each other in standby mode, they exchange information. Location, game info, some other stuff...

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter