As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]New thread is up. Hope everyone enjoyed the April BWE! It was awesome!

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Enig wrote: »
    Minor blog post about ANet's stuff on FB/Twitter/Pinterest: http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars-2-on-the-social-media-front-4

(Super high-res 3607x4249 of this artwork available here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenanet/7092056785/sizes/l/in/photostream/)

Hello new iPad wallpaper.

Speaking of wallpaper. I made a 1080P wallpaper out of the image, if anyone wants it.

Two options:
    http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3461/eirunderwater1080a.jpg
    http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6812/eirunderwater1080b.jpg (w/black bars to get more of the vertical aspect)

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • HewnHewn Registered User regular
    Puuurrdddy. Thanks.

Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I just saw huggles username for gw2.

shit is so money.

Slabs Of Ham! Celery And Horseradish! Tons Of Asparagus!
    So zetta slow.

• steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Minor blog post about ANet's stuff on FB/Twitter/Pinterest: http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars-2-on-the-social-media-front-4

I had no fucking idea what Pinterest was till a few months ago and suddenly I see it mentioned constantly. It really seems like one of those flash in the pan products (or products that seem like they should just be a sourceforge JS snippet) whose business model just reads 'Get bought by someone'.

steejee on
    The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
    Every girl I know uses pinterest pretty religiously. It's a full blown thing.

• ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Geod wrote: »
    This is to enter data

This is to view the info

Heres the "sign up list" again for those that wanted to look or add their name. Really its more of a way to get an idea of how many people are going to be in for this BWE.

The only reason I haven't put my name down yet is because I've just moved houses and my ISP is being a goose, so I have no idea if I will be connected for the weekend.

I'll probably go invade a library for free wifi, but I'm dubious of the ability to download a 20gb or whatever client on a public network...

Archangle on
  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Hewn wrote: »

For me its every person I know without a job has time to use pinterest.

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I don't think I can actively name a friend that uses pinterest, but I'm sure they exist.

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    FAQ time.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    A couple things I learned today.

First up is that gw2builds.org is pretty cool.

And secondly. Apperently some of the prospective guilds for gw2 are holding a monthly meetinghouse for the guilds to talk about various things. It is recorded podcast style. Would anyone object to me attending the next one as our guilds representative?

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    Entaru wrote: »
    And secondly. Apperently some of the prospective guilds for gw2 are holding a monthly meetinghouse for the guilds to talk about various things. It is recorded podcast style. Would anyone object to me attending the next one as our guilds representative?

Oh man, I love this kind of thing. You have my blessing (not that I have any sway) and I'd like to find out more information about it.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    A couple things I learned today.

First up is that gw2builds.org is pretty cool.

Go right ahead. The more exposure the better. Obviously the guild is PA only, but I would like us to be a fixture in the wider GW2 community and contribute to it as well as be a prime guild on our chosen server.

OP has been expanded with more detailed info on TS3 and setting it up GW2 style. It's basically what we are going with at this point barring any catastrophic cascade failures over the BWE which seems very unlikely.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Keep us in the loop on this thing though. I'm curious to see what the discussion is about.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
    Keep us in the loop on this thing though. I'm curious to see what the discussion is about.

Small-council.png

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Huggles wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I just saw huggles username for gw2.

shit is so money.

Slabs Of Ham! Celery And Horseradish! Tons Of Asparagus!
    So zetta slow.

Some Old Horses Can Always Hear Their Owners Approach.
    Hewn wrote: »

For me its every person I know without a job has time to use pinterest.

My wife has been all about that shit for the longest time. Well before it was cool. And works full time too.

She knew it was becoming a "thing" when she started seeing scam type adverts on there.

Kai_San on
    Thanks for the confidence.

I'll post some more information on the meetup as well as sign up and stuff tomorrow. I'll keep everyone informed and involved as it moves forward.

• Basren DragonsnackBasren Dragonsnack Registered User regular
    This sounds really interesting. I'm really curious to see what kind of discussions come out of it.

PSN: Scotty85
  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Thanks for the confidence.

I'll post some more information on the meetup as well as sign up and stuff tomorrow. I'll keep everyone informed and involved as it moves forward.
    That's awesome stuff, love Community involvement like this. Plz link us to podcast or whatever when its done!

• Lux782Lux782 Registered User regular
    Super excited...

Super excited...

I want to play! Is it Friday yet?

• warder808warder808 Registered User regular

gfrOs.jpg

WTF is this an image from, what is this guy talking about? That guy is fucking hysterical looking.

steam_sig.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    warder808 wrote: »

gfrOs.jpg

WTF is this an image from, what is this guy talking about? That guy is fucking hysterical looking.

Giogrio Tsoukalos.

He's really into aliens.

• am0nam0n Registered User regular
    steejee wrote: »

I had no fucking idea what Pinterest was till a few months ago and suddenly I see it mentioned constantly. It really seems like one of those flash in the pan products (or products that seem like they should just be a sourceforge JS snippet) whose business model just reads 'Get bought by someone'.

It reminds me of Twitter. And we all know how THAT ended...

• LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular
    Right now you can login at http://account.guildwars2.com and there's an option for downloading the client, only it's not available yet.

SOON.

SpaceGarSig.png
  • NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    LordOfMeep wrote: »
    Right now you can login at http://account.guildwars2.com and there's an option for downloading the client, only it's not available yet.

SOON.

I was coming on to ask about whether or not there was a client download yet. Thanks for being in my head.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I like the security page. Nice touch.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    captaink wrote: »
    warder808 wrote: »

gfrOs.jpg

Giogrio Tsoukalos.

He's really into aliens.

He's a Centauri from Babylon 5

ancient-aliens-expert-giorgio-tsoukalos.jpg

override367 on
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Updated the theme pack in teamspeak server. To include more awesome. Which by that I mean, I am awesome. And this post is awesome.
    logan-ts.png
    rytlock.png
    eir-ts.png

Are there any good high res GW2 screenshots out there? I'm curious of its texture quality

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Of its texture quality in beta o_o?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Thanks Enig that's exactly what I was looking for. A friend wanted to look at it and I didn't want to use Arenanet pictures (They look actually less good than these, but that's because Arenanet is an honest company, most arent)

• BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Hey, we can finally get past the TOS page and go to a blank GW2 forums.

Blank as in everything is hidden from us including How to use these forums. Forum etiquette, and Frequently Asked Questions.

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • RednazRednaz Registered User regular
    Buraisu wrote: »
    Hey, we can finally get past the TOS page and go to a blank GW2 forums.

Blank as in everything is hidden from us including How to use these forums. Forum etiquette, and Frequently Asked Questions.

Wait, you need to understand how to use a placeholder?

Steam: The_Zeta
    LOL NA: Rednaz
    Currently Playing: Dark Forces
    edited April 2012
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Buraisu wrote: »
    We should be Wuvwuving together; the guild with the most participating members will have the option of claiming the towers, keeps, and the castle. It will also display our Guild Banner and any upgrades we have under Art of War. :D

Thus, some organization is required.

This already exists with the Tactician stuff; the purchasable item that lets you form squads etc.

If anything, you want the leader of a guild to be level-headed to help all the people out. You want your tactician to be a ruthless bastard that understands things words like maneuver, flanking, battle ready magic powered suit of stone, charr. You know, important shit.
    I could fill the job of Tactician quiet nicely. My main character for the up coming weekend will be a Charr Warrior with a Commander based build. Banners and/or shouts depending on weapon selection. Shouts for range and banners for close-range combat.

Plus, I am a ruthless tactical bastard in real life. My primary gaming genre is turn-based strategy followed by real-time, and then strategy based board games. Though, my specialty is long-term strategy, big picture, macro-management.

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • spamfajitasspamfajitas Lurker Extraordinaire USARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Word from the SA forum is that the previous client is now updating for the upcoming beta. The link for those who want it is:reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/s8f8p/looks_like_someone_goofed_prepurchasers_have/

It works, as far as I can tell.

Edit: vvv that link is better

spamfajitas on
    edited April 2012
    Word from the SA forum is that the previous client is now updating for the upcoming beta. The link for those who want it is:reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/s8f8p/looks_like_someone_goofed_prepurchasers_have/

It works, as far as I can tell.
    I went to the main directory http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com and stuff happen. (Access Denied unless you Google Search address)

2emzord.png

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Damn even the client window is pretty as shit.

Downloading it now as well, I can't afford to wait around really. 3 days from now will be the DAY we can get on, the thing needs to be announced already.

Kai_San on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    That is a pretty damn pretty launcher.

• vhzodvhzod Registered User regular
    I just wanted to indicate that I've pre-purchased and I'll definitely be betaing this weekend. I'll also be working for 10 hours a day on Friday and Saturday so I won't be able to play much but I thought I might indicate my interest. Any news on if Asura or Sylvari will be playable this weekend?

vhzod wrote: »
    I just wanted to indicate that I've pre-purchased and I'll definitely be betaing this weekend. I'll also be working for 10 hours a day on Friday and Saturday so I won't be able to play much but I thought I might indicate my interest. Any news on if Asura or Sylvari will be playable this weekend?

They will not be available for this BWE, no.

Sorry.

This discussion has been closed.