As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]nequa don't live here no mo'

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Doctor doubled my hormone dose today.

• NicNic Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I agree with you there, Pierce, but it's pretty small for me as well.

One thing I meant to say on the topic of Miyazaki films, not to dredge the topic back up, was that his stories are very organic. Stuff happens, and it happens in unexpected ways. Some people criticize his movies for lacking structure, but I think he just operates outside of most peoples' expectations, and that's what I like best about his films.

Edit: Yeah, actually I would probably buy that action figure too if I had the disposable income for it, kochikens. Talk about detail.

Nic on
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular

How long have you been prepping for transition?

• MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Mustang wrote: »
    I really don't like the term Silly Goose, it lacks the impact and panache of Cock Gobbling Thundercunt.

You are, of course, aware of the Glorious Edict?

edited April 2012
    Like six weeks now, if you just mean hormones.

Otherwise, months. Years. Decades (not to put too fine a point on it).

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • wahaywahay Your Handicapped Hero Cincinnati, USARegistered User regular
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    I know it's an insult to the trade, but I would do free art for celebrities I like or people who could offer legitimate promotional value. But generally those people are the first who just want a clean transaction and offer money.

Rappers get at me about how I'll blow up after working for them because of their huge fanbase, then I check and they have like 1/10th of my Twitter follower count. I know that's not a definitive measure, but not a good sign either.

I got a lot of publicity for doing art on a relatively big indie hip-hop label, but the artist wouldn't even send me a hardcopy of the packaging. What a dick. :(

Also, to the best of my knowledge, nothing came out of it yet, concerning advertising.

"Sorry ladies, I give my everything to Sallie Mae."
    My Artist Corner Thread • Everywhere I Post
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »
    I really don't like the term Silly Goose, it lacks the impact and panache of Cock Gobbling Thundercunt.

You are, of course, aware of the Glorious Edict?

Yes, but there was nothing in the Edict about liking said Edict, merely the adherence to it.

So what's the plan? Are you commited to the full process as quickly as possible, or are you just going to ease into it.

Well, they had planed to increase the dosage anyhow.

As far as my goals, as long as I can continue quickly, safely, and within my means financially, I'm good.

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Nic wrote: »
    I agree with you there, Pierce, but it's pretty small for me as well.
    Oh yeah, totally small for me as well. I'll probably forget all about it during the movie. But since all I have right now is pictures, I get nit-picky.

steam_sig.png
  • ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ungh......I've got a major craving for horrible foods packed with sodium and other delicious things that kick your heart in the balls.

mmmm korean ramen... and udon... mmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No seriously... 360% your daily value in sodium... per serving...

2 SERVERINGS PER PACKAGE...

ninjai on
    Ungh......I've got a major craving for horrible foods packed with sodium and other delicious things that kick your heart in the balls.

wow lolwut

Okay that's weird. Did you quote my post and then travel back in time to post it?

edited April 2012
    Ok, so it happened twice in a row. I posted lolwut after reading that. ....

I... I think.... that....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO1TScQwu6g

ninjai on
    edited April 2012
    You're like the internet ashton kutcher from that movie about that butterfly.

Well I'm glad I didn't go down the deep fried cream filled fudge and chocolate donut route, because this tandoori chicken salad is fucking awesome.

Mustang on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    Got a root canal today.

I wish I had thought to make sure I had ice in my ice trays before now. :(

I'm dreading the day I have root canal, my teeth are like cheese vs drill bit when it comes to decay, it will have to happen one day.

• TamTam Registered User regular
    they're going to rip out all your teeth, screw little metal nubs into your jaw and cap those with fake teeth

Is getting a full on Terminator-style titanium jaw and teeth not an option yet?

nope

Tam wrote: »
    nope

THEN I GUESS IT'S YOUR DUTY TO MAKE DENTISTRY COOL ONCE AGAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER THEN.

Hop to.

Future Bacon.

jaws-teeth-james-bond-prop-replica-9.jpg

nope

THEN I GUESS IT'S YOUR DUTY TO MAKE DENTISTRY COOL ONCE AGAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER THEN.

Hop to.

naw son I ain't doin' that jive no mo'
    don't know what the future holds
    if the past is any guide
    nothing good

nope

Hop to.

naw son I ain't doin' that jive no mo'
    don't know what the future holds
    if the past is any guide
    nothing good

What when did this happen.
    I thought you were all about making dentist money so you could single handedly support your 300000 member extended family.

a while ago
    now I don't really know what I'm gonna do
    also it's a five member family
    but my parents won't really have a sufficient retirement income
    so I gotta step up

• NicNic Registered User regular
    You guys make me brush my teeth with your scary dentist talk.

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    just eat sugar all the time

eventually you will become immune to it

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
    a while ago
    now I don't really know what I'm gonna do
    also it's a five member family
    but my parents won't really have a sufficient retirement income
    so I gotta step up

I suggest becoming a pope.
    Those guys seem to do alright for themselves, and I'm sure if you want to pawn a solid gold chair 12th century chair or some other knick knack lying around the Vatican attic on Craigslist to raise some cash for your parents, nobody's going to give you shit about it. What are they going to do, say you shouldn't be charitable?

man I would, but I feel like this atheism shit is gonna hurt my chances at that sweet sweet golden throne

man I would, but I feel like this atheism shit is gonna hurt my chances at that sweet sweet golden throne

Pfft, if Assassin's Creed 2 has taught me one thing, it's that Leonard Da Vinci was actually kind of irritating. But if it's taught me two things, the second thing is that popes don't need to have any religious conviction whatsoever, just a belief in stupid alien bullshit. I think you could swing that.

And if it's taught me 3 things, it's that popes are really vulnerable to being thrown into walls and then being kicked when they're down, so you might want to use some of those pope-dollars to deck out some of your usual cathedrals with gymnasium-style wall padding and making a clergy-appropriate version of that Project Grizzly suit.

From reading about him, I get the impression that da Vinci was a pretty big d-bag
    Also, I hereby hire you as chief strategist for my papal election campaign

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    AC2 lets you throw popes into walls and then kick them? I think I will have to play this game.

Also, I've had a sore throat for a couple days now. Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with it? So far I've taken pain killers, cough drops, and tea with honey+lemon. The teas/honey/lemon actually helped, but the pain is still there and the relief doesn't last long enough.

EDIT: Ha! I already own AC2 and didn't realize it. I have such a silly steam backlog.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    you have scarlet fever

• r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    designers that inspire you: go!

• MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The only game platform I have is this laptop, and it can barely run AC1 on the lowest settings. I do, however, watch lets plays of things often.

In general the stabbings seem to have gotten progressively better, and the characters progressively more cardboard.

Molybdenum on
    Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    the story and game design of AC1 was rather horrible imo. At least, it would have been an amazing 6-7 hour game. But god was it repetitious and far too long.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    My biggest problem with Assassin's Creed was the number of menus and confirmations you had to go through to load or exit. I forget the process, but I think to quit you had to exit the memory, then wait to get out of the animus, then access the menu, then quit to the main menu, then load your profile, then quit game. Plus "Are you SURE? Yes/No" cropping up throughout.

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
    AC1 made you do the same thing over an over, but it did it with style. It really did set the standard for the third person action game. So in that sense, it was awesome, just really boring after about 4 hours.

• MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Also, I've had a sore throat for a couple days now. Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with it? So far I've taken pain killers, cough drops, and tea with honey+lemon. The teas/honey/lemon actually helped, but the pain is still there and the relief doesn't last long enough.

Well good luck on that because lemon+honey actually irritates an infected throat in the long run. What you're looking for is milk+butter (trust me, it's not disgusting at all, even if it sounds like it).
    Also a mixture of 2 parts thyme, 1 part salvia and 1 part peppermint does wonders.

I was extremely surprised how much of an improvement AC2 was over AC1. This kind of shit almost never happens.

Mayday on
This discussion has been closed.