As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 Anticipation Thread

ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in PAX Archive
Time for general PAX chat! Anyone else anxious??

Remember to see the sticky for FAQ about Prime!

What's everyone looking forward to?
Is there something that you haven't yet done at PAX that you want to do?

I'm just mostly excited for the atmosphere I think. Kind of hard to get specific about certain games, panels, booths etc yet.
Also I'm skipping the Triwizard.....that was...not a great decision lol

3DS: 3325-2059-2105
ptriz21_teamkill on

• sarge1445sarge1445 Registered User regular
    I am just hoping the concerts, giantbomb, and retro game road show are not all at the same time because picking one would kill me

I AM THE VAMPIRE
  • SmashX5000SmashX5000 The Guy Who Draws Things WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I'm really looking forward to it because it's my first PAX. I've been trying to go for years, but this is the first time everything's gonna work out right.

YouTube | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Formspring | Smash Time - My Webcomic
    PAX Prime Preparations - [X] - Fri-Sun Pass [X] - Panel Schedule [X] - Hype [X]
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    If I actually get around to going I'm looking forward to meeting more of the LoadingReadyRun crew.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Also I'm skipping the Triwizard.....that was...not a great decision lol

Train your liver harder! Practice early!

Speaking of Triwizards this year, the only thing I plan to do differently this year is to not walk outside for fresh air and a cigarette, trip, sprain the ever loving shit out of my ankle, and end up throwing up all over the alley next to one of the bars due to the gallon of alcohol in my system not playing well with the horrible shooting pain. If anyone from Slytherin was wondering what the fuck happened to me halfway through the night...well....there you go. Apologies to whoever owns that bar next to the alley I obliterated.

This year I plan on just avoiding that whole "fresh air" thing and just drinking more. It's safer that way and I won't spend the rest of the convention with an ankle that just kept swelling up more and more because fuck doctors and staying off my feet: PAAAAAAAAAAAX.

In retrospect, that weekend was fucking hilarious in a slapstick sort of way.

As far as actual things I wanna do that I haven't done yet? There's really nothing left. At this point I'm just going because it's fun as hell rather than with any specific objective in mind save for getting really drunk Thursday night and playing the Hangover game in the Expo hall the next day (unless...yanno...I just keep drinking, which wouldn't be anything different for me).

This PAX will be more about my ladyfriend then about me though since this will be my fourth PAX and her first. I get to train my apprentice/girlfriend in PAX Fu this year so it'll be like being a new person all over again in a way.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    I'm actually looking forward to trying the Triwizard for the first time this year. Although this will be my fourth or fifth PAX, that'll be a first for me, as will be making it over to WotC's area for some PUG D&D games. In reality, the latter may not happen, simply because BYOC is like a warm, cozy, and slightly sweaty blanket for me, but the former...

The fact that I'm a light-weight who's pretty much done after three beers should make for an interesting night.

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    I need to guarantee that I get an early flight MUCH earlier this year so I can go to the official Pre-PAX Dinner. Got in way too late last year, and didn't know I was gonna be on a super early flight for East this year until way after signups were full.

• istoleyourfoodistoleyourfood Registered User regular
    First PAX, so I'm excited. I'm really hoping for another Halo Fest, although I'm trying to manage those expectations since it was for the 10 year anniversary last time. Other than that, I'm just looking forward to being there (will be my first time in Seattle as well) and experiencing as much as I can the entire weekend.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    shdwcaster wrote: »
    I'm actually looking forward to trying the Triwizard for the first time this year. Although this will be my fourth or fifth PAX, that'll be a first for me, as will be making it over to WotC's area for some PUG D&D games. In reality, the latter may not happen, simply because BYOC is like a warm, cozy, and slightly sweaty blanket for me, but the former...

The fact that I'm a light-weight who's pretty much done after three beers should make for an interesting night.
    Don't worry shdwcaster-san, you have 4 months to train your liver for Beerfest the Triwizard. Once the Triwizard thread launches officially I'll be posting a big ole bunch of tips and hints to ensure a maximum amount of fun and safe alcohol consumption is had by all.

Tip one, don't walk into unlit alleys...:lol:

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • GeekyPrincessGeekyPrincess Registered User regular
    It will be our first trip back to Seattle since moving! Looking forward to seeing some friends, playing some games, listening to some music, and watching my husband sweat while eating spicy ramen at Fu Lin.

Cookie Brigade Prime 2011 and 2012!
    Shipping cookies for Prime 2013
  • ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    I tried preparing for the Triwizard for a week. :( Not enough I guess lol. I distinctly remember my group of 4 collectively agreeing that it was the Irish Car Bombs at our 3rd bar vs Ravenclaw that did us in. But I was the smart one who bought gaterade prior to the morning after.

The problem for me/us was that it was slow at the beginning, huge lines etc. So we bought multiple drinks to compensate..........

Anyway I doubt they will do another Halo Fest. I guess Halo 4 comes out this year so I'm sure there will be a panel.

Looking forward to Mondo Burritos, Magic games between midnight and 2am, and merch shopping.

• peterhuzzajpspeterhuzzajps Registered User regular
    Wife and I want to try and go to more of the talks/events. But I also want to try more table top games and learn that a bit this year. I have been wanting to get into that more but just didn't have much time.. and well I tend to not be very social. Trying to break that habit and have more fun :p

We had a great time last year at PAX Prime and the atmosphere was just awesome. I know the lines were long but it forced me to talk to people and that was one of the best parts. Having fun, talking to people who have a lot of the same interests as you and learning new games and things to do, remembering all that from last year just keeps me excited for this year.

Wife and I want to try and go to more of the talks/events. But I also want to try more table top games and learn that a bit this year.

We always try to learn a game or 2. Last year we learned the PAX board game and Ascension.

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I would really like to focus more time on tabletop games this year. Last year I learned Munchkin and it was a lot of fun.
    It all depends on what my party wants to do. Can't split the party.

IhtGIyi.png
  • AlaendilAlaendil Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    I went last year for the first time and didn't get to enjoy any of the extra curricular activities. This year I'm going to splurge and stay in a downtown hotel to not have to worry about travel back to my buddies house and all the train riding. I get the feeling it'll be an entirely different experience. (Although, if it's any better, I might just explode from the awesomeness, so I'll have to keep an eye on that) :)

• SchmoeSchmoe CanadaRegistered User regular
    PAX East this year was my first every PAX. I really want to go to PAX Prime now. My biggest interest is Halo which I hoped would have a booth at East and there was NOTHING anywhere. Since Halo 4 is coming out this November 6th, is it likely there will be something at Prime? I read somewhere about a 'Halo Fest' - was that a one time special event?

And, does anyone happen to know (or have a good guess) why they wouldn't have done something at PAX East?

• AmbehrAmbehr 3D Animation Student British Columbia, CanadaRegistered User new member
    Last year was my first time so I was pretty much in shock and awe from the moment we drove into Seattle (not to mention first time in the US)! This year, I come as a student that will be graduating from a 3D Generalist school, in hopes of becoming a 3D Animator, and look forward to talking to professionals in the field again!

One thing I'm really looking forward to is going to the Riot Games booth again this year. Last year, even though I had to stand in line for 3 hours to play the new map, Dominion, it was worth it.

• WestrunnerWestrunner Steam's Dirty Little Whore Mojave Desert, NVRegistered User regular
    The stress in my life will decrease 75% once I've secured 1)Tickets 2) a room at the Sheraton and 3) entry into the Tri-Wizard drinking tournament. And then there's ensuring that my roomies also secure lodging and entry...

TWDT12: Gryffindor - OotP TWDT14: Gryffindor - OotP
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Westrunner wrote: »
    The stress in my life will decrease 75% once I've secured 1)Tickets 2) a room at the Sheraton and 3) entry into the Tri-Wizard drinking tournament. And then there's ensuring that my roomies also secure lodging and entry...

I have been checking the website every chance I can get just in case the hotel registration went up. The Thursday & Sunday rooms go fast in the good hotels.
    How do they expect me to get any work done with the knowledge that if I'm not refreshing the website it could go up without me knowing? The paranoia just increases the closer we get to the end of the month.

IhtGIyi.png
    Schmoe wrote: »
    PAX East this year was my first every PAX. I really want to go to PAX Prime now. My biggest interest is Halo which I hoped would have a booth at East and there was NOTHING anywhere. Since Halo 4 is coming out this November 6th, is it likely there will be something at Prime? I read somewhere about a 'Halo Fest' - was that a one time special event?

And, does anyone happen to know (or have a good guess) why they wouldn't have done something at PAX East?

Halo Fest was set up because it was the 10 year anniversary of the Halo Universe. I'd be surprised if they do it again. Bungie/343 are always there with booths and panels however, and I'm sure something Halo 4 related will be there.

I'm not sure why it didn't go to East. Could be a space issue? But maybe also because the actual anniversary was in the fall?

• sarge1445sarge1445 Registered User regular
    Schmoe wrote: »

Halo Fest was set up because it was the 10 year anniversary of the Halo Universe. I'd be surprised if they do it again. Bungie/343 are always there with booths and panels however, and I'm sure something Halo 4 related will be there.

I'm not sure why it didn't go to East. Could be a space issue? But maybe also because the actual anniversary was in the fall?
    another halo fest would be great last year was my first pax and im a huge halo fan so i was super hyped. that said really hoping that giantbomb retro game roadshow and the paul and storm concert dont over lap at all

I AM THE VAMPIRE