As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]y Back

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    wow the legend of korra thread is a very, very sad place

I think there's a sign at the entrance of the thread that says "must be an obese, sweaty mouthbreather to enter"

As a fat, sweaty, mouthbreather, I take offense to that.

I don't argue that much in that thread, and i, too, think most of the arguments are dumb.

nah you're not the right kind of fat, sweaty mouthbreather if you think any of those arguments are dumb

that makes you too intelligent

you need more cheeto stains and a terrible sense of personal hygiene if you really want to fit in there

As far as neckbeards go, Zombiemambo thinks 21st is 'one of the good ones'.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Disregard.... A post? I dont understand

oh hai eddy

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    They will need programmers to support their fleet MentalExercise.

Yeah, kinda regretting not pursuing my cognitive sciences minor now but I'm kinda tempted to apply. Not that I think it'd happen, but I think it'd be pretty cool.

Also I could leave behind FL for civilization.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

This.

Talking long term, they will need every manner of profession to support where this is going. From programmers to engineers to biologists to logistics to medical staff.

The endgame of this "enterprise" (lol) is developing a point-to-point functioning assembly line that needs support from all aspects of life.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Neckbeards exist and should be burned on sight. The guy sitting across from me for the player meeting at the big magic tournament in Lincoln had one and just kept going on and on about "sluts". He was obese, had a neckbeard, breathed through his mouth and had a stain on his shirt.

Yep. I thought I was seeing a unicorn too.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Ugh, the fact that Ann Romney believes living off one's stock portfolio is "struggling" is a little disgusting.

Ann Romney is disgusting. Full stop.

Stop your Lie-beral war on stay-at-home moms, Matt.

Seriously, these people should be guillotined. Full-on French revolution style revolt.

Please don't call for someone's death unless they are at least as disgusting and objectionable as, say, Rick Santorum. Otherwise it dilutes the condemnation.

Rick Santorum is harmless. He's so overt about the disease inside of him he'll never actually achieve what he wants, he's simply too repugnant to appeal to enough people at one time. The Romneys on the other hand are two faced opportunists, with the power and wealth to smooth talk their way into just about anything. They have no allegiance to anything aside from more money and power, and thus can change positions whenever necessary. They'll betray any person or cause simply to win. They're far worse than Santorum will ever be.

They like money and power and they will do anything to get it. Even if that thing is implementing a universal healthcare system or taking up more moderate stances on issues. Greed isn't the worst thing in the world.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Zombiemambo is a neckbeardphobe

a neckist

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    my garbage fellows will take anything that's down there up to and including large furniture and small children

Elendil wrote: »
    my garbage fellows will take anything that's down there up to and including large furniture and small children

are the children alive or dead when you put them out there

I'm going to get drunk after work because a friend needs me (I take one for the team) then play LoL. SKIPPY ARE YOU RECOVERED.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

I think there's a sign at the entrance of the thread that says "must be an obese, sweaty mouthbreather to enter"

I don't argue that much in that thread, and i, too, think most of the arguments are dumb.

nah you're not the right kind of fat, sweaty mouthbreather if you think any of those arguments are dumb

you need more cheeto stains and a terrible sense of personal hygiene if you really want to fit in there

This is a good post.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    They like money and power and they will do anything to get it. Even if that thing is implementing a universal healthcare system or taking up more moderate stances on issues. Greed isn't the worst thing in the world.

Implementing a statewide healthcare system then turning around and stabbing the same plan in the back when it's applied nationally, calling it wasteful and unconstitutional, literally campaigning on the issue of making sure it's overturned, while simultaneously trumpeting the success of the original plan. At least when Santorum uses the n-word or says gays are less than human, you know where he stands, no matter how objectionable it may be.

nibXTE7.png

i'm not sure

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

I resent that, i recently shaved off my neckbeard. I'm getting a new beginning sans facial hair.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular

That's my point. i think your comment is offensive because you're acting like being sweaty and a mouthbreather is my choice and somehow related to bad arguments.

i have problems with my nose, man. i don't choose to breathe through my mouth, you know!
    I don't literally mean those physical characteristics

I am sorry if I offended you, I am not doing well with speaking today
    Stop apologizing to sweaty mouthbreathers, Zombie. You're better than them.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

You guys live in magical fairylands

It's amazing

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Plus it may come to a point that any one involved in the project might qualify for astronaut/publicnaut status of some variety. Imagine trying to rewrite code while in orbit around 4 Vesta. Weeeeeeee.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

I bet alive, mostly. It's like the circus. That's how they get new garbage men.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

:lol: :^:

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

Something bulletproof. Hmm.

Logo

scooting all the turtles around

That was my immediate thought too. High fives.

• MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

This.

Talking long term, they will need every manner of profession to support where this is going. From programmers to engineers to biologists to logistics to medical staff.

The endgame of this "enterprise" (lol) is developing a point-to-point functioning assembly line that needs support from all aspects of life.

I wonder what kind of programming they'd use. Something bulletproof. Hmm.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    chasing people down for bill money is just the worst. god i hate everything today.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I'm going to get drunk after work because a friend needs me (I take one for the team) then play LoL. SKIPPY ARE YOU RECOVERED.

yes I feel better today but I am going to tour the hospital tonight

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    neckbeard1.jpg

DEAR GOD.

emnmnme on
    Organichu wrote: »
    chasing people down for bill money is just the worst. god i hate everything today.
    tell Bill Money to go to hell

go into business for yourself

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Thanatos wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Ugh, the fact that Ann Romney believes living off one's stock portfolio is "struggling" is a little disgusting.
    Where is this from?

Here: link (the story is well sourced, and was from a 1994 interview with Ann Romney):

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

This.

Considering google is on board, they may invest in development of a low level, system on a chip version of their linux kernel. Or build something from scratch for it.

I doubt they are doing ASM nowadays. Just a series of redundant machines running C code with no garbage collection, where every bit of memory is being micromanaged.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    tell Bill Money to go to hell

go into business for yourself

in this economy,

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    as an economy,

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

This.

Definitely COBOLT then.

Something about the "as a ______" meme bothers me, and I'm not sure what.

I'm going to ponder this while I obtain food.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    neckbeard1.jpg

DEAR GOD.

Hey buddy you got something right there... no, little to the left... little more...

nibXTE7.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Man, I am not good enough to photoshop his hair and beard reversed...

upponedvand.jpeg

edited April 2012

This.

Considering google is on board, they may invest in development of a low level, system on a chip version of their linux kernel. Or build something from scratch for it.

I doubt they are doing ASM nowadays. Just a series of redundant machines running C code with no garbage collection, where every bit of memory is being micromanaged.

If I know google... it probably involves some compiled python of some variety.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    neckbeard1.jpg

DEAR GOD.

Man, I am not good enough to photoshop his hair and beard reversed...

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Feral wrote: »

as a bothered hungry person,

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

Because it's dismissive of unique and relevant first-hand experience?

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

As a blank meme,

I can't believe there are people who think the government should decentralize currency.

This discussion has been closed.