As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Matrias wrote: »
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    So I had someone (*cough*DocSamson*cough*) drop out of my tournament this weekend. If there are any other 40k players in the Toronto area that want to come play, sign up now!

http://shiftedmatrix.com/astronomi-mini-con-40k-tournament/
    I was actually thinking, "I could take a quick trip to Toronto over the weekend..."

It'd be pretty irresponsible of me, but I've never been to another Canadian province before...

On one hand, I would love for you to come. On the other... based off how expensive it is to fly to Edmonton from Toronto I can't say it would be worth the trip from BC :P

Sharp101 on
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    Well, If I made the trip I'd make a point to do OTHER things aside playing with army men.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    I just realized the thunderfire is more expensive than the forgeworld rapier that includes 2 crewmen. Something's wrong with that.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    Fuck that. Get Venomborn support instead.

Or a Razorwing.

Got a Razorwing awaiting assembly, and a buddy borrowed me two Eldar whatsitcalled again, their sorta-Venom thing, that I can proxy for Venoms.

Their Jetbikes.

:( Yeah. Jetbikes. What Crafties call a Jetbike, we call a 5 man clowncar.

makosig.jpg
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Well, If I made the trip I'd make a point to do OTHER things aside playing with army men.

Well let me know if you wanna hit up the Hockey Hall of Fame, I haven't been since I was 12.

• skarsolskarsol Registered User regular

Or a Razorwing.

Got a Razorwing awaiting assembly, and a buddy borrowed me two Eldar whatsitcalled again, their sorta-Venom thing, that I can proxy for Venoms.

Their Jetbikes.

He likely means Vypers. :)

why are you smelling it?
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Vypers, yeah.

• OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    skarsol wrote: »

Or a Razorwing.

Their Jetbikes.

He likely means Vypers. :)

(They're Jetbikes.)

makosig.jpg
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    Tyranid players are my favorite. Imagine the noise this would make:

pc4_2.png

SPLUT

E26cO.jpg
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Anyone who might want to play Exterminatus, feel free to add me/chat me on Steam and we'll start a game.

Steam

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular

There are other things?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Me & Anon are about to stomp some mudholes in the false emperor's lackeys.

Hit either of us up on the steams. My tag is same as my forum one.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

There are other things?
    The Bluejays. And a bit further out, the Senators.

And then nothing else.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
    Yeah, Steam connection hiccup...That was a bad ass game too...

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Welp my steam connection decided to poop out. I'm gonna go paint Space Marines.

• NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    DAMN YOU, STEEEAM

Oh, it came back as I was typing that

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Well Im glad im not the only one who had steam shit the bed. Oh well fun while it lasted, although I couldnt join the chat for some reason.

steam_sig.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Huh. Things I haven't noticed before: Venoms get built-in Flickerfields.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular

There are other things?
    The Bluejays. And a bit further out, the Senators.

And then nothing else.

It's the Braves for me. Baseball and autoracing are the only sports I understand. And then not NASCAR. Soooo boring.

I'm putting together some bikes tonight. Oooo, and my terminators I'll do them first.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Huh. Things I haven't noticed before: Venoms get built-in Flickerfields.

That they do. The Corsair version doesn't(!), but gets some kickass weaponry instead.

Comparing the two models, I'm still amused by the fact that the Venom's marginally bigger than a Vyper Jetbike, yet it can somehow cram in five people plus the pilot and gunner.

makosig.jpg
  • AsherAsher Registered User regular
    So My friend Craig, who some of you may remember as that overly talented Mousemuffins jerk has started working for a Terrain company called CNC, mostly because, well, see below:
    PC280003.jpg

Check out the whole threat of things HERE.

He's got some big plans for the future:
    TB1g.jpg

Also, I feel like having a big argument discussion about the nature of "Competitive" gaming. Anyone up for it?

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
    Humans are competitive by nature, and will make a big deal about anything.

makosig.jpg
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    True, humans are competitive by nature. I just think that people bragging about how random chance is totally on their side the mostest doesn't really fit with the nature of this hobby.

Neither does making a competitive thing out of a party brawler like Smash Bros, either. But... people will find a way.

makosig.jpg
  • AsherAsher Registered User regular
    The big problem I have with competitive gaming is what Competitive has come to mean. If you aren't building a stupidly hard army using one of the most powerful books, then you aren't being competitive. Then there's the crowd which seems to think that if you aren't being "Competitive" then you are "doing it wrong". Also the fact that those same people tend to consider writing an army list to be the most important part of the game and that spamming the most powerful option is just the done thing.

It's resulted in a pretty ugly meta as far as I can tell where only a few codexes are considered "competitive". Didn't Adepticon get something like 35% grey knights on no Tyranids?

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
    Man, playing Space Marine was a bad idea. Now all I want to do is make a thousand point detachment of Legion of the Damned. Perhaps have it be out of the BT codex so it lines up and can be used in apoc...

Competition isn't really what this hobby is about and I think GW and I agree on this.

Unless it's a painting competition.

Sad thing is, the scene here (San Diego) tends to set the bar pretty high, so it's hard to just play with whatever you want. :/

makosig.jpg
  • CounterspinCounterspin Registered User regular
    GW's disinterest in the mechanical side of the game has created the crummy situation we find ourselves in. By allowing units and armies to devolve to uselessness they narrow the range of what makes an army that is fun to play. That's not to say that winning is everything, but it is something. Each person has there own threshold of what makes a "bad" unit, but everyone has one. I've no interest in playing an army that gets pasted in the face all the time. That severely restricts my options these days.

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    So the insides of my Land Raider are done. Time to start gluing it all together.
    I am not a great painter, but I'm still pretty proud of it.

LR%2520Inside%25201.jpg

LR%2520Inside%25202.jpg

LR%2520Inside%25203.jpg

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    Man, playing Space Marine was a bad idea. Now all I want to do is make a thousand point detachment of Legion of the Damned. Perhaps have it be out of the BT codex so it lines up and can be used in apoc...

O_O

I need to finish Space Marine!

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Ken O, those LR guts look awesome and you should be proud.

• SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    Competition isn't really what this hobby is about and I think GW and I agree on this.

Unless it's a painting competition.

This is a bullshit argument because the hobby isn't about any one thing. If they'd pull their heads out of their asses then the hobby could be about every aspect of the game instead of everything other than the actual game.

• PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    mugginns wrote: »
    Tyranid players are my favorite. Imagine the noise this would make:

pc4_2.png

SPLUT
    Did you make if so TEACH ME!!!

I didn't, but it doesn't look too hard to do. Dark green basecoat on the gant then bright green highlight, add some stuff to the base.

E26cO.jpg
    If game uses ruler, it must be used to measure dicks.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Is it like that the gaunt being birthed?

edited April 2012
    Yeah that is a gant being birthed from a tervigon. The miracle of life.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • CounterspinCounterspin Registered User regular
    Bad rules are bad rules, regardless of who uses them. Spending several hundred dollars on an army that has sucked for years will drive people all along the competitive spectrum away once they realize what has happened to them. It rains on the competitive and the uncompetitive alike, and the rain, in this case GW's rules, are urine.

• SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Again, bullshit. People who play the game casually get way more fucked by GWs terrible rules than people who play the game competitively. Enough with your red herring crap.

SJ on
This discussion has been closed.