As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NYC/NJ] hangout thread: so, what are you doing this weekend?

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Alyce and I live up near Newburgh, so if there are any gatherings in the area make sure to let us know. We're much more likely to hang out on the weekends if we don't have an hour and a half drive to look forward to.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Alyce and I live up near Newburgh, so if there are any gatherings in the area make sure to let us know. We're much more likely to hang out on the weekends if we don't have an hour and a half drive to look forward to.
    That's 2 hours away from where I'll be living! not too bad

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    :(

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    You mooks should just accept that the four boroughs are the best place and either move or visit.

• Options
    I'll make it worth your while and you can sleep over? XD

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Is there a secret garden pool and an amazing diner?

• Options
    Board game night, a bed to sleep in , alcohols
    Maybe bowling or strolling through the town? XD

• Options
    LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    Are we doing this Alternity game on Sunday!???? Probably not, right?

3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Would anyone like to do board games in JC this sunday

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Litejedi wrote: »
    Are we doing this Alternity game on Sunday!???? Probably not, right?

Oh HELL no. I won't be running this game for at least a month and a half from now.

I want people's character concepts so I can make an "episode" for each character, that thematically ties into the main plot.

I am totes running this game like a season of television. A concluded plot every night, a few nods to something bigger... then a season finale where the megaplot rears its many festering heads and eyestalks.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I could do this sunday

• Options
    weee 2ish again?

• Options
    Eddy contracted severe Beastious at the last moment

Ancient one was dispatched again thanks to synds magic shotgun powers

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    :bz
    THE GREAT JERSEY CITY/NYC MARVEL MARATHON
    In which we watch every single Marvel Studios Movie in order, before going to See The Avengers on the Big Screen, in celebration of Kickass movies AND Tape's birthday

Place: Fort Kickass, aka synd and nexus's abode
    Date: HOPING for Saturday the 5th of May, but @tapeslinger needs to see if she can have that day off.
    Time: This will be literally Ten Hours long, AND a trip to the theater. So we are gonna have to start the films early, like 9:30am so that we can make it to the theater before 9pm to see the Avengers.

9:30am
    Iron Man

11:45am
    Incredible Hulk

1:45pm
    Iron Man 2

4:00pm
    Thor

6:00pm
    Captain America

This wraps up around 8:00pm, giving us ample time to make it to our local theater, which absolutely will be airing a 9-10:00pm-ish showing of the film.

This will be an epic display of geekdom. We will order pizzas, have alcohol and other fun stuff on tap, and are going to make this a day of fun and nerdish revelry.

We are now less than three weeks away, some people are coming from out of state for this... I want to start planning a bit better.

We will be doing signature cocktails for each movie, with general drinking throughout the day. Also, we have lots of delivery options, so everyone will be able to get something they want. Food won't be an issue.

Just need to get a handle on how many people plan to attend, so we can get the start of our booze planning going.

Also, we may need to bulk-buy our tickets for the avengers in advance, and collect money from the people who show up to guarantee we all get in.

So, initial head count?

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    assuming i can crash i will be there. i might bring my own snacks though in the spirit of being poor.

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    assuming i can crash i will be there. i might bring my own snacks though in the spirit of being poor.

There is a 6.95 lunch special at our chinese place that gets you soup, food and fried rice. It's easily two meals, especially if you stretch it with cheap snacks.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    most excellent. should i endeavor to arrive friday night or way early saturday?

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    most excellent. should i endeavor to arrive friday night or way early saturday?

nexus will need to chime in, but I am sure there will be floor / couch space for you on Friday night

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    I'll be there, but my apartment is supposedly having a Quatro de Mayo party the day before, so I might not make it for the earlier movies (which is a shame, because Iron Man is the best of the bunch...). But definitely count on me showing up!

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Litejedi and I are a definite *maybe*
    Our son has come down with a severe case of not-doing-jack-all-for-school. The only cure is physically watching him do his work.
    Hopefully he gets enough work done that we can do our own thing for a day when May comes around. I would love to go.

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    are you indeed doing the fifth of may?

if so I could join yall earlier and then leave around 5-6. i have a birthday dinner for the boy

• Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    I'm planning to come, probably more like noon-ish though.

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Litejedi and I are a definite *maybe*
    Our son has come down with a severe case of not-doing-jack-all-for-school. The only cure is physically watching him do his work.
    Hopefully he gets enough work done that we can do our own thing for a day when May comes around. I would love to go.
    Do you need me to punch him into shape? *kisses his fists*
    I dont get violently ill when there is the possibility of punches.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    I could never condone physical violence on a public message board.
    nope.
    hitting is so v. bad.

• Options

if so I could join yall earlier and then leave around 5-6. i have a birthday dinner for the boy
    It is the 5th of May.

Shame you will miss the avengers, but still plenty of good times before then.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I'll definitely be there but I'm not exactly sure when as of yet. I know I won't be there from about 5 to 7 and my going to The Avengers itself depends on what time we see it but it's probably the movie I most want to see so I'm hoping to go.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Hi!

This summer, I planned on hosting gettogethers on the weekends in Saratoga Springs, NY for board games, movies, and perhaps some strolls downtown. I can offer a place to stay if you aren't local. If interested, PM me your Facebook info so I can add you to my Facebook Group! That way you are in on the scoop of things as it gets organized!

Also, I'd like to point out just how excited I am for the Avengers movie to come out! I hope you guys have a blast, I will be watching it when it premiers locally.

• Options

You should bring the boy! Nothing says "romantic birthday" quite like watching hours of superhero movies with a bunch of nerds!

• Options
    Oh hey so, quick question you guys, since the movie marathon is next weekend and all: are you fine folks of Fort Kickass and the immediate area ( @nexuscrawler @tapeslinger @syndalis ) picking up a bunch of tickets for the Avengers show and we can pay you back, or should we all go ahead and buy tickets in advance now? If the latter, what's the name of your local theater?

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    no puedo, have a cinco de mayo bbq/party that afternoon

man i'm such an asshole though i need to visit jersey soon what a cunt i am

poo
  • Options
    TomeWyrm wrote: »
    Oh hey so, quick question you guys, since the movie marathon is next weekend and all: are you fine folks of Fort Kickass and the immediate area ( @nexuscrawler @tapeslinger @syndalis ) picking up a bunch of tickets for the Avengers show and we can pay you back, or should we all go ahead and buy tickets in advance now? If the latter, what's the name of your local theater?
    I don't mind doing a bulk buy... thats why I was trying to get a head count last week.

Still don't really have one yet.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    no puedo, have a cinco de mayo bbq/party that afternoon

man i'm such an asshole though i need to visit jersey soon what a cunt i am

We meees you Shaz! I am sure we will have other things soon

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Also yes, we need a head count for MIGHTY MARVEL MOVIE MAYHEM MARATHON

please rsvp asap specifically if you are coming along with us for AVENGERS -- unless syndalis says it needs to be sooner, I'm going to say we need to know by Thursday this week for group tickets so we can buy by Friday...

Thanks gang!

• Options
    Consider this my official rsvp for Avengers!

• Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    TomeWyrm wrote: »
    Consider this my official rsvp for Avengers!

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

please rsvp asap specifically if you are coming along with us for AVENGERS -- unless syndalis says it needs to be sooner, I'm going to say we need to know by Thursday this week for group tickets so we can buy by Friday...

Thanks gang!

ok, I'm free and clear on the 5th and would like to come.

so long as there is space on the floor somewhere if the need arises

also, I promise no headbutting.

• Options
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Thanks gang!

ok, I'm free and clear on the 5th and would like to come.

so long as there is space on the floor somewhere if the need arises

also, I promise no headbutting.
    Yay Duna tuna!

Also we won't be taking public transportation for this event, I think we are safe!

• Options
    So far I have :
    Tomewyrm
    riz
    Dunadan
    Organichu
    plus the three of us here at Fort Kickass (the Order of the Triad?)

anyone else?

Also also, I mixed up my weekends and I thought D20 burlesque was last weekend when I was broke as a joke but it turns out it is this Saturday. I am a little indifferent since this month's theme is the Whedonverse but I might go if there is interest.

So basically:
    :bz Saturday d20 burlesque 9pm maybe
    :bz Sunday maybe boardgames
    :bz next weekend is MIGHTY MARVEL MOVIE MAYHEM MARATHON MADNESS thing

and plus also CONGA RATS to Deebaser and Ras this weekend!! :D

(imagine a line of rats doing a conga when you are just about ready to strangle someone this weekend, Deebaser)

• Options
    Put LJ and me down for Marvel tickets. Still up in the air about whether we'll be there the whole day or not.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    FUCK THIS NON-HETERONORMATIVE PATRIARCHSPHERE!

conga+rats.gif

ahhhhh.....nvm

Deebaser on