As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat]!

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    My only complaint about those moneys is that all of the people are modern, as in they all died after 1950.

Feel like at least one more historic figure could have been added instead of like Bergman or someone.

Yeah, a historic Swede like Henrik Ibsen or Linus Torvalds or Bjork

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    the 100 dollar bill should be a landscape of Janet Reno's thighs

Rest of the world wonders what moon craters are doing on it.
    expecting an arrested development reference soon

That would be pretty ballsy of someone.

My only complaint about those moneys is that all of the people are modern, as in they all died after 1950.

Feel like at least one more historic figure could have been added instead of like Bergman or someone.

I want money with DINOSAURS ON IT.

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I like Zimbabwe money. It's just a picture of a bunch of rocks.

image002.jpg

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    I didn't recognise Lindgren, although I should have. For some reason Pippy Longstocking was stupidly popular when I was growing up. Who wouldn't want to live by oneself, have a bit of money, be the child of a sea captain and solve mysteries?

Yeah, but me and Pippi Longstocking? What would the children look like?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

you want planets on yours

so sad when the $10 gets discontinued

thanks pluto

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Who are the people on each denomination?

I'll just cut'n'paste:
    20 kronor
    Astrid Lindgren
    Småland

200 kronor
    Ingmar Bergman
    Gotland

50 kronor
    Evert Taube
    Bohuslän

500 kronor
    Birgit Nilsson
    Skåne

100 kronor
    Greta Garbo
    Stockholm

1000 kronor
    Dag Hammarskjöld
    Lappland

Honestly, Astrid Lindgren and Ingmar Bergman were the only ones I instantly recognized, and Greta Garbo after peering at her a bit.

Evert Taube was a well-known troubadour,Birgit Nilsson was an internationally known opera singer, and Dag Hammarsköld was a diplomat and the second secretary-general of the UN.

I didn't recognise Lindgren, although I should have. For some reason Pippy Longstocking was stupidly popular when I was growing up. Who wouldn't want to live by oneself, have a bit of money, be the child of a sea captain and solve mysteries?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I got word today I'm approved to adopt that cat. I'm meeting her tomorrow and I'm hoping I can pick her up next week.

image002.jpg

Yeah, but the rocks were President so it's really not that different from us.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    makin it rain jupiters at the strip club

uranus for a lapdance

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I got word today I'm approved to adopt that cat. I'm meeting her tomorrow and I'm hoping I can pick her up next week.

Grats! Pictures required!

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    zimbabwe's money system is awesome

919UOwT.png
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

image002.jpg

the cow in the lower right looks like it took a shit

tyrannus on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

pictures?!

Is that a cow? I don't see the cow. All I see is dookie.

edited April 2012
    In December 2008, inflation was estimated at 6.5 quindecillion novemdecillion percent (that's 6.5 x 10^108 % which is 65 followed by 107 zeros).[3]

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    Oh now I see the cow

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    also I am such a nerd but when I see those X's in that bill I just want to try and close them

hahaha, that cow totally pooped on the money

Gooey wrote: »

I bought $500,000,000,000,000 for $5 USD just so I can tell people I'm a trillionaire.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    also I am such a nerd but when I see those X's in that bill I just want to try and close them

Goddamn popups in my money

Goddamn poop-ups in my money

edited April 2012
    The software in question, ViewNow, is developed by the UK company Micro Focus. While the company licensed its software to the police in the past, it discovered nearly two years ago the police were using thousands of unauthorized copies.

Even worse, the police also shared the software with third parties such as the Ombudsman’s Office, the Department of Correctives Services and the Police Integrity Commission. All without permission from the software company.

In an attempt to get compensated for several years worth of mass piracy, Micro Focus has filed a lawsuit in which it’s demanding more than $10 million in damages. Micro Focus’ managing director Bruce Craig says they saw no other option than to sue, as they can’t go to the police.

“When someone pirates your software you think who am I gonna call, the police? In this case, they’re the pirates.”

sauce

Echo on
    Echo, that is hilarious.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

I bought $500,000,000,000,000 for $5 USD just so I can tell people I'm a trillionaire.

brb, hitting the airport
    coming back a hojillionaire.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    By the 4th century (prior to Diolection), inflation in the Roman empire had got so bad the government would no longer accept money as payment for taxes. By law you had to pay taxes in valuable goods (livestock, grain etc...).

Gold (or in this case, silver) standard herp derp. Once the silver mines in Dacia which Trajan conquered (and which made possible the era of the "five good emperors") ran out the economy kept growing even though the amount of silver available didnt (or at least not nearly as fast). Coin shortages became endemic leading to the dilution of the currency leading to hyperinflation (since people still were stuck on the idea of money = valuable metal).

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    Deebaser wrote: »

brb, hitting the airport
    coming back a hojillionaire.

I got them off ebay.

Looks like they're more expensive now.

Sarksus wrote: »

you want planets on yours

so sad when the $10 gets discontinued

thanks pluto

$9 bill, CAVE MAN.

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Awww, I missed the expensive restaurant talk. My dad took us to Chima on his company's credit card (totally allowed). I think it's pretty expensive and would probably never even be able to afford going to some place like that on my own. It was soooo goood. Especially the bread. I don't know what's up with that.

Mim wrote: »
    Awww, I missed the expensive restaurant talk. My dad took us to Chima on his company's credit card (totally allowed). I think it's pretty expensive and would probably never even be able to afford going to some place like that on my own. It was soooo goood. Especially the bread. I don't know what's up with that.

the answer to "why was it so good" to anything in a resaurant is always butter, lard or salt. Usually all three.

That bread was probably 50% crisco by volume.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    if my math is right (my calculator doesn't go that high) during 2008 if you bought something in zimbabwe the price would double by the next day due to inflation

919UOwT.png
    Mim wrote: »

Yeast, generally.

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Against better judgement I went back into the Trayvon Martin thread

I'm not out to call Zimmerman a cold-blooded (possibly racist) killer, but the pivotal point for me is that Zimmerman followed the kid even after the police told him not to. Even if Martin did attack him, there's a possibility he did it because some crazy white guy was following him.

JKKaAGp.png
    if my math is right (my calculator doesn't go that high) during 2008 if you bought something in zimbabwe the price would double by the next day due to inflation

In Weimar Germany, it became cheaper to burn your money in the winter than to buy firewood.

I'm not out to call Zimmerman a cold-blooded (possibly racist) killer, but the pivotal point for me is that Zimmerman followed the kid even after the police told him not to. Even if Martin did attack him, there's a possibility he did it because some crazy white guy was following him.

I don't know enough to judge either way, but Zimmerman certainly escalated the situation by following him.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I am tempted to change Couscous's avatar to Eeyore.

rRwz9.gif
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Against better judgement I went back into the Trayvon Martin thread

The police didn't tell him not to do anything, the 911 operator said "we don't need you to do that". People need to stop confusing the two.

Lh96QHG.png
    Guild Wars 2 installed.

Now I have to wait until Friday >: (

edited April 2012
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

you should see the level of bullshit Pi-r8 was spewing in that thread.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Yesssss

This discussion has been closed.