As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]nequa don't live here no mo'

• Nineteen HundredNineteen Hundred Registered User regular
    Too bad it stayed so consistent for the next two games. Brotherhood was just an extravagant expansion pack, and I've barely touched Revelations because, again, not a whole lot seems to have changed. Here's hoping AC3 brings something new, because the narrative is far too stupid to support the samey gameplay.

There was something important here. It's gone now.
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    I loaned Assasins Creed to my brother. Then some guys broke into his house and stole his xbox. I hope those guys played AC and died of boredom because that game was terrible!!!

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    I am sad when people complain about AC1 because obviously none of the other games would have emerged without it. Considering how it set the bar for all the others, I really liked it! It reminded me of the days when I would mindlessly play GTA and never do any of the missions, except AC made me feel more badass.

• GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    I am sad when people talk about their experiences with games like AC1 because I literally missed out on all of it! I call this current system cycle The Blank Generation because I haven't played a single game on any of the serious hardware/software systems ahahaha

I will make the jump whenever the PS4 and Xbox-whatever comes out, and I will have plently of cheap, quality backlog library to play from :D

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    I'm working my way through AC Revelations right now. I actually enjoyed Brotherhood but I'll agree that it doesn't bring that much to the party on the gameplay side. I've been finding that Revelations brings even less. They included bombs, bomb making and the Bionic Commando hook. That's about it.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    So for $600/year you can have access to the CS Cloud.

I hate subscriptions of any sort.

How come Photoshop only comes in the design standard? Not even the master collection or Cloud Membership, what ever that is.

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, that's ridiculous.

Have any of you heard of Zoe Keating? She's the cello version of andrew bird, but with only cello and no lyrics, whistling or whatever. Anyways, I really dig her stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIZTcfrXVMs

Prospicience on
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    It comes with Photoshop Extended, you silly geese.

• NicNic Registered User regular
    How come Photoshop only comes in the design standard? Not even the master collection or Cloud Membership, what ever that is.
    Yeah, that's completely preposterous. Not that I can afford any of the services either way, but that just seems stupid.

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Nic wrote: »
    Yeah, that's completely preposterous. Not that I can afford any of the services either way, but that just seems stupid.
    Mayday wrote: »

steam_sig.png
  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    I talk too much argghhhh

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Nic wrote: »

Heh. Good morning.

edited April 2012
    Rolo wrote: »
    e5qcW.jpg

:?

Unless i'm reading this wrong, in Cloud you get access to everything for each month you buy?

What's wrong with this again?

EDIT: This actually seems like a real godsend. I can't count the number of times I wanted to learn any of the Adobe products but had zero access to any of it due to a lack of funds.

And don't go the whole "just pirate it" route, that's so flippin' annoying.

Godfather on
    Pretty cool video that talks about the art of the film title intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qbhi-JICKKI#!

• ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    A
    Yeah, that's ridiculous.

Have any of you heard of Zoe Keating? She's the cello version of andrew bird, but with only cello and no lyrics, whistling or whatever. Anyways, I really dig her stuff.

B

Listening to A while looking at B

Godfather wrote: »
    e5qcW.jpg

Unless i'm reading this wrong, in Cloud you get access to everything for each month you buy?

EDIT: This actually seems like a real godsend. I can't count the number of times I wanted to learn any of the Adobe products but had zero access to any of it due to a lack of funds.

Well you won't actually own your software, which is a pretty big issue for me. This will eventually replace the student editions of the software as well (instead you get a discounted subscription while you're in school, and then you lose access afterwards) which is what I would buy, usually at a significant discount as the old versions were being phased out.

ninjai wrote: »
    A
    Yeah, that's ridiculous.

B

Listening to A while looking at B

I suddenly have nothing better to do this afternoon than this.

e5qcW.jpg

Well you won't actually own your software, which is a pretty big issue for me. This will eventually replace the student editions of the software as well (instead you get a discounted subscription while you're in school, and then you lose access afterwards) which is what I would buy, usually at a significant discount as the old versions were being phased out.

I dunno, it doesn't bother me as much. The way I see it (for me) is that I shouldn't really have a reason to own the software unless i'm making enough money out of using it for work to be able to pony up the dough and pick it up. Also if you're not a student there's no way to take advantage of that discount, so us regular joe's who just want to learn are boned unless they shell out $TEXAS

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited April 2012
    The cloud thing seems like something I'd only do if I needed all of those programs instead of just 1 or 2, or if I knew I was only going to be using it for a very limited time (being able to use Premiere on occasion is something I'd like to do, for example, but it's not worth the money if I only want to use it once or twice a year- a $50 monthly rental of the software might be worth it, though).

I've been using PS7 for 10 years now, under that licensing scheme that means I would have paid $6000 for it over the years, which doesn't seem like a great deal. Even if this means effectively free upgrades (I haven't actually checked that this is the case...is that what this means?), I don't really care enough about that to make it worth the extra money (even after 10 years of development there are only about 3 or 4 minor things that PS CS5 has that 7 doesn't have that I actually would like to have).

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited April 2012
    I feel that even if I own the stuff, the restrictions are really unsettling... though in an OCD kind of way, rather than an actual practical difficulty.

EDIT: speaking of CS5 (I also started with PS7, working on a student license), I find it ridiculous that you still can't grab+move selections over multiple layers.

Mayday on
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Need an armchair copyright expert.

I'm working on a website for my brother, and I need a silhouette of a flying duck. Rather than going out and taking a photo of a flying duck and turning it into a silhouette, would it be legal to pull a photo down from google images and make a silhouette from it?

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    I think ninjai and I are "fucking hilariously long work shift" brothers

Between my two jobs I just pulled an 18 hour shift.

Technically I started working at about 1pm yesterday, and I didn't stop (except for minor breaks) until 2 hours ago.

I would kill for some more hours. I work at Michaels and stock the store overnight while it's closed. Problem is I get so few hours, I can never adjust my sleep schedule so when I do work I don't get any sleep at all.

steam_sig.png
  • MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    so why aren't you sleeping?

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
    edited April 2012
    Fugitive wrote: »
    I think ninjai and I are "fucking hilariously long work shift" brothers

Between my two jobs I just pulled an 18 hour shift.

Technically I started working at about 1pm yesterday, and I didn't stop (except for minor breaks) until 2 hours ago.

Ha! Last Saturday I pulled a 20-hour shift back-to-back-to-back! Give me my prize!

EDIT: The prize was heat exhaustion! :D

Godfather on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    I would kill for some more hours. I work at Michaels and stock the store overnight while it's closed. Problem is I get so few hours, I can never adjust my sleep schedule so when I do work I don't get any sleep at all.

Overnight stock is the worst. I could barely do it on a consistent schedule. I can only imagine the shitty shit of having to constantly alternate between days and nights.

Last time I got paid to sit on my duff and watch The Big Lebowski twice! Possibly inebriated!

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »
    Need an armchair copyright expert.

I'm working on a website for my brother, and I need a silhouette of a flying duck. Rather than going out and taking a photo of a flying duck and turning it into a silhouette, would it be legal to pull a photo down from google images and make a silhouette from it?

Not a lawyer, etc.

But if you took some picture and turned it into a silhouette without any traces of the original image I cant see how anyone would know or care.

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I have to admit, seeing all the people who blindly defended 48fps continue to blindly defend 48fps after critics had a very lukewarm reception of it is amusing.

I mean, none of us have personally seen it yet, so it is hard to say if those people would like it. But right now all they have is the general reaction of the people who have and they're completely ignoring it.

one of the 48fps responses: http://www.slashfilm.com/cinemacon-ten-minutes-the-hobbit-underwhelms-higher-frame-rates-cinematic-future-james-cameron-promised/

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
    I've been using PS7 for 10 years now

Are you still running PS7? I mean, CS5 and PS7 can pretty much do the same thing, but don't you get compatibility issues with other peoples files?

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Man, I'm pretty upset that I stopped drawing for so long. Interesting that it took me losing my job to realize it.

Prospicience on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    I've been using PS7 for 10 years now

Are you still running PS7? I mean, CS5 and PS7 can pretty much do the same thing, but don't you get compatibility issues with other peoples files?

Well I use CS5 at work, but it's still PS7 at home. It's only an issue when doing freelance work, in which case it usually doesn't matter since I'm just producing files rather than using other people's. The only error I've gotten- which isn't really an error, is that subgroups get dumped into normal groups, because PS7 doesn't have subgroups. It hasn't been that big a deal for me personally (though I did tack on a charge to a bill so I could get CS3 to be compatible with a client's files once, but by the time they paid me, the project was already over so it would have been kinda pointless to buy it at that point.)

The only big change that I love in CS5 is the refine mask option. It makes selecting stray hairs so much easier!

Nappuccino wrote: »
    I have to admit, seeing all the people who blindly defended 48fps continue to blindly defend 48fps after critics had a very lukewarm reception of it is amusing.

I mean, none of us have personally seen it yet, so it is hard to say if those people would like it. But right now all they have is the general reaction of the people who have and they're completely ignoring it.

one of the 48fps responses: http://www.slashfilm.com/cinemacon-ten-minutes-the-hobbit-underwhelms-higher-frame-rates-cinematic-future-james-cameron-promised/

Yeah, I was really upset at this whole 48fps nonsense. I do not enjoy everything looking like a Mexican soap opera

I didn't even know 48fps was a thing until a few minutes ago.

Maybe it wont be too bad once you've adjusted to it. I remember the first time I saw a blueray movie on a hd tv. (first experience with both) It looked so real that it made me uncomfortable and I didn't like it. But then I adjusted to it, and now it doesn't bother me one bit.

steam_sig.png
  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Nappuccino wrote: »

Yeah, I was really upset at this whole 48fps nonsense. I do not enjoy everything looking like a Mexican soap opera

racista!

30rockgeneralissimo.jpg

This discussion has been closed.