As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Loose cannon cop. Supermax megaprison. President's daughter taken hostage. IN SPACE.

2»

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    But is he paired with someone who's never broken a rule in his life?

• thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    So this is out now
    Has anyone seen it?

no, i was going to but then it got terrible reviews

campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I know, that is disappointing

I tend to trust the reviews I see here over reviewers though

But there aren't any

• .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    For anyone else confused (the OP video is unavailable) the movie discussed in this thread is Lockout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmAbEgayExs

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Reading the little snippets of reviews off Rotten Tomatoes is a little confusing.

Because a lot of the reviews bash it for being a cheesy, dumb sci-fi film.

But I think I want to see a cheesy, dumb sci-fi film, so...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Reading the little snippets of reviews off Rotten Tomatoes is a little confusing.

Because a lot of the reviews bash it for being a cheesy, dumb sci-fi film.

But I think I want to see a cheesy, dumb sci-fi film, so...

I think it falls into that camp of movies where reviews are going to provide basically no help, because the things critics are likely to complain about are EXACTLY the things you want.

It's the same reason I still want to see Casa de mi Padre.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    It was good, but I felt it was lacking to be honest.

Everything was great up until act III...
    There's no big pay off, no final battle, no huge prison shootout, they just escape and the prison gets bombed.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The question is did they film the missing bits and cut them for the rating, or did they just not film them. Because if they did, then I will watch it when it comes out on DVD.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    the reviews I have read basically confirm my suspicion that the thesis of this movie is "fuck yeah, prison industrial complex"

not interested

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    It looks more to me like the thesis of the movie is "crazy people on a space station that plummets into the ocean".

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    to me it looks like goddamnit this is the closest we're getting to escape from earth, isn't it?

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    the reviews I have read basically confirm my suspicion that the thesis of this movie is "fuck yeah, prison industrial complex"

not interested

Um, it's the exact opposite actually. Who the fuck is writing these reviews?

• HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    It is kind of silly and there's not much of a payoff, but it was okay. Guy Pearce makes a very good quippy action star.

And he gets the SHIT beaten out of him. I think everyone on the prison takes a whack at him at some point.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.