As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat]!

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    it was not clear to me if i should bring a video game system to the hospital for the couple of days you stay after delivery

Maybe like angry birds on your iPhone or something

so it's like you just happen to have it there and some time to kill, but you're not the guy who brought a gameboy to play with while his wife's in labor

no, for after

its like all the shit goes down, baby arrives, then you have to stay for a couple of days

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I would pay so much money to watch mitt romney in a dive bar.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    it was not clear to me if i should bring a video game system to the hospital for the couple of days you stay after delivery

If nothing goes wrong and it's not a C Section you aren't going to be there long after the delivery. Average labor time for a first birth is 16 hours and usually they'll try and hustle you out of there a few hours after.

edit: most important thing to bring would be any over the counter meds you might need for headaches (advil or whatever) and food / bottled water for yourself.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I bet a lot of older men would like to give Organichu Bieber some aged cheddar

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    man i would like a nice, half lb burger

light spread of bbq sauce

aged cheddar

grilled onions

some fries

mmm

this why you fat chu

you shouldn't write about food like it's gonna blow you afterwards

won't it, senj?

won't it?

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Leprechaun powers unite!

Form of

an average sized person.

nibXTE7.png
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I was coming in here to post this.

You're a good man, Lud.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    skippy bring something it's the future don't listen to these fools

Bring your iPad. The baby vomit and piss will wipe right off.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    @Feral

ilu

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Sarksus wrote: »

i was thinking of maybe getting a ps vita

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I tried watching thundercats and promptly swore never to repeat that mistake

you can't go home on a saturday morning again

the intros promised epic adventure and then the show is always animated at 2fps and the story is about how they forgot Snarf's birthday or whatever

that said, I think GI Joe actually sort of delivered. I don't want to say it "holds up" because it's still going to be kind of tedious viewing for an adult but at least it does what it says on the box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5oLTzsZpPo

OH MY GOD
    what the fuck did I just watch
    Dude, GI Joe was, at times, fucking trippy. I mean, yeah, usually it was just the straight-up 22-minute toy commercial, however, that episode and the Synthoid Conspiracy stand out.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    http://www. youtube.com/watch?v=k3EoBl5uBfU

That show looks like it was pretty good.

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The Real Ghostbusters cartoon was so awesome.

EDIT: DO NOT OPEN UNTIL DOOOOOOOOOMSDAYYYYYYYYY

Nova_C on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    So am I the only one who feels no compunction to watch the next season of Mad Men?

It's like...I'm not really convinced the show can be going anywhere. It kind of drove it's plot with "what is the deal with Don Draper", but that's been resolved and it feels like all that's left is "lol the 50's were sooooo bad".

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular

so it's like you just happen to have it there and some time to kill, but you're not the guy who brought a gameboy to play with while his wife's in labor

no, for after

its like all the shit goes down, baby arrives, then you have to stay for a couple of days

yeah so I dunno if they've explained this but it's not like you're sitting in an airport lounge waiting for them to announce boarding on your kid

you're gonna be kinda busy with it

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Soopehr mahn.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

i was thinking of maybe getting a ps vita

Maybe you should stop being a baby.

• MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

bahaha

:l

i am srs

sitting in a room for two days sounds boring

It's often smart to carry an umbrella, even if it doesn't end up raining.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    TomeWyrm wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    I think we all know the best cartoon.

http://ww w.youtube.com/watch?v=SRcXRiZpxGI

I'll see your Road Rovers and raise you a Street Sharks

http://ww w.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZKpdihzeIo

http://ww w.youtube.com/watch?v=zpjBct8mD2I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqgJ6wzSW8k

edited April 2012
    FUCK VANILLLA!
    ok, this was the post that got eaten.

Skippy - if it's not a C Section and nothing goes wrong you wont be in the hospital long after the birth. They'll try and hustle you out of there that day unless its already in the middle of the night.

Also, be sure to pack some advil, bottled water and food for yourself (since the hospital probably wont be able to give you any as you wont be a patient).

edit: you might have some slow hours during the labor though. First labor averages 16 hours and can be twice that. During that time there can be some slow, even boring, times for her. Probably be better to bring something both of you can enjoy during a lull like an ipad with movies on it or something.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!

no, for after

yeah so I dunno if they've explained this but it's not like you're sitting in an airport lounge waiting for them to announce boarding on your kid

i am under the impression that newborns sleep a lot

aged cheddar

grilled onions

some fries

mmm

this why you fat chu

won't it, senj?

won't it?

how rare you orderin' it?

So am I the only one who feels no compunction to watch the next season of Mad Men?

It's like...I'm not really convinced the show can be going anywhere. It kind of drove it's plot with "what is the deal with Don Draper", but that's been resolved and it feels like all that's left is "lol the 50's were sooooo bad".

it's been fucking phenomenal

so probably yes

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    @Variable

Today I sort of watched the last episode of The Wire first.

instead of the pilot. . .because. . .well.

can i still enjoy it if I go back to the proper viewing order?

steam_sig.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    okay i ate dinner but now i need some snax

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    A couple friends and I are actually batting around the idea of creating a deliberately 80s IP for a comic - it would of course have good guys and bad guys, all toyetic as hell, and we'd have a power-guitar theme song with lyrics about TAKING A STAND in the DANGER ZONE.

rRwz9.gif
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular

no, for after

Depends on the kid and the drugs used during the birth.

I figure I could take a bear.
    @Variable

Today I sort of watched the last episode of The Wire first.

instead of the pilot. . .because. . .well.

can i still enjoy it if I go back to the proper viewing order?

I actually only watched the first season, but it's my understanding that each season tells a fairly different story, or at least a different perspective. I think you'd be fine BUT having not watched it I'm not sure what might have been spoiled.

I mean, even if lots was spoiled (which I doubt) the show is so well executed that it'd be worth your time.

hmm

my wife thinks i should bring something

: D

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

no, for after

and eat and poop a lot

no, for after

only on average. They don't sleep for long at once. EG: they might be asleap 16 hours out of 24 but never for more than 30 minutes at a stretch.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

aged cheddar

grilled onions

some fries

mmm

this why you fat chu

won't it, senj?

won't it?

how rare you orderin' it?

let's just say i'll be basting that sumbitch myself

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    I would pay so much money to watch mitt romney in a dive bar.

I would pay tens of thousands of dollars to watch and tape it.

I want something that combines the raw energy of Touch with the beat you over the head premise explaining of the M.A.S.K. theme-song

FUCK VANILLLA!
    ok, this was the post that got eaten.

Skippy - if it's not a C Section and nothing goes wrong you wont be in the hospital long after the birth. They'll try and hustle you out of there that day unless its already in the middle of the night.

Also, be sure to pack some advil, bottled water and food for yourself (since the hospital probably wont be able to give you any as you wont be a patient).

edit: you might have some slow hours during the labor though. First labor averages 16 hours and can be twice that. During that time there can be some slow, even boring, times for her. Probably be better to bring something both of you can enjoy during a lull like an ipad with movies on it or something.

we had the hospital tour tonight, i think they said 2 days for regular, 3 days for c section

This discussion has been closed.