As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MLP: FiM: For the New Lunar Old Republic

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I really want to get Rock Band, especially since Joseph got a 360.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Cadancing Time.

jMJse.gif

And a Touhou crossover, it seems.

si9SY.jpg

SabreMau on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Okami wrote: »
    Russian Jazz version of "Pinkie's Brew"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d1WceA7D40
    That is so rad.

steam_sig.png
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Welp, now I am going to be humming in Russian all day.

Also, I want that Chrysalis doll. Not as much as I want that Scolipede doll...

I have been shanghai'd into editing my friends' FiM fanfiction. I'll make sure to post a link when it's finished.

• halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    super_surprise_by_uc77-d4qkili.png

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    shamelessly stolen from the mass effect thread

tumblr_m30ifhjyxo1r5eygvo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_m30ifhjyxo1r5eygvo2_1280.png
    tumblr_m30ifhjyxo1r5eygvo3_1280.png
    tumblr_m30ifhjyxo1r5eygvo4_1280.png
    tumblr_m30ifhjyxo1r5eygvo5_1280.png
    tumblr_m30ifhjyxo1r5eygvo6_1280.png

• I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Speaking of bad fan ideas, I don't think anyone has linked this impressive/horrible thing yet. It's a graphical representation of relationships in a partial sampling of fanfiction (click for full size):

shipg.png

(I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being secretly pleased by the thickness of the Fluttershy-Rainbow Dash line, since that's the only lesbian relationship that makes any sense to me, not that any of them make much... Granny Smith-Big Mac though? Nopenopenope.)

I want to be upset by this; I really do. But I'm just fascinated/delighted by that single thin line between the rock and the tree.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yeah... I've never read a piece of MLP fanfic, and some of those pairings make me kind of want to track down the sources. Like.. that image should be annotated.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I've read a few MLP fanfics. There are some interesting ones out there, but I tend to enjoy the crazy side of fanfiction like the one where Derpy is a Planeswalker from Magic: the Gathering or the one where Fluttershy rescues and adopts an alien from Aliens.

steam_sig.png
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Since we are in the pony drought perhaps someone could link to a good story?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    chrisnl wrote: »
    I've read a few MLP fanfics. There are some interesting ones out there, but I tend to enjoy the crazy side of fanfiction like the one where Derpy is a Planeswalker from Magic: the Gathering or the one where Fluttershy rescues and adopts an alien from Aliens.

That's ridiculous. It's obvious that Derpy would be a flying creature with deathtouch, like she does in the complete custom MLP/MTG set I am creating I MEAN I AM TOTALLY NOT DOING THAT, THAT WOULD BE CRAZY.

I'm An Elk; Shoot Me on
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Speaking of bad fan ideas, I don't think anyone has linked this impressive/horrible thing yet. It's a graphical representation of relationships in a partial sampling of fanfiction (click for full size):

shipg.png

(I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being secretly pleased by the thickness of the Fluttershy-Rainbow Dash line, since that's the only lesbian relationship that makes any sense to me, not that any of them make much... Granny Smith-Big Mac though? Nopenopenope.)

I want to be upset by this; I really do. But I'm just fascinated/delighted by that single thin line between the rock and the tree.

I didn't even notice that until now, that's pretty funny.

To pass the summer drought the local brony group has been posting links to fanfics on facebook, but I get the feeling most of them are mapped out on that chart.

• Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »

I rank Fallout: Equestria amongst the top ten stories I've ever read. Whether that says more about the quality of the fic or the number of stories I've read in my life, I don't know. It's very long (longer the than lord of the rings), but it's worth the effort, in my opinion.

Simply Rarity is a nice, sad shortish story.

Calling the shots is good for a laugh and is pretty short.

I - er - I read quite a bit of fan fiction last summer. I can recommend a few others but I know most people frown upon it *shrugs*

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »

shipg.png

To pass the summer drought the local brony group has been posting links to fanfics on facebook, but I get the feeling most of them are mapped out on that chart.

I'm more disturbed by the fact that there isn't a Fluttershy/Bloomberg ship.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    What I love about that chart is that every one of the mane six has several lines looping back to themselves.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    edited April 2012
    I can't wait to get even more remixes of this song.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oab5NGxQq48
    Edit - Aw yeah.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XYBy1vCRQg

Blendtec on

Double post, I got this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAlw5lnCvWA

• BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I rank Fallout: Equestria amongst the top ten stories I've ever read. Whether that says more about the quality of the fic or the number of stories I've read in my life, I don't know. It's very long (longer the than lord of the rings), but it's worth the effort, in my opinion.

I - er - I read quite a bit of fan fiction last summer. I can recommend a few others but I know most people frown upon it *shrugs*

I second Fallout: Equestria. It's on par with most published novels I've read. The Best Night Ever is basically Groundhog Day starring Blueblood at the Gala, and it's funny as hell. The Steadfast Sky is a fun pre-Equestria adventure story with young Celestia/Luna/Discord finding the original elements of harmony to overthrow a mysterious dictator.

Blurbl on
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

Double post, I got this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAlw5lnCvWA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfE1Ip2wot4

... Is it wrong that I'd rather see Herman Cain meet the Ponies?

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

shipg.png

I'm more disturbed by the fact that there isn't a Fluttershy/Bloomberg ship.
    I read one. So it does exist.

jCyyTSo.png
  • LilliLilli Registered User regular
    Oh dang, someone beat me to posting the Russian Gypsy Jazz. It's pretty rad.

170811%20-%20changeling%20headcanon%20life_cycle%20mind_blown%20parasprite.png

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Lilli wrote: »
    170811%20-%20changeling%20headcanon%20life_cycle%20mind_blown%20parasprite.png

I love this idea. Totally makes sense.

steam_sig.png

Double post, I got this.

... Is it wrong that I'd rather see Herman Cain meet the Ponies?

I'd read/watch that.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The mix of the pinkie theme and space jam is too busy. It just doesn't mesh well.

I don't give it a passing grade.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    PXcda.jpg

Gonna tempt fate with this one
    172977+-+artist+negativefox+Chrysalis+quotable_dialogue.jpg

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Ooh, that's skirting a line I didn't know existed.

• PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    I honestly want to draw Chrysalis artwork, I love the Changeling design

I'd love to see your interpratation of her character design broface. Whenever you have the time of course~

BIG news, pony fans! We’re giving you the chance to design your own pony – and it could be made into a real figure that will be revealed at this year’s Comic-Con International! Check back soon to get in on the action!

So, wondering if this would be their annual Comic-Con limited edition collectible, or something for general sale.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    f50.jpg
    c32.jpg

and now for some Season 3 Bingo

6b3.png

Joolander on
    steam_sig.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Still don't like the new logo.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

shipg.png

That and the one between the sack of flour and the bucket of radishes from the episode where Pinkie Pie snapped. Some of these have to be joke slashfic.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • FandaFanda Hang a shining star upon the highest boughRegistered User regular
    Probably an oversight, but my favorite part is Snails sitting there with no lines connecting him to anyone. Even inanimate objects get more play.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

shipg.png

I might regret this question. But what's up with the self-shipping? Tripple self-shipping even.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    This will be me come Saturday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBuZtRw4lvk

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular

There is absolutely no way Fallout Equestria should work, but it does. And it has far more quality in writing and storytelling than fanfiction has any right to have. So yeah, if you don't mind the length it's a good read.
    Joolander wrote: »
    and now for some Season 3 Bingo

6b3.png

I'd put money on top left to bottom right, myself.
    We know John De Lancie is voicing another episode, which given how distinctive his voice is probably means Discord will have some role. I'm guessing it involves a flashback to how Celestia and Luna first dealt with him, which likely gets the Alicorns origin explained; I also suspect the writing staff might be a bit touchy about the fan reaction to Cadence and want to throw some salve on that issue.

Which just leaves secondary and background pony episodes, and well, I think after so much material on the Mane Six the writers might start looking elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.