As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Roasts and Casseroles. [Cooking and Food Thread]

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I may bitch about how I think bananas are awful

:cry:

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh man.

Only sort-of-related but when we went to the LMFAO after-party, it was me and my two friends in a crowd otherwise entirely Korean. And then another foreigner showed up and said hello to us. We said hi politely, and went back to dancing to the pre-show DJs.

The other foreigner then proceeded to yell "YOU SUCK! YOU SUUUUCK!" at the DJs for thirty minutes because they weren't LMFAO.

It was incredibly embarrassing.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    well to be fair, you were at an lmfao gathering

it's like a siren call for douchebags

easysig2.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    wait
    what is LMFAO in this context? because I've never heard of a LMFAO party. Or is LMFAO a band?

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    oh, ok they are indeed a band

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    lmfao is a band, yes

ok, from what I've just heard
    they also suck

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Oh man.

Only sort-of-related but when we went to the LMFAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Sorry for party rocking!

It was actually one of the most fun concerts I've been to!

I'm not claiming they're the next Beatles, but if want you want is funny, dumb, dance songs, they're a great time.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Haters gonna hate? Their music is shallow crap, but it's a shitload of fun to jump around to when you're just looking to have a good time.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    We ate some great food for my birthday weekend. Saturday we had pulled pork, pasta salad, tater salad, pickled eggs, red velvet cake and key lime pie, and some other stuff. Sunday, we ate ribs and burgers, pasta salad, tater salad, quiona(?) salad and baked beans and cake, pie and brownies. And now I am going to take all the picnic food leftovers into work and share it with everyone. :)

So, I hate to keep bugging people, but if you can, please cook up one of the recipes and get me some feedback so I can correlate everything and get the next few recipes up.

easysig2.jpg
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Dan, hey Dan....BBQ joint in walking distance to the new place.

Saddle up to the bar, get a beer, order whatever poundage of meet you want, grab a side and be sure to ask for free bread and pickles.

Aww shit yea. @Lostwords and I did some damage there last week.

I'll be putting some pickles up for SC.

Already have the mash bubbling away for the shine.

easysig2.jpg
    Have my apple already off to the side? ...and the lunchbag?

indeed

easysig2.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    As today is Anzac day, I made Anzac biscuits.

Except I blaked them.

And by blaked them I mean I put rum in them.

Because why wouldn't you?

Stale wrote: »
    So, I hate to keep bugging people, but if you can, please cook up one of the recipes and get me some feedback so I can correlate everything and get the next few recipes up.

I'd be all over it, but I suffer from Korea-ingredient-itis.

RUVCwyu.jpg

I'd be all over it, but I suffer from Korea-ingredient-itis.

I'll settle for nudes

easysig2.jpg
    How about Quantum Panties?

It's a project my friends and I are working on as of tonight.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Got any recipes for mustard based bbq sauce or how to best boil a steak?

How about Quantum Panties?

It's a project my friends and I are working on as of tonight.

I'm intrigued.... go on

easysig2.jpg
    Hunter wrote: »

yes

1 part drayno to 2 parts bleach

combine in a glass and drink

easysig2.jpg
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    The sauce does sound nice.

But why would you boil a steak?

yes

1 part drayno to 2 parts bleach

combine in a glass and drink

You know as well as I do that the recipe you just posted would seriously taste better than a mustard bbq sauce.

Also, do have any recommendations to go along with a steak done extra well done slathered in A-1?

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Also, do have any recommendations to go along with a steak done extra well done slathered in A-1?

Cheez Whiz

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    I want to take his bbq rub and use it on some tofu.

Or just use it to spice up some ketchup.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Yes I'd like a milksteak and your freshest jellybeans.

• ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    @Stale, here is my review of the corn fritters:

I used an electric stove and large stainless steel pot with an oven thermometer. It took some fiddling, but I got the oil to a stable 375. So, this can be done on an electric stove. :)

I didn't use all of the 2/3 cup of milk, left maybe a couple of teaspoonfuls out because I wanted the fritters to be substantial. It worked out very well, the dough held up very well in the oil and had a nice consistency. I like em crispy, and I did burn 1 or 2 because of this, but most of them came out really well.

Like I said earlier, I gave the fritters to my Indian neighbors in exchange for some samosas, and they loved them. I served them with some malt vinegar, but my neighbors didn't like that flavor combo. They used some butter (ghee?) instead and just melted a little over the fritters.

Hopefully in the next 2 days I can cook up some shrimp and grits. Depends on my laziness factor.

Either we finally broke him or he's purchasing plane tickets to OH and PA to kill us while we sleep.

Might as well go for broke and use some of his bbq rub on the only type of bbq that should be legal in the US...beef.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Hunter, if you really want to rile Stale up tell him you made one of his recipes, then complain bitterly that it was too bland.

Talk to him about this problem for 4-5 posts before revealing that you left out every single spice because "they sounded gross".

Watch him implode with rage.

Either we finally broke him or he's purchasing plane tickets to OH and PA to kill us while we sleep.

Might as well go for broke and use some of his bbq rub on the only type of bbq that should be legal in the US...beef.

Man, I've been saying shitty things to Dan in all media forms to try and goad him into coming up here to slap me for years now. If anything is going to get him to Cleveland that ain't it!

• QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    I am happy to report that I have broken my husband's chicken breast habit and have successfully transitioned to thighs

If you really want to piss Dan off, wipe his Tivo drive every couple of months. Replace it all with some ESPN highlights.

Butters wrote: »

Man, I've been saying shitty things to Dan in all media forms to try and goad him into coming up here to slap me for years now. If anything is going to get him to Cleveland that ain't it!

We have to step it up a bit, huh.

I think Stale should frost tip his hair, put sunglasses on upside down and on the back of his head, and become a real chef like this guy.

guyfieri_web.jpg

And if you really want to piss Dan off, date him for a couple of years.

I'm not justifying any of this with a response

easysig2.jpg
    And if you really want to piss Dan off, date him for a couple of years.

At least with this you'll be allowed to move into and keep all of your shit at his house even after the relationship ended. He'll probably cook for you too.

This discussion has been closed.