As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Trailers] Solidifying Iron-Clad Opinions in 2:30 or Less

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Shia Lebouf is this generation's Mickey Rourke. He just hasn't got there yet.

Have you seen his indie comics?

Oh my goodness yes. It's hard to believe those comics were produced by a grown man and not a thirteen year old.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I feel the same way about David Lynch's Dumbland.

(I do not mean this as a criticism of Dumbland.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-0CzLV8EGI

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I think I did hear that a certain rapper
    rza
    would be in it, but like I said, imdb really sucks.

Think you can see him for .1 seconds near the very beginning of the first trailer.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Tom hardy aka boy picard.... man he has grow'd up and been in some good stuff since then.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Lawless looks amazing. That goes on my to-watch-post-haste list.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    John Hillcoat directed that one, right?

His other two movies (The Proposition & The Road) were depressing grit-fests, which I love.

I'm ready for a third.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »
    Lawless looks amazing. That goes on my to-watch-post-haste list.

The one thing that bothered me was that during the trailer they're called "heroes"? Are we supposed to agree with the protagonists?

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Yeah the trailer was a bit confusing.. seems like they're working for Gary Oldman at first, then Guy Pearce shows up to shut them down, then at some point Oldman turns on them, also "became heroes" somewhere in there.

Not really that fussed about it, still looks great. I love Pearce's little giggle.

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Yeah I wasn't sure, but seeing Oldman hanging off the side of that car as it drives away, cigar in his mouth, brandishing a tommy gun, that one scene pretty much sold it to me.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I'm just glad to be reminded (after Tinker Tailor) that Oldman is still a relatively young guy (ironically) and can therefore keep creating magnificently evil characters for years and years.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Haha I just realized that Lawless is supposed to be about Franklin county, moonshine capital of the world. It's about 30 minutes from here. You occasionally still hear about "largest ATF sting operation ever done, on moonshine" headlines out of that area. There are way too many teeth in that trailer.

I went to a nearby college with a kid from franklin county (to be fair, its hillbilly town, but it really isn't that terrible in spots), and he let us know he had never used or seen(in rl) a computer until a week before showing up, and didnt have running water in his house until senior year of high school(this was around 10 years ago). Awesome guy and great to hang around though, always had a hilarious story or was in the process of making one.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aN8ahHRS10

Chloe Moretz is the next big female actress. Hands down. She's amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SAZGurVLPc

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Shia Lebouf is this generation's Mickey Rourke. He just hasn't got there yet.

Have you seen his indie comics?

Oh my goodness yes. It's hard to believe those comics were produced by a grown man and not a thirteen year old.

Those comics are even worse than his acting skills

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Huh. Is this some sort of country/Western Lolita thing?

y59kydgzuja4.png
    Looks like it.

Also, Alec Baldwin in a non-comedic role.

It's been a while.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    The smirk on Tommy Lee Jone's face at the end of the trailer...priceless.

edited April 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxkNuHrS6cg

Would not have picked We Are Young for this, but I guess marketing went "it's like REALLY popular AND it's such a cute play on the movie title!"

The Judge on
  • fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    That looks pretty funny despite that terrible song they used.

Most of it looks pretty funny; i thought the trailer ended weakly though. Most of the time you want to put one of the funniest bits at the very end, that one didn't hit me as end material. Oh well, Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann are great, I'll probably see it.

edited April 2012
    Not sure if it's been posted already, but Prometheus International Launch trailer:
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    Fellow in the Prometheus thread says that new trailer spoils quite a bit of the movie. I never watched it so I can't confirm but heads up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1byZkbNB3Jw

KalTorak on
  • BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    Fellow in the Prometheus thread says that new trailer spoils quite a bit of the movie. I never watched it so I can't confirm but heads up.

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    yes.... yes it does

it looks awesome though, but it does seem to spoil quite a bit

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Yes, some spoilerish stuff in there, but we don't know any more than what we did before.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Yeah it definately shows more of the hook of the movie, and the main plot of what happens when they get there. If you are moderately sensitive to spoilers I would avoid, otherwise have at it.

steam_sig.png
  • EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    Gah decisions! On the one hand, mystery! :(

On the other, mystery! :)

• GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Not touching it. Already feel like I've seen too much of The Avengers in the spots they're releasing. One more week won't hurt with the latter, a few more weeks won't hurt with the former.

• GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Huh. Is this some sort of country/Western Lolita thing?

This has got to be the most incomprehensible trailer i've ever seen. Two minutes later and I still haven't a damn clue what the movie is about.

• FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    That Prometheus trailer certainly seemed to spell out the plot, but it would seem strange for them to be so careful in previous versions to show snippets, and to do all that viral stuff, only to blow their load now.

I'd like to think that there's still something they're holding back.

Mind you, I don't know about the economics of these things. I know people complain about too much being given away in trailers, but part of me wonders whether the numbers show that the unwashed masses prefer to know what they're in for...?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    I'm hoping that we've seen little if any of the third act of Prometheus.

But then I suspect we have. Fuckawesome trailer though! This movie is going to make me so scared :D

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Here's the wonderful trailer for Prometheus in 1080p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7GQvXuQJVI

High volume recommended 8-> 8-> 8->

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Saw trailers for Spiderman, Prometheus and Bathuman before The Avengers.

Prometheus looks rad as all hell.

Spiderman looks terrible from a brain point of view, but pretty ok from a "let's see some action" point of view. On the other hand, they made Emma Stone blonde which is very terrible. I do not think I will enjoy it overly much.

Batman I am torn about. On the one hand everything about the plot, such as was revealed looks not good, Bane in particular is nonsense. On the other hand, it looks like it's going to be a visual spectacle in the same way The Dark Knight does, which I am feel very reassured about.

• Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    God made Emma Stone blonde.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    What looks not good/nonsensical about TDKR? I haven't seen anything lately, but aside from the silliness of visuals at the football stadium everything else looked fine.

Lh96QHG.png
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    How is Bane nonsense?

Quire.jpg
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Detaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaails

I want detaaaaaaaaaaaaaails.

Spoiler'd preferably.

Lh96QHG.png
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Yeah I agree, seeing a football game going on in TDKR trailer was a bit jarring and I don't really know why

I am still rather apathetic about the new Spiderman film. It just looks so bland :?

Second trailer for Sorkin's HBO Newsroom show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgFZbrwmndA

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    Second trailer for Sorkin's HBO Newsroom show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgFZbrwmndA

So excited for this.

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Yeah, me too. I'm going through the West Wing for like the 5th time now.

can you feel the struggle within?
This discussion has been closed.