As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] PAX 2012 registration is DOWN! Back up next week with better hosting!

• GeekyPrincessGeekyPrincess Registered User regular
    I managed to get an email about 10 minutes after ordering. The charges are pending on my card (why they charged me for FedEx I will never know since I didn't click nor need it being in the US....but I will suck that up). I did however have the site crap out on me while it was loading my "reciept". Do I need the reciept or just the confirmation email?

It did the same thing for me with the FedEx thing. Not sure what happened there.

Cookie Brigade Prime 2011 and 2012!
    Shipping cookies for Prime 2013
  • ShaderShader The Master Ranger Registered User regular
    Got my 3-day, thanks for the link zerzhul! I got my e-mail confirmation within 10 minutes of purchase as well.

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    I still don't have my e-mail confirmation and I purchased a few hours ago. Should I be worried? (I still have the confirmation from the website though)

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2012
    From the FAQ Thread
    heels wrote: »
    If you do not get an email within 24 hours shoot an email over to pax_questions@paxsite.com, we'll get it taken care of.

zerzhul on
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    From the FAQ Thread
    heels wrote: »
    If you do not get an email within 24 hours shoot an email over to pax_questions@paxsite.com, we'll get it taken care of.
    Thank you kindly.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    lolmont wrote: »
    How much were the 3 day badges going for a friend wants to know and the site is still down.

Have your friend try a different browser, or something of that nature. People have had luck with different configurations. If you mean that the link isn't on paxsite right now, it's posted earlier in this thread.

passes are $65 for a 3-day.

• lolmontlolmont Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    How much were the 3 day badges going for a friend wants to know and the site is still down.

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Wait what? Am I seeing things or is Zerzhul psychic or something?

By the way, if you are psychic. Feel free to tell me when hotels are going to open up so I can stop mashing my F5 key for the next 3 straight weeks.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
    gespo89 wrote: »
    Wait what? Am I seeing things or is Zerzhul psychic or something?

By the way, if you are psychic. Feel free to tell me when hotels are going to open up so I can stop mashing my F5 key for the next 3 straight weeks.

Sometimes the forum can be a little wonky under high traffic in a particular thread. Also, I'm psychic ;)

• jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    "We are currently experiencing a temporary problem with this computer system."

And the domain is "Compusystems"?

I feel like I've been transported to 1998.

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • CybitCybit Merch Underling RedmondRegistered User regular
    If you are buying 5 passes at once, they automatically add the FedEx charge.

jonxp wrote: »

Haha, I thought the /exact/ same thing when I read the domain.

• SarahstraszaSarahstrasza Registered User regular
    Ugh >.> if I miss out on my 3 day pass this year, I am going to shank someone. Fix yourself soon, please mr. computer system.

• BluefireJaguarBluefireJaguar Registered User new member
    So I ordered in between the website outage issues and got a confirmation screen in my browser with the barcode and all. Credit card company says the charge went through, or at least is pending, but I still have not received email confirmation.

Sent an email to pax_questions@paxsite.com, so hopefully they can fix it :) Still a little unnerving though.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Seems to be working mine. Just got my 3-Day badge after dealing with that message a few times. Hopefully I won't be getting 3 3-day badges...

• jmckeldenjmckelden Registered User regular
    I managed to slip through the errors and got all 3 3-day badges ordered. Confirmation email achieved. My life is complete. :) Now it just needs to be September....

Ugh. This is so lame. Tear stained pillows.

• BluefireJaguarBluefireJaguar Registered User new member
    Might I also suggest finding a better company to handle registration? They can handle the wrath of thousands of gamers trying to register!!

• LordFizzlebeefLordFizzlebeef Registered User regular
    Got my badge! Now to spend the next few days hovering over the hotel page...

• jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular

Obviously they should have gone with Hyper-Global-Compu-Mega-Net.

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!

Yes... Yes they should have. But now look at where they are!

• tea_birdtea_bird Tequila Se'lai Registered User regular
    I was able to get mine within 5 minutes of registration opening this morning. Guess I was lucky. Or fast.

Twitter: @tea_bird
  • SmashX5000SmashX5000 The Guy Who Draws Things WashingtonRegistered User regular
    And now the agonizing wait til Friday when I'll actually have the money to order my 3-day pass.

YouTube | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Formspring | Smash Time - My Webcomic
    PAX Prime Preparations - [X] - Fri-Sun Pass [X] - Panel Schedule [X] - Hype [X]
  • VRWLVRWL Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    alegria wrote: »
    But if the site died before giving you the confirmation, yet did in fact charge your credit card, that's the problem. It's happened to several of us and we need to know if we did indeed get the tickets we ordered or not. I'd really rather not buy a second set of tickets, as that might take a ticket away from someone else if the original charge goes through, especially since there's no official/safe way to trade tickets anymore.

Similar thing happened to me, got that Compusystems screen with the error but no charges on my card. Even worse, I've clicked the "Process Payment" button 2-3 times since it didn't appear to register any payment acceptance. So far, nothing is showing up on my credit card account. :(

VRWL on
    Lets just hope theres not some sort of freak storm and they end up out of 3 days, in 1 day.

Might I also suggest finding a better company to handle registration? They can handle the wrath of thousands of gamers trying to register!!

Yeah, I think they likely know that :P This is the first year of using this different company. My guess is that if shit can't be fixed soon, they might not re-use them next year.

Hyper-Global-Compu-Mega-Net-Web2.0

• CybitCybit Merch Underling RedmondRegistered User regular
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they sell out in a week. The fact that servers are crashing...yowza.

Well crud, I've got double charges on my card. Guess pressing it several times wasn't a good idea. :(

VRWL wrote: »
    Well crud, I've got double charges on my card. Guess pressing it several times wasn't a good idea. :(

yeah, email pax_questions@paxsite.com with your situation.

Generally anytime there's a payment involved, multiple pressing the "pay now" button is a bad idea.

• JohnnyBJohnnyB Registered User new member
    After repeatedly reloading the site due to errors, I finally got to the screen and clicked "process payment" only to get another error screen. I called the company that processes this and they've said that they are shutting down the website due to these issues for now. They'll give me a call tomorrow to let me know if my payment was actually processed or not.

Not really happy that they were unprepared for this kind of traffic. PAX tickets have sold out faster and faster each year. This is something they should've been prepared for. PAX, please go with a payment processing company that's more prepared next year. If tickets are sold out by the time I get off work tomorrow and am able to get back to the website, I'm going to be pretty upset.

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Lets just hope theres not some sort of freak storm and they end up out of 3 days, in 1 day.
    Man, that'd be reaching SDCC levels of craziness. I had a friend that's gone a few times and he always says that the following year's SDCC sells out during the current year's SDCC.

• tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular

Generally anytime there's a payment involved, multiple pressing the "pay now" button is a bad idea.

Hmmmm,

My wife reset it after it crapped out a few times (got the "Error" message) we have 0 pending charges right now, but it allowed me to print a bar code. I suppose that's a good thing?
    If we end up with 6X charges I'll email them.

I guess I can sell them to some poor soul once the 3-day passes run out. Looks like I'll have an extra pair for sale.

• revenilerevenile Registered User regular
    I created an account just to post in this thread, after fighting with the site (I'm used to this kind of thing, steam sales and all) I managed to get to my receipt page (and thankfully only one $65 pending charge) unfortunately I can't get my receipt due to the Compusystems server going down, so hopefully I'll get my email confirmation soon. I'll send an email to the correct address after my class if the email isn't in my inbox, this is my first time paying my own way into PAX (my second time going ever) and I want to make sure everything is set.

JohnnyB wrote: »
    After repeatedly reloading the site due to errors, I finally got to the screen and clicked "process payment" only to get another error screen. I called the company that processes this and they've said that they are shutting down the website due to these issues for now. They'll give me a call tomorrow to let me know if my payment was actually processed or not.

Not really happy that they were unprepared for this kind of traffic. PAX tickets have sold out faster and faster each year. This is something they should've been prepared for. PAX, please go with a payment processing company that's more prepared next year. If tickets are sold out by the time I get off work tomorrow and am able to get back to the website, I'm going to be pretty upset.

I think everyone would agree that it sucks that the new system's vendor was unprepared for the load. It's easy to say "go with someone who is more prepared" but it's hard to test under the actual live reg conditions (which as you say, get worse every year). Not trying to say that anyone should get a pass on a poor system, and I'm CERTAIN that those who run PAX are /very/ unhappy about the situation, but I doubt they said "hey let's go with this company and/or system that's unprepared".

• AractorAractor Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    BigRed wrote: »
    Aractor wrote: »
    Picked up a 3-day pass! Second time making it to PAX...Now to just figure out those expensive hotel rooms.

No BYOC? I am disappoint.
    I just don't have the time for it, between panels + the expo + parties + maybe a little sleep = no time for BYOC gaming. That and bringing my desktop up on the train doesn't sound like fun.

I'd love to hangout in BYOC, but after last year I just can't imagine finding the time to do it.

Attended: Prime 2011, Prime 2012, Prime 13, Prime 2014
    Enforced: West 2015, West 2016
    76561197962492129.png
  • JohnnyBJohnnyB Registered User new member
    edited April 2012
    I didn't say it got worse every year. I said they sold out faster every year. I'm sure the decision to switch payment processing companies was based on fact, and not whim. I would just suggest that they find a processing company prepared for the demand in future, because the situation right now is unacceptable for anyone.

JohnnyB on
    JohnnyB wrote: »
    I didn't say it got worse every year. I said they sold out faster every year. I'm sure the decision to switch payment processing companies was based on fact, and not whim. I would just suggest that they find a processing company prepared for the demand in future, because the situation right now is unacceptable for anyone.

Selling out faster every year implies that the load gets worse (heavier) every year. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, just saying that the statement "please go with a company that's more prepared" is about as necessary as saying "you might want to bring an umbrella" when it's already raining ;) I'm sure they know, considering the situation, and are likely already considering that exact thing.

• spillcanvasgirlspillcanvasgirl Registered User regular
    Is anyone going alone and booking a hotel that wouldn't mind me crashing with them? :-)

This discussion has been closed.