As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] PAX 2012 registration is DOWN! Back up next week with better hosting!

12346»

• Options
    nemesislestatnemesislestat Registered User regular
    hey i bought my tickets but i have not received email

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    There will be a roomshare thread posted sometime after the hotel registration goes up (again).

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    hey i bought my tickets but i have not received email

Read a few posts back, there's an answer to that "inquiry".

• Options
    BowzachiBowzachi Registered User regular
    Damn, got too nervous so I bought another one just now to be double positive... Damn.
    If two badges show up at my door I imagine it will be pretty easy to find a buyer for the extra though so I guess playing it safe will be ok. Got confirmation on the one just now from the page that you guys mentioned. I screwed up and closed it the first time around and then couldn't get back into it.

• Options
    heelsheels Registered User regular
    Just to let everyone know...

We're working on getting this fixed ASAP, we literally have the entire team working on solutions to get this fixed.

REGISTRATION WILL LIVE AGAIN

< devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • Options
    digitaldimsumdigitaldimsum Registered User regular
    After struggling with the website, I'm able to get mine and got my email confirmation. Lets just hope PAX got it on their end rather than charging me and not sending me my pass.

Good thing I live in downtown Seattle. It's about 2 Seattle blocks to the top of the convention floor :)

• Options
    arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    I imagine that like this last PAX East there will be no selling of badges through this site again? I keep hearing people say they will just sell the extras if they get any.

I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • Options
    UNHMANUNHMAN [E] Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Guess we crashed the Reg site till next week. :(

UNHMAN on
  • Options
    OysterPrimeOysterPrime Registered User regular
    I just read this on the PAX Prime site:
    04-25-12 Registration Update
    Here's where we're at:
    #1. We tried a new registration vendor this year. It....didn't work out. We are going back to our previous vendor and registration should be set up next week.

#2. For those of you who have successfully registered, we'll shoot you an email next week to confirm your registration.

#3. We're really sorry about this =(.
    Looks like we'll have to wait until next week :cry: . Hopefully this change to the old vendor will be for the better(this is my first time buying a ticket for PAX.)

PAX Prime: 2012, 2014
    PAX East: 2013

PAX East 2016:
    [ X ] Badge [ X ] Hotel [ X ] Plane Ticket
  • Options
    heelsheels Registered User regular
    I imagine that like this last PAX East there will be no selling of badges through this site again? I keep hearing people say they will just sell the extras if they get any.

Correct, we no longer support reselling of passes via the forum.

< devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Wow, just read on the main site they are going back to the old register company.

Hopefully this wont cause major problems for those of us who already registered when passes go out.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Well i didn't get an email, but i was charged successfully. Have screenshot of confirmation though. Hopefully all is well next week. :)

• Options
    heels wrote: »
    Correct, we no longer support reselling of passes via the forum.

The gods have spoken! And quickly too I might add =)

I should go.
  • Options
    TamwulfTamwulf Registered User regular
    04-25-12 Registration Update
    Here's where we're at:

#1. We tried a new registration vendor this year. It....didn't work out. We are going back to our previous vendor and registration should be set up next week.

#2. For those of you who have successfully registered, we'll shoot you an email next week to confirm your registration.

#3. We're really sorry about this =(.

Here's to another year of not being able to get tickets as I'm not able to sit at my computer 24/7 "hoping" they get it fixed.

Witty Comments Require No Explanation,
    Sarcasm Allows None.
  • Options
    KodiniKodini Registered User new member
    So to clarify, if we were able to place an order on the page that was up today, we'll definitely get the badges? Just want to be sure...

• Options
    edited April 2012
    @Tamwulf
    Don't get so down. Number one thing you can do is subscribe to their twitter @Official_PAX and set it so that a txt message is sent to your phone if that account does a tweet to the public. That is how I found out about registration. And to note: I despise twitter but I got one and only use it for PAX stuff for times such as these.

As for "not being able to get tickets" they have hardly been on sale hun and they didn't sell out for 22 days last year. It's all good! Nothing has been sold out yet! =)

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
  • Options
    CybitCybit Merch Underling RedmondRegistered User regular
    What Arwen said. Next week, they'll be available. @Kodini -- I think that is the case. I got tickets, and it sounds like to me they will be contacting everyone who did registered via e-mail to confirm that our tickets are still available.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Tamwulf wrote: »

Here's to another year of not being able to get tickets as I'm not able to sit at my computer 24/7 "hoping" they get it fixed.

Pax is not to the point yet where it sells out in hours, last year it took 3 week to sell out of 3 day badges. Being this early in the game, as long as you check the site once a day or once every couple days you will get a badge.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Given that registration is now down until next week, I'm going to shut this thread down. Please divert your questions over to the FAQ Thread and to pax_questions@paxsite.com.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    BluefireJaguarBluefireJaguar Registered User new member
    Kodini wrote: »
    So to clarify, if we were able to place an order on the page that was up today, we'll definitely get the badges? Just want to be sure...

They said they will send out a confirmation email to everyone who got through. Hopefully BEFORE the passes go on sale again.

This discussion has been closed.