As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TRIALS FUSION] MAN! MACHINE! THE FUUUTURE....

• mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    This game is better than the original in so many ways, but I have one, major, major complaint that will likely make me put it down, and it's the same as last time around.

The location of the restart track button.

Select. Right beside the left stick. I cannot fucking count the number of times my thumb has slipped and hit that button.

I just about finished Dark City Run. Finish line in view!

Back to the start.

I get that having the B button be an instant restart at the last checkpoint is crucial. With the number of times you screw up, you need to have that instant restart. But the whole track? Use a different button. Or! Ask for confirmation. For fuck's sake, I'm not trying that track again. I have literally had that happen to me once on every single one of the insane difficulty tracks. Every single one.

Venting: Complete

My one major complaint. Seriously. Why the fuck was this not addressed? I know it seems like an insanely stupid thing to do and oh how could you possibly ever have that happen? But there's that ONE time it does right at the end of a mega hard track and bam. Fuck you. Now you know our pain. It really blows. I don't see why they couldn't have made a simple confirmation arise, or let the button be switched to something else.

"You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Just want to reiterate that, of the 4 of us who've beaten Inferno 3, I'm the best.

:3

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    And you always will be since I have zero interest in playing that again. My 240+ faults stand as testament to my struggle!

Oh yeah, absolutely nooooooo interest in ever playing any of the extreme tracks ever again.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    I started the Extreme tracks today. Only played the first one, but took first place on it. Something like 7 faults. Not too bad! I presume they get tougher? :P

Skull, I will be gunning for your top spot when I get to Inferno 3. Even if the level is pure hell, I will shoot for the top spot. So cherish first place.. ;)

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    mastrius wrote: »
    This game is better than the original in so many ways, but I have one, major, major complaint that will likely make me put it down, and it's the same as last time around.

Select. Right beside the left stick. I cannot fucking count the number of times my thumb has slipped and hit that button.

Back to the start.

I get that having the B button be an instant restart at the last checkpoint is crucial. With the number of times you screw up, you need to have that instant restart. But the whole track? Use a different button. Or! Ask for confirmation. For fuck's sake, I'm not trying that track again. I have literally had that happen to me once on every single one of the insane difficulty tracks. Every single one.

My one major complaint. Seriously. Why the fuck was this not addressed? I know it seems like an insanely stupid thing to do and oh how could you possibly ever have that happen? But there's that ONE time it does right at the end of a mega hard track and bam. Fuck you. Now you know our pain. It really blows. I don't see why they couldn't have made a simple confirmation arise, or let the button be switched to something else.

A confirmation? No way. Maybe an option to switch the button.

No confirmation, though. You want a super-quick way to restart the track when you are going to be doing it 300 times to try to beat a score.

Edit: And add me for some leaderboard stuffs. XBLA tag in sig.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    Skull, I will be gunning for your top spot when I get to Inferno 3. Even if the level is pure hell, I will shoot for the top spot. So cherish first place.. ;)

It probably wont be terribly difficult for you to take the top spot :P
    I had a worse time than the guy in 1st (Musiqua I think) but I lucked out with 5 less faults. Inferno 3 isnt the worst of the extreme maps I think. The Wreck was wayyyyyyy worse. Inferno 3 took me like, 4 tries to beat. The Wreck was like 50 hojillion tries, and when I beat it I was so close to faulting AND timing out. Ugh... so glad I never ever have to play an extreme map ever again :D

Also, people should download the Trials maps: The End of Days ep#1 and Apocalypse. They're really easy tracks, but they're pretty cinematic.

• WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    Its funny... Do faults count against your top score? It seems to just look at the time, so can you fault out like crazy and still nap the leaderboard spot?

Witchsight.png
    Figgy wrote: »

Back to the start.

No confirmation, though. You want a super-quick way to restart the track when you are going to be doing it 300 times to try to beat a score.

I meant an option to turn on a confirmation. Or switch the button yeah. Would be annoying for everyone if that was automatic. I just wish there were options.

On another note. An awesome one. I went back and totally beat inferno 2 today. Holy crap yes. and top of my friend list too. Felt so good.

Witchsight wrote: »
    Its funny... Do faults count against your top score? It seems to just look at the time, so can you fault out like crazy and still nap the leaderboard spot?

Someone with one less fault beats out someone who is one second faster.

Yeah less faults are always the determining factor. I was #1 with 0 faults on one board for a while and my time was over a minute higher than the #2 guy because he had 1 fault.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i gotta get back to this, but prototype 2 and my shiny new PC are distracting

The Wreck

*ahem*

FUCK. YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

22:22:579 with 433 faults. Yeah, I'm gonna have to beat that. Cause that's terrible.

Double postin all up ins.

*ahem*

FUCK. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Second attempt at The Wreck -50 faults, 3:06.689

Good enough for a silver, but I can definitely improve on that. This level isn't impossible, and I can already tell that playing it for a half hour has made me so much better at this game.

Beat that, dudes.

• bigwillchbigwillch Registered User regular

Back to the start.

I meant an option to turn on a confirmation. Or switch the button yeah. Would be annoying for everyone if that was automatic. I just wish there were options.

On another note. An awesome one. I went back and totally beat inferno 2 today. Holy crap yes. and top of my friend list too. Felt so good.

Happened to me last night on gigatrack. I think that having to double tap the back button, instead of just pressing it once, would solve this issue and still keep the lightning quick restarts unaffected (restarting from the last checkpoint should still be a one click deal).

fss.png
    xbox GT: Big Will C H
    Today's comic is about me!

I don't think I've ever even come close to accidentally hitting the back button in Trials HD or this game, how are you guys even managing to do it? Just spastically flicking the left stick so hard your thumb slips? If they put it on any other button it'd be EASIER to hit, the Back button is the least used button on the 360 controller by far which is why they use it for restarts.

Yeah, my hands get super sweaty when I play Trials, and I've never slipped and hit the back button. I have, however, had my brain short circuit from hitting B so many times on an extreme track that I accidentally hit back. So much rage...

bigwillch wrote: »

Back to the start.

Happened to me last night on gigatrack. I think that having to double tap the back button, instead of just pressing it once, would solve this issue and still keep the lightning quick restarts unaffected (restarting from the last checkpoint should still be a one click deal).

That's a great idea actually. Double tap. I wish they had an option man.

And like I said above. I know it seems stupid and how could someone ever do that. But it's not something that happens constantly. It's that one or two times at the end of a mega-hard track you've been busting your ass on that it happens that you just freak out and rage over. It isn't that I do it ALL the time. It's that the one or two times it HAS happened made such a dent in my sanity that I wish they would have allowed options to change it.

Ive only done it accidentally once so far, and it was while doing some emergency adjusting to recover from an awkward landing. But yeah, slipped straight onto the Back button and was all like... Oh. OH I SEE.

Im really digging 90% of the tracks too, theyre all pretty fun to ride and im just getting to the extreme ones. I hated the sewage one though... Anything that takes away my ability to control my movements is dicks.

Witchsight.png
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Is that true? I thought the faults pretty much set you in a separate "tier" for timing. If you have one fault, you can be a full minute faster than the guy with 0 faults, but he's still ahead of you on the leaderboards. Basically, you want 0 faults.

Sweet. 0 faulted Gigatrack. Now I've got Gold on everything up to Extreme and 0 faulted everything up to the second set of Hard tracks.

I seem to be te highest ranked player on PA. As of last night, at least. Woot.

Is that true? I thought the faults pretty much set you in a separate "tier" for timing. If you have one fault, you can be a full minute faster than the guy with 0 faults, but he's still ahead of you on the leaderboards. Basically, you want 0 faults.

That's what I'm saying... I think... :lol:

Finishing a track at 2 faults and 50 seconds will put you ahead of a person who finished with 3 faults and 49 seconds.

That's what I'm saying... I think... :lol:

Finishing a track at 2 faults and 50 seconds will put you ahead of a person who finished with 3 faults and 49 seconds.

Ok, but finishing a track at 2 faults and 50 seconds will also put you ahead of a person who finished with 3 faults and 30 seconds. Your wording makes it sounds like 1 fault is a 1 second penalty. 1 fault disqualifies you for timing with others who don't have the fault.

Yeah... I think i get it.
    I was just a little annoyed when i had a flawless run at 1 Min, and tried to better it. Ended up bailing twice but got 45 seconds and finished anyway, and it booted my old score out to my dismay.

Then i had to redo it because i hate having faults on my track record!

Witchsight.png
    Ohhhhh

Yeah, I was just using a base example. Fewer faults beat out faster times.

0 faults 1 minute is better than 3 faults 25 seconds.

• ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    I just wanted to say that i didn't think it could get better than Trials HD, and this game proved me wrong. It's amazing.

• musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    Sweet. 0 faulted Gigatrack. Now I've got Gold on everything up to Extreme and 0 faulted everything up to the second set of Hard tracks.

I think I have platinum on all the tracks (maybe one) in the first two tiers of maps if you'd actually like to race. musanman08

sic2sig.jpg
    musanman wrote: »

I think I have platinum on all the tracks (maybe one) in the first two tiers of maps if you'd actually like to race. musanman08

Nice. I'll add you when I get home from work, and then it's on.

Woot, all Extreme tracks done. 132 faults, 6:59:883 on Inferno 3. Silver!

Time to go back and go for some Plats now.

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Way of the Ninja is a super fun Extreme track. It's filled with hard obstacles, but you dont run into that near impossible part that you spend 250 faults and 15 minutes at.

quovadis13 on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    So how is this game if you don't have Xbox Live?

• hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    It's like Trials HD but better, pretty much. I'm sure the multiplayer is sweet, but if you just pretend it's not there it's still a huge improvement over the original, so I think it's worth it.

• jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    Non-existent!
    You have to actually download it from live. It isn't sold on brick&stone stores.

I don't personally have any friend who own this game and it's still really fun to compete against yourself.
    I've tried some of the online game-modes and fan-made tracks, but they're just mostly okayish filler.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
    edited April 2012
    Sorry, I mean if you don't have Xbox Live Gold. I have a connection, just not a paid-for account anymore.

edit: Actually, would I have access to the player-made tracks?

UEAKCrash on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    not sure on custom maps, but i think silver members can still see leaderboards/ghosts.

edited April 2012
    Yep, I picked this up. If anyone wants to add me, feel free. I wouldn't mind some more ghosts kicking my ass.

UEAK LSN Crash

UEAKCrash on
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Yep, I picked this up. If anyone wants to add me, feel free. I wouldn't mind some more ghosts kicking my ass.

UEAK LSN Crash

Added you.
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Way of the Ninja is a super fun Extreme track. It's filled with hard obstacles, but you dont run into that near impossible part that you spend 250 faults and 15 minutes at.

YES! Way of the Ninja is pretty freaking fantastic. I can see myself replaying that one a lot. Speaking of Extreme tracks, the only one I've still got bronze on is Dark City Run. Everything else is silver or gold, and I'm so close to silver on DCR. I can get past that spot pretty easily, but it's the jump up the side of the building right after that gives me trouble.

• musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    finally completed platinum on the first two tiers, sunset stripped and ridinghood took a lot longer than the others.

I don't have to worry about sewage plant, as I already got that trying to beat my little brother (but his is completely bullshit)...so I have 3/12 done in the 3rd tier so far...I think I should take a break

sic2sig.jpg
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Sorry, I mean if you don't have Xbox Live Gold. I have a connection, just not a paid-for account anymore.

edit: Actually, would I have access to the player-made tracks?

I guess you've figured this out now, but yeah you get access to community tracks on silver.

In other news I am terrible at this game, but add ecksys on XBL if you would like to feel better about yourself.