As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Legend of Korra: PANIC!!!! Episode 4 Is Uploaded!!!!

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    anti, watch yugioh

its very DEep

Used to

It sucks

And all I've heard about summer wars says its the digimon movie with new music and different animation

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    eff you, anti, yugoh rules

eff you, anti, yugoh rules

And you mock me for transformers

Amazing

you haven't even really seen yugioh

not the real stuff

Baka I read the manga stories that weren't even turned into translated episodes of the anime

I learned about clock solitaire thanks to it

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Clock solitaire is awesome.

Yugi isn't though.

Quire.jpg
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    anti, watch yugioh

its very DEep

don't be retarded. Just as in any medium, there's huge amounts of shit.
    It's like people saying "Nah man, TV sucks. Look at Jersey Shore! I'm not going to watch Band of Brothers"

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    When I was in middle school/some of high school, I saw anime as THE BEST format. Everything should be anime.
    Now that I'm older, its just a different way to tell a story. American animation, anime, movies, song, books, comics, manga. All of them are basically the same thing, just presented differently.

anti, watch yugioh

its very DEep

It's like people saying "Nah man, TV sucks. Look at Jersey Shore! I'm not going to watch Band of Brothers"
    I wasn't making some point about anime, I was just kidding anti

Wally man, you and me. You and me.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    anti, watch yugioh

its very DEep

I wasn't making some point about anime, I was just kidding anti

All is well then!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Wally man, you and me. You and me.

like this

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Antimatter wrote: »
    anti, watch yugioh

its very DEep

Used to

It sucks

And all I've heard about summer wars says its the digimon movie with new music and different animation

That, and it's got a great little romance story and a cast full of lovable characters.

In-depth characters is not a thing Digimon is really known for.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Paprika is based on the same short story inception is based on. It's by Satoshi Kon, too. It's mind blowing and I haven't found really much in any medium that does what it does.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    I remember the trailer for Paprika and I though "holy balls that looks awesome" then forgot to ever watch it.

Paprika is based on the same short story inception is based on. It's by Satoshi Kon, too. It's mind blowing and I haven't found really much in any medium that does what it does.

Huh, ok.

Bucketman wrote: »
    I remember the trailer for Paprika and I though "holy balls that looks awesome" then forgot to ever watch it.
    The opening scene is on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMfjMdY0t1k

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    And that is really just the beginning, not in the technical sense, but in terms of what the movie does and where it goes. I recommend it!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Makorralin

did I read that right

incestuous threesome

They just love the same gal, they don't have to touch weiners

well

not all the time

2x39jD4.jpg
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    anti, watch yugioh

its very DEep

Used to

It sucks

the first arc was cool with pegasus and shit

i didn't care once they got to the next arc

lfYVHTd.png
    Using the avatar thread for anime talk

shame on all of you

gonna make munkus and skull man come back in here and go another 10 rounds, make you appreciate how good you have it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

shame on all of you

gonna make munkus and skull man come back in here and go another 10 rounds, make you appreciate how good you have it

No. Please. The D+D thread is bad enough. Arguing about Police corruption based on I assume there being organized crime(in a city no less!) in korra. also How Amon is completely right and justified because he's attacking criminals and that'll never change.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Clearly, Asami and Korra are the OTP here. I mean, why else would Korra's best friend (up until this point) be a female Polar Bear-Dog? She has no need for men, other than to learn Airbending.

sig.gif

shame on all of you

No. Please. The D+D thread is bad enough. Arguing about Police corruption based on I assume there being organized crime(in a city no less!) in korra. also How Amon is completely right and justified because he's attacking criminals and that'll never change.
    Yeah that thread got ridiculous fast and stayed there proudly

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

shame on all of you

Yeah that thread got ridiculous fast and stayed there proudly

Pretty much. The arguments being thrown around are basically using facts someone made up because neither show has ever stated some of the things they are saying.

Also apparently it's impossible that Zuko would ever tell anyone how to redirect lightning. it makes no sense.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    It seems like sharing knowledge was a thing that happened when the war ended

Some kind of golden age that allowed for so much rapid development and for benders to learn a lot from each other that might have been jealously guarded before

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    yugioh stopped being remotely interesting once they tightened up the rules and you were just actually watching two nerds play a TCG

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Is this what avatar would be like with guns?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrn5xhdLu_4

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I hope that if we see an image of adult Sokka
    that he has grown an actual Wang Fire beard

of course he has

look at Tenzin

Beards
    Zuko needs to have Iroh's beard. Not literally, since that'd be gross.

sig.gif
    probably not

my guess is mutton chops will be out of style in the 1920s, as opposed to the 1850s setting of TLA

Skull Man wrote: »
    probably not

my guess is mutton chops will be out of style in the 1920s, as opposed to the 1850s setting of TLA
    Counterpoint.
    Zuko.

sig.gif
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    probably not

Counterpoint.
    Zuko.

"You must look within your beard, to FIND your beard. Only then will your true beard, reveal its beard!"

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    probably not

He's royalty. Why would he care what's in style for the commoners?

I do hope to see him try to perpetuate his uncle's love of tea but not be as good with it. Kind of like how in Batman Beyond Bruce has learned to make crumpets and fill in other roles in Alfred's absence.

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    Is this what avatar would be like with guns?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrn5xhdLu_4

That's pretty well done.

BLM - ACAB
    I feel like korra's second encounter with the equalist barker is being misrepresented!
    She didn't just walk up and manhandle a dude for no reason, she hoisted him high (with but one of her mighty arms, mind you) and smashed his table because he is the only tangible link she has to a group that kidnapped her friend

In the first episode she was knocked off balance by the idea of benders as oppressors, which is something she never encountered or considered while being stuck in avatar training camp, and she left him alone instead of unholstering her guns because she's not a dick

2x39jD4.jpg
    Joolander wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »
    probably not

Counterpoint.
    Zuko.

"You must look within your beard, to FIND your beard. Only then will your true beard, reveal its beard!"
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=/watch?v=_yVPewAybZw&v=_yVPewAybZw&gl=US

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I feel like korra's second encounter with the equalist barker is being misrepresented!
    She didn't just walk up and manhandle a dude for no reason, she hoisted him high (with but one of her mighty arms, mind you) and smashed his table because he is the only tangible link she has to a group that kidnapped her friend

In the first episode she was knocked off balance by the idea of benders as oppressors, which is something she never encountered or considered while being stuck in avatar training camp, and she left him alone instead of unholstering her guns because she's not a dick

True, and the
    Only time she did any bending was to toss the table with earthbending. Which could have been done with simply lifting it over as a non-bender. Anyone, bender or not, could have done the same thing as she did since it didn't involve bending.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
This discussion has been closed.