As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Parking?

HolyHesusHolyHesus Registered User regular
edited August 2006 in PAX Archive
How is the parking if you arn't staying in a hotel? Is it first come first serve around the Meydenbauer? Or do they have some huge parking garage?

HolyHesus on

• Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    There are several different parking garages around that area, all within just a few blocks. You don't have to worry about it.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    Yeah, parking at the Maydenbauer was plentiful at $15 per day last year. As I lived nearby, I didn't have a hotel. I just had some people that I met there register my car with their hotel room so I could use the hotel parking lot. :P

Doc on
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I stayed at the doubletree last year, and there was plenty of parking. And it was easly within walking distance.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I just parked down the street at some mexican restaurant...

duderdude2 on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    duderdude2 wrote:

AZTECA.. maybe..

HolyHesus on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2006
    spydey wrote:
    I stayed at the doubletree last year, and there was plenty of parking. And it was easly within walking distance.

Yes, easily within walking distance if you like walking UPHILL AT A 45 DEGREE ANGLE!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    I parked at Bellevue Square and walked from there.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Ghost_37Ghost_37 Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Good to hear theres ample parking. my hotel is right off i90 5miles from the show so ill have to drive.

Ghost_37 on
    ghost37sig.jpg
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    You know what I did last year? I just drove right into the Meydenbaur about 30 mins after the doors opened for the pre-registrants. I parked within 20 feet of the elevator, took out my PC gear, and rode the elevator up to the BYOC room. I didn't even have to wait in a line. I just made sure I had my badge on so they'd let me in. It felt like my own, private VIP entrance.

Yeah, it costs some money, but it was worth it. Especially since I had my PC with me.

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited August 2006
    Don't be like that mang.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    Ghost_37 wrote:
    Good to hear theres ample parking. my hotel is right off i90 5miles from the show so ill have to drive.

Jesus, why'd you get a hotel so far away?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I can just park in the Civica building a couple of blocks away for free as I still have an office there.

Weaver on
  • Options
    duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    HolyHesus wrote:
    duderdude2 wrote:

AZTECA.. maybe..

That'd be it. I might have to buy a meal there this year to compensate.

duderdude2 on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2006
    The Geek wrote:
    I parked at Bellevue Square and walked from there.
    Hmm how far away is it form Bellevue Square?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    when youare parking at bellevue square/azteca i assume this isn't over night.. right?

HolyHesus on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    If you park at azteca dont be suprised if you get towed...

That CUSTOMER PARKING ONLY sign is there for a reason.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    spydey wrote:

Yes, easily within walking distance if you like walking UPHILL AT A 45 DEGREE ANGLE!

Are you that out of shape? I thought it was a nice walk, and not too steep at all. It was convenient because the hotel I was staying was also hosting another con I was going to, however MUCH smaller than PAX; Dragonflight, and kept me busy at night when PAX was done for the evening.

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2006
    Accalon wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    spydey wrote:

Are you that out of shape? I thought it was a nice walk, and not too steep at all. It was convenient because the hotel I was staying was also hosting another con I was going to, however MUCH smaller than PAX; Dragonflight, and kept me busy at night when PAX was done for the evening.

Dude, I live on a great lake, our land is either flat or almost flat. We don't walk at an uphill angle all like that out here. It's just not geographically possible.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    AerophisAerophis Gamer Dad Issaquah WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I highly recommend parking at Bellesquare mall. It's not "that" far away, you won't have to pay a dime, and you'll see lots of good places to hit for lunch on your walk to Meydenbauer. Plus you won't have to worry about being towed.

Aerophis on