As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Fucking Paultards

the most amazing class of people on the planet.

so much potential. squandered.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Friend, on Facebook: "Are there any Republican Presidential candidates who supported gay marriage or abortion rights?"

First response: "Ron Paul."

you fucking stoner

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    ohhhh TCA is trichloroanisole

Heh heh heh ... "anis".

"Dr. Cullens over in bioresearch was supposed to pick me up from the airport, but didn't. No phone call, no nothing. He's a real chloroanisole."

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Fucking Paultards

Yep

What did they do this time?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    cutting one frame out of 24 might be unnoticeable, but there is a huge observable difference between 30 and 60

or 24 and 48

just ask anybody whos ever played a vidya game

although some people dont notice / arent bothered by it

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the bible says tap-to-mouth is the only moral manner of imbibing box wine. I will literally kill for this belief, as my father did before me, and his father before him

Why you have Belief
    Why not Aeliefs?

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    so, Monte Cook is leaving the development team of Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition

Is he going to make his own game? Because I'd play that.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I want to run a forum game where each player is one little unit/squad on a hex, kind of memoir44-style.

I've had this in the back of my mind for months and just need to draw some units and figure out something besides random number range + modifier vs. static defense as the combat mechanic.

Each team would submit their turn on alternating days, like how Mafia/Werewolf players submit a vote every day.

The theory is that simple mechanics + social environment conducive to strategizing, shit-shooting, and smacktalk = entertainment.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    why you eddy

not addy?

[addy is slang for adderall]
    [explaining the joke kills it]
    [oh god]

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    so, Monte Cook is leaving the development team of Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition

some of you will give zero fucks about this news item since you don't know who Cook is or why you should care

but i'm really happy

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2012

some of you will give zero fucks about this news item since you don't know who Cook is or why you should care

but i'm really happy

I play Pathfinder and enjoyed 3.5, but he seems like a total fuckwit.

Vanguard on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    so like, i know i've been harping on this but i did the math and my biggest raise in my 3 years here is 3.3% That is horrible.

• Options
    _J_ wrote: »

True statement is true.

Tautological cat is self-evident.

• Options

but i'm really happy

Yes, this was mentioned in chat yesterday and resonated with some but not all. It must be a big development in the world of dice and snack-powered gaming.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

True statement is true.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    sry pony ur so 2 thousand and late on this news

but its k i 4give u

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am about to be lazy and play Arkham City instead of working on a short paper for grad school. But ugh, I had a shit day yesterday and was doing work on stuff till 9 pm or so. So fuck it, this morning is mine.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

but i'm really happy

Honestly, I have yet to go anywhere where the reaction has been anything less than jubilant.

Though I haven't peeked in on, like, Dragon'sfoot.

• Options
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    TCA?
    TCA is a compound that causes wines to have that moldy-wet-cardboard taste and smell. Sometimes it is super obvious but sometimes it is so subtle that it's not clear that TCA is undermining the flavor and the wine just seems bad in a vague way.

Real corks cleaned with chlorine are a big cause of it.

Synthetic 4 lyfe
    I am surprised that after a zillion years of winemaking it still afflicts as much as a bottle per case. Sounds like you guys need some Six Sigma up ins 8->
    Winemakers are as bad as Republicans when it comes to change. Synthetic really is the way to go (I'm just giving desc shit).

I'm surprised they don't insist it still be made by slave labor. :bz

Let's be honest about central California, Mexicans, and agricultural labor

Very little has changed about how these millionaires do this business

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Can someone give me the rundown on why I shouldn't like Monte Cook and how his no longer contributing to D&D Fifth edition is a good thing?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options

True statement is true.

Time-travling post shall have been made.

• Options

True statement is true.

Time-travling post shall have been made.

We hold these true posts to be self-evident.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    My update to the above
    gotvpotus2.jpg

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    so like, i know i've been harping on this but i did the math and my biggest raise in my 3 years here is 3.3% That is horrible.

But think of all the non-monetary renumeration, like happiness and respect that your bosses have doubtlessly given you

• Options
    I hadn't heard this monte cook news

Excellent

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I hadn't heard this monte cook news

Excellent

I guess his roll for initiative failed.

• Options
    i love how english has this really cool tense system

past simple
    past perfect
    past simple continuous
    past perfect continuous

present simple
    present perfect
    present simple continuous
    present perfect continuous

future simple
    future perfect
    future simple continuous
    future perfect continuous

when i was taught these originally i was given the latin and greek names which obscure the simplicity of it

aorist fuk dat

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Can someone give me the rundown on why I shouldn't like Monte Cook and how his no longer contributing to D&D Fifth edition is a good thing?

He has an unshakable faith that you can balance elements in a game by making things weak/shitty now in comparison to being awesome later and vice versa. This has yet to work; in a social environment and over the timescale that RPGs are played (months if not years) it leads to people sitting around not being able to contribute to the game for the slim promise that they might be able to turn the tables and make everyone else useless later.

He also deliberately seeds designs with traps for the unwary - options that seem good but aren't. The theory is that this separates the l33t from the noobs. My feeling is that this is retarded and kind of hateful.

• Options
    I will be incapable of being excited about 5E because I haven't even gotten to for-really-real play Gamma World 4E yet and Gamma World is :whistle: aaweesoomee :whistle:

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Jacob could you give an example of one such trap?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Neil Degrasse Tyson was so bad ass on the Daily Show yesterday.

Like seriously, that was cool.

6:45 his bit start

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-april-25-2012/space-innovators
    Its like the nerd version of walking away from an explosion, slam down a finished Rubik's Cube and walk way.

• Options
    I'm going to present the thanatos rebuttal: that hate makes you strong

• Options
    I will be incapable of being excited about 5E because I haven't even gotten to for-really-real play Gamma World 4E yet and Gamma World is :whistle: aaweesoomee :whistle:

Gamma World is so goddamned good

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    cutting one frame out of 24 might be unnoticeable, but there is a huge observable difference between 30 and 60

or 24 and 48

just ask anybody whos ever played a vidya game

although some people dont notice / arent bothered by it

The comparison between video games and movies isn't a very good one. Regardless of graphical quality advances video games are really more analogous to cartoons. Cartoons suffer considerably less from the higher frame rate effects btw.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I want to run a forum game where each player is one little unit/squad on a hex, kind of memoir44-style.

I've had this in the back of my mind for months and just need to draw some units and figure out something besides random number range + modifier vs. static defense as the combat mechanic.

Each team would submit their turn on alternating days, like how Mafia/Werewolf players submit a vote every day.

The theory is that simple mechanics + social environment conducive to strategizing, shit-shooting, and smacktalk = entertainment.

Have you looked into the [Phalla] stuff that goes on in CF, I don't remember if I ever saw you play there, but it was good fun in the old days when I did. Check out all the stuff that Infidel and Mr. Blarney do, especially [phalla] royale. It'd be very much up your alley I imagine and those dudes have done some crazy awesome stuff.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    I bought some D&D books once
    and stared at them

But teddy bears don't make good D&D Players

so I wept.

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    He also deliberately seeds designs with traps for the unwary - options that seem good but aren't. The theory is that this separates the l33t from the noobs. My feeling is that this is retarded and kind of hateful.

If you have the book right there, and can discern what the consequences of a design shall be, then in what sense is it a trap?

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    i love how english has this really cool tense system

past simple
    past perfect
    past simple continuous
    past perfect continuous

present simple
    present perfect
    present simple continuous
    present perfect continuous

future simple
    future perfect
    future simple continuous
    future perfect continuous

when i was taught these originally i was given the latin and greek names which obscure the simplicity of it

aorist fuk dat

If I were more pedantic, I'd probably nitpick here

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    (Though desc technically it is Gamma World like 7 or 8e, the GM editions don't really track with D&D :bz )

This discussion has been closed.