As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat]!

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I love how there's been this resurgence of interest in Twin Peaks recently.

I figure it's because of the DVD re-release a few years back (2007?) and now Netflix.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Five finals inbound. Tick fucking Tock.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    mrflippy wrote: »
    The gf and I started watching Twin Peaks a couple of nights ago. For some reason I wasn't expecting it to get weird so quickly, but I probably should have been.

It gets weirder.
    bob2.jpg

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Ugh, fucking vanilla.

I SAID. I figured out the who the killer was midway through season 1.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    i think i actually graduate a year from now.

whoa

I graduate in two weeks barring any massive fuck ups. Enjoy the cushion of a year because those final two weeks are like hell on earth.

o_O

Oh, Mim. You so dramatic.

I'm not dramatic. In my situation, I just have a massive onslaught of work ahead of me while also needing to set up appointments with school counselors and invite people to graduation without pissing people off.

Adding to the fact that I am increasingly becoming lazier and have been sleeping more than I ought to be because that's my way of escaping stress, it's hell on earth!

*pinches Mim*

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    i love calling people dinguses

292.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

feral please just post that picture in there over and over

• mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I love how there's been this resurgence of interest in Twin Peaks recently.

I figure it's because of the DVD re-release a few years back (2007?) and now Netflix.
    Yeah, we're watching it on Netflix.

whoa

I graduate in two weeks barring any massive fuck ups. Enjoy the cushion of a year because those final two weeks are like hell on earth.

o_O

I'm not dramatic. In my situation, I just have a massive onslaught of work ahead of me while also needing to set up appointments with school counselors and invite people to graduation without pissing people off.

Adding to the fact that I am increasingly becoming lazier and have been sleeping more than I ought to be because that's my way of escaping stress, it's hell on earth!

*pinches Mim*

Why you pinching me? I just passed my karate final, don't get your arm broke.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    I just could not get into M&M.

It feels very unsuperheroic and very d20.

I always enjoyed Aberrant as far as superhero RPGs are concerned. Rolling a massive 15d10 really makes your character feel powerful.

I CRUSH THE ENEMY UNDER A PILE OF POLYHEDRONS

KNEEL BEFORE MY MIGHT, EVIL DOERS

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    the 4e DMG has a pretty insightful chapter on RPG gamer types (based on Robin Laws' work) and how to cater to them effectively and defuse conflicts that arise. it acknowledges, for instance, the Lurker, the dude or lady who is largely there because their friends are rather than because they want to play D&D, and has some good tips for how to keep them engaged while recognizing that their engagement likely has a ceiling.

naturally this chapter was angrily called out by many reviewers as being stupid new-school hippie gay bullshit

That sounds interesting. I have a copy of the 4e DMG at home. I should read that.

The 4E DMGs are both pretty great books. Almost nobody seems to have read either of them.

In about 20 minutes I will become the new Entomology representative to the graduate student association

Soon my career in politics will begin

first, the graduate student senate

next, the world

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    And Pony, some of the fight slowness last night was neophyte characters who were holding back against a group of idiots.

some of it, like the Toughness issue, comes up in all M&M games

the Toughness mechanic is REALLY WONKY and needs to be looked at with a hard eye

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

whoa

o_O

*pinches Mim*

*pinches Mim while wearing heavy suit of armor*

ymo1o.jpg

SanderJK wrote: »
    MMO theorycraft comes mostly from the very fine tuning dungeons in MMOs have.
    If you have a suboptimal build, you may endanger the goal for the entire team.

Shit, during my hightier WoW days you'd actually play with mods that predicted your latency in order to autocancel the current cast and start the next, to do more damage.

madness

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    On the earlier subject of framerate: check this out. Comparison of 15, 30 and 60 fps in Flash animations.

Some people insist that the 60 fps cube actually spins more than the others.

edited April 2012

Shit, during my hightier WoW days you'd actually play with mods that predicted your latency in order to autocancel the current cast and start the next, to do more damage.

Back in my EQ days, we had to cast all of our spells by hand and remember when spells were going to wear off. None of this addon nonsense. I hear you guys don't even lose experience for dying anymore either.

mrflippy on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    In about 20 minutes I will become the new Entomology representative to the graduate student association

Soon my career in politics will begin

first, the graduate student senate

next, the world

and let's hear from the bug representative

haha just kidding no one cares about your opinion, nerd

whoa

o_O

*pinches Mim*

*pinches Mim while wearing heavy suit of armor*

That won't save you.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    @Mim

I graduate too! I have this terrible anxiety that somehow I am going to fuck it all up and ruin my grad school plans. I don't think I'm anywhere close to that but I feel so terrified.

My mom wants me to go to grad school. I will only go if I find something I can really sink my teeth into and not a second before.

Until then, gotta find a job.

find a job for me, meem, so I can go to grad school

Oh man, you mean time traveling posts in the forum.

I was about to make up some story about me traveling through time or something.

@Mim

I graduate too! I have this terrible anxiety that somehow I am going to fuck it all up and ruin my grad school plans. I don't think I'm anywhere close to that but I feel so terrified.

My mom wants me to go to grad school. I will only go if I find something I can really sink my teeth into and not a second before.

Until then, gotta find a job.

find a job for me, meem, so I can go to grad school

I'll find you one after I find myself one.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    if White Wolf had released an updated version of Aberrant that took upon it all the revisions of nWoD's system (like the elimination of Soak mechanics, for example)

then I would've happily used that instead of M&M for my superhero game

I even tried several different methods of doing a conversion or inspired-adaptation myself, doing everything from trying to straight convert it to jiggering Mage to work to whatever

it became too frustrating and i eventualyl said fuck it

and used M&M

it was a shitty compromise

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    And Pony, some of the fight slowness last night was neophyte characters who were holding back against a group of idiots.

some of it, like the Toughness issue, comes up in all M&M games

the Toughness mechanic is REALLY WONKY and needs to be looked at with a hard eye

Toughness makes sense in a four color campaign where your gonna be punching people through buildings and it doesn't even really faze the character. For more gritty campaigns the solution I'd look at is making the toughness save Attack PL + 20 rather then +15. It means high toughness characters will take bruises more often but shrug off dazes and stuns. And low toughness characters will splatter if the dice don't go their way.

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Pony wrote: »
    if White Wolf had released an updated version of Aberrant that took upon it all the revisions of nWoD's system (like the elimination of Soak mechanics, for example)

then I would've happily used that instead of M&M for my superhero game

I even tried several different methods of doing a conversion or inspired-adaptation myself, doing everything from trying to straight convert it to jiggering Mage to work to whatever

it became too frustrating and i eventualyl said fuck it

and used M&M

it was a shitty compromise

I'd definitely love to see a revival of that universe in general. Trinity had a great setting, IMHO. Oh well.

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

Back in my EQ days, we had to cast all of our spells by hand and remember when spells were going to wear off. None of this addon nonsense. I hear you guys don't even lose experience for dying anymore either.

when you wanted to regen mana you'd actually have to read your spell book

• Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Oh man, you mean time traveling posts in the forum.

I was about to make up some story about me traveling through time or something.

Same here. Do yours end up with you waking up in a seedy Motel 6 with a sore butthole too?

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    HEY NERDS

WHATS UP

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    So who was in charge of telling me that The Diamond Age is fucking heartbreaking?

YOU FAILED IN YOUR DUTIES.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    HEY NERDS

WHATS UP

I have decided that Hecarim looks fun.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    HEY NERDS

WHATS UP

It had better be your plan to go see some damn free films.

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I've got an internet reseller on the phone, trouble shooting one of our lines that one of their clients uses. I'm on hold and the telephone music is Weird Al's Achy Breaky Song.

Oh Em Gee.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I keep dreaming about people from Brampton. And then I think about them all day. And then I dream about them some more.

It's getting kind of annoying.

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    hecarim is so fun because of all the horse puns

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So who was in charge of telling me that The Diamond Age is fucking heartbreaking?

YOU FAILED IN YOUR DUTIES.
    Hey, DK, just to warn you, Diamond Age is pretty fucking heartbreaking.

Did you not read my warning?

Arch wrote: »
    i meant in the threeaaaaaad

okay fine happy now

• Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    I keep dreaming about people from Brampton. And then I think about them all day. And then I dream about them some more.

It's getting kind of annoying.

Canadians are pretty dreamy.

This discussion has been closed.