As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Firefall] Borderlands, Halo, Tribes, and Starship Troopers Had a Baby

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    New intro movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3oai5Vx6Ns

So... the Melding caused by a failed FTL experiment?

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I got the thing working, for now. Is there any way to chat with you peoples in game?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I uninstalled this.

Right now I just don't think it's ready for public beta testing. There's potential, so I may come back in a couple of months.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I got the thing working, for now. Is there any way to chat with you peoples in game?

You can /w people, but I don't think you can make your own channels outside of grouping up.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I've kept it installed and poke in from time to time because they are actually testing instead of giving out a demo.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I logged in today. My character started in an area I don't recall ever seeing before so I restarted to get back to the starting city.

I just can't see myself giving this any further time unless they achieve something miraculous.

Even the armor turns me off. I just can't keep looking at those boots.

• Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Echo wrote: »
    New intro movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3oai5Vx6Ns

So... the Melding caused by a failed FTL experiment?

Actually looks like the Arclight crash is what is keeping the Melding off the one safe area so far, the Crash site is where the game takes place currently. You can actually see the crashed Arclight on your map, it is way out in the Ocean though and the only way to get to it is currently a Glitch, not that it has much it is just a shell right now.

Who-Psyd on
  • November FifthNovember Fifth Registered User regular
    I would get that far, but the thumper would never actually be deployed

Well, its working now. Weird.

I was able to get a thumper working by logging and restarting.

Unfortunately now I am supposed to build another hammer, but I don't have enough coralite and have no idea where to get anymore.

They really need to streamline the intro to the resource gathering and crafting system before they do anything else. The UI needs some tweaking too.

It's frustrating since the basic shooting and moving around in the environment is pretty neat.

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    I would get that far, but the thumper would never actually be deployed

Well, its working now. Weird.

I was able to get a thumper working by logging and restarting.

Unfortunately now I am supposed to build another hammer, but I don't have enough coralite and have no idea where to get anymore.

They really need to streamline the intro to the resource gathering and crafting system before they do anything else. The UI needs some tweaking too.

It's frustrating since the basic shooting and moving around in the environment is pretty neat.
    craft or buy some Sonic Grenades (call down vendor near crafting station in Copa sells them pretty cheap) use them on those Coralite nodes from earlier in the quest chain

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Hadn't logged in for a week or so. Wow they upped the Chosen's lethality!

Engineers are easy to level. Just throw down a turret overlooking a popular thumping site, do whatever, and the experience comes trickling in. Got to level 4 in under two hours.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    They ought to change that to such that you don't get exp for anything your turret kills unless you also hit it.

• Comrade1809Comrade1809 Registered User regular
    That's not the best thing they can do. That means they will have to implement a "tag" program for all mobs, and that will cause chaos for everyone.

EVE: TrueAnger

“The trouble with Communism is the Communists, just as the trouble with Christianity is the Christians.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

“This Snow Crash thing--is it a virus, a drug, or a religion?”
    Juanita shrugs. “What's the difference?”
    ― Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    More importantly what does it matter?

Level 4 in just under two hours isn't actually all that fast, you could get that just by playing normally, and you'd probably have more resources to show for it.

It's not really all that crazy abusive, honestly.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Phobos (Firefall comm. manager) posted this today:

Hey folks,

As most of you know, we usually release patches on Wednesdays of every week. This week however brings with it a pretty major patch. Not only did we branch our internal build to add in all the new features and bug fixes that we've been working on for the last six weeks, but we also did a bug bash on Friday that cleared over 100 bugs from our bug database.

All of this together has created a pretty tough situation for our QA team and development team to get the patch out in time for Wednesday. Rather than risk releasing a build that hasn't been thoroughly tested, we are going to delay the patch by one day and plan to release on Thursday.

I am sorry for the delay. We try very hard to stick to a weekly release cycle, but sometimes it just doesn't work out the way we want it to. After we get this patch out the door, we will review what we could have done to make the process go more smoothly for future patches.

Thank you.

Hmm. We don't know what the "new features" are yet, right?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Hopefully they get around to patching a game in there somewhere.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    So, this thread was made a little over two years ago.

Worth trying yet?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It's definitely worth trying, because there is the foundation there for a fun game.

It's not really worth playing right now however, because there just isn't much of anything there yet.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'm Praxilla once the patch goes live.

Weaver on
  • El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    I know it's just the premise for a video game, but the idea that really smart people who are capable of inventing FTL travel would be so reckless as to try it the first time while in low Earth orbit is just silly. "Orbital drive" LOL

Is the game fun yet?

Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Patch is up. Friends list now implemented. I am same name in game.

http://www.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/patch-notes-for-thursday-april-26th.34281/

Oh nice. I'm "iolo" over there.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    The actual patch still isn't "live" yet. When it does, it will be about 3 gig download.

It has aroused my ire that clicking the youtube video link in the launcher started Internet Explorer.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    It has aroused my ire that clicking the youtube video link in the launcher started Internet Explorer.

I hate that shit.

Look. Devs. Just call the http:// protocol and let the operating system sort it out.

Patch is live. Downloading it now.

I had a really good thumping team going, too. At least now I can put people on a friends list.

Oh man the game is way prettier now.

Will the default high graphics settings relentlessly crash my game still?

No idea. I run everything at ultra-high.

All the lizards got a graphicsl boost, a d the new spitting one is the business.

Finally was able to kit out my engineer with turret and repair station. Feeling a lot morr self sufficient. Also feels like gear and templates are dropping more often.

How do we access the friend list? I received and accepted friend invites from Viking and Dirtyboy literally four times in less than an hour.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Iolo wrote: »
    All the lizards got a graphicsl boost, a d the new spitting one is the business.

Finally was able to kit out my engineer with turret and repair station. Feeling a lot morr self sufficient. Also feels like gear and templates are dropping more often.

How do we access the friend list? I received and accepted friend invites from Viking and Dirtyboy literally four times in less than an hour.

Press "O" to bring up the social menu, use mousewheel or up/down arrow to scroll to "view friends list"

Looks like everyone currently in beta got two more invites to give out.

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    Guess I'll beg for a invite then. Anyone here have a spare invite they would mind giving to me?

• SudsSuds Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Looks like everyone currently in beta got two more invites to give out.

Anyone got a spare?

camo_sig2.png
    Zandracon and Suds PM me your emails and I'll hook you guys up.

Rad

camo_sig2.png
    You're the best @Dirtyboy

camo_sig2.png
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular

Suds wrote: »
    You're the best @Dirtyboy
    Also the dirtiest. :winky:

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/