As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

D'aww [chat]

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    i lost thirty pounds and was delighted that people thought I was more competent

That's not the way it should be. It's not right. I am glad I'm getting more respect but it's REALLY fucked up.

I'm right with you. I recently lost 50 pounds and I'm trying not to get super pissed off about it.

If your tone is mocking, you're being disingenuous and mischaracterizing my resentment. If you're not I hope you mean you're pissed to find out how shallow people are.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2012
    I think I found us a client!

i'll be pumping out 20 erotic short stories per annum

i expect an unending supply of deviled eggs in my trailer

also, you

Organichu on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    at all.

time traveling posts

I don't like these

emnmnme on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Skippy what if you were fat and a girl didn't like you or treated you crappy. Then you got handsome and she wanted to be your girlfriend. Would you be happy about that?

yes!

You're awful.

Not awful, just shallow

the shallowest

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I hope that the time travelling posts are training our brains to be more effective at catching temporal anomalies.

Caveman Paws on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

That's not the way it should be. It's not right. I am glad I'm getting more respect but it's REALLY fucked up.

I'm right with you. I recently lost 50 pounds and I'm trying not to get super pissed off about it.

If your tone is mocking, you're being disingenuous and mischaracterizing my resentment. If you're not I hope you mean you're pissed to find out how shallow people are.

Hahaha, yeah, that ambiguous sentence does sound like a joke. But no, seriously. I recently lost about 50 pounds and the countless ways I'm treated differently are taking a psychological toll on me.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    okay i figured everything out

instead of going dress shopping and taking dance lessons

i'll hurl myself out the window, hail a cab, and move to mexico

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

it's not as bad as the height thing

i mean at least it's conceivable that weight can be changed

height has a huge impact on the way people evaluate you

Fuck tall gleaming white teeth personality men. 9 times out of 10 they're fucking idiots. It's always the short ugly guy who actually gets shit done and that's who I want to talk to.

:(
    Don't feel bad, I'm sure plenty of people out there think you're ugly.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Skippy what if you were fat and a girl didn't like you or treated you crappy. Then you got handsome and she wanted to be your girlfriend. Would you be happy about that?

yes!

You're awful.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    The point is that relationships that stem from the internet are the most real relationships because they're not based on looks. Unless you're on a dating website, I guess.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i don't really blame ladies for not wanting someone as hideous as me

i wouldn't either

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

yes!

You're awful.

Not awful, just shallow

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I think I found us a client!

i'll be pumping out 20 erotic short stories per annum

i expect an unending supply of deviled eggs in my trailer

also, you

yessssss

it's this dude that takes adorable photos that are really smart and well done. i'll post him if we sign him (or if we dont)

ludious fwiw i totally get what you're saying

god damn it

they are doing all this really cool dot-work tattoos in germany

almost kinda pointillism

and nowhere else

rawr

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Passport?

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    this is like that time I murdered some people and everyone treated me differently

total bullshit

Were they fat people? Because murdering fat people isn't quite as bad as murdering normal people.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    ludious fwiw i totally get what you're saying

Of course you do because you've been there

i'm extremely vapid and self conscious of my appearance so anyone liking how I look ever is always amazing even if it's borne out of pretty awful circumstances

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I have no idea how my weight affects how people treat me because I have seen myself as fat my entire life and people have been dicks to me my entire life so ?????????????

I clicked on the link em

of course it would be whoopi

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Skippy, what if you were a competent black woman who couldn't get beyond the glass ceiling but then one day you dressed up as a white man and got all the respect and wealth you deserved? Would you like that? Would you like to watch a movie like that?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115580/

I'm old and know that is a whoopi Goldberg movie without even clicking the link.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    If I am being brutally honest here when I first see an overweight person my knee jerk reaction is to think less of them. This is basically the response that has been ingrained into me. Once I get past the kneejerk response I assess them based on them as an individual. But I'd be a liar if I said the kneejerk response wasn't there. And it's totally fucked up. But, I'm not sure what I can really do about it other than have the response and then think to myself "Hey, no, that's unfair, chill out brain."
    it's okay

i feel the same way about minorities

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    this is like that time I murdered some people and everyone treated me differently

total bullshit

Were they fat people? Because murdering fat people isn't quite as bad as murdering normal people.

But it does take longer.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    If I am being brutally honest here when I first see an overweight person my knee jerk reaction is to think less of them. This is basically the response that has been ingrained into me. Once I get past the kneejerk response I assess them based on them as an individual. But I'd be a liar if I said the kneejerk response wasn't there. And it's totally fucked up. But, I'm not sure what I can really do about it other than have the response and then think to myself "Hey, no, that's unfair, chill out brain."

total bullshit

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Skippy, what if you were a competent black woman who couldn't get beyond the glass ceiling but then one day you dressed up as a white man and got all the respect and wealth you deserved? Would you like that? Would you like to watch a movie like that?

emnmnme wrote: »

I would be like

HAHA YOU FUCKERS I AM RICH NOW

*speeds away in ferrari*

Thomamelas wrote: »

total bullshit

But it does take longer.

the mcdonalds method.

effective, but requires some heavy initial capital...

You didn't seriously compare being fat to being as revolting as being a murderer did you

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

have degrading sex with her and then never call her back

win-win

i want you to know that i laughed heartily at this

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

total bullshit

But it does take longer.

Moving the body takes more accessories

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

as a white man and getting all the respect and wealth I deserve,

edited April 2012

total bullshit

But it does take longer.

Moving the body takes more accessories

Would the police even investigate the crime?

By making these jokes we're deconstructing our bullying problem, right?

Eddy on

Passport?

I don't have a passport I'll just smuggle myself in a drug dealer's trunk

i mean, i love when someone thinks i look great (not that it happens all that often recently what with all the deviled eggs and yoo-hoo). it doesn't matter, intrinsically, how shallow it is: in that split second where a woman looks at me from across the bar, and i'm 'that hot guy at the bar', it's the best thing in the world. it's an intoxicating feeling.

In that split second where a woman looks at me from across the bar, I'm that guy who is standing between her and whatever it is she wants to look at.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

yes!

You're awful.

there is nothing wrong at all with a girl not being interested in a guy because he's fat. treating him crappy, yes, there's no justification, but like it or not, weight has a large role in attractiveness.

i mean it's not like she should date people to whom she is not attracted, right? that's absurd.

it would be nice if people didn't have to be physically attracted to have a relationship but in many cases it is absolutely necessary, and it's probably unfair to expect it when we ourselves do the same thing

Evil Multifarious on
    edited April 2012
    i mean, i love when someone thinks i look great (not that it happens all that often recently what with all the deviled eggs and yoo-hoo). it doesn't matter, intrinsically, how shallow it is: in that split second where a woman looks at me from across the bar, and i'm 'that hot guy at the bar', it's the best thing in the world. it's an intoxicating feeling.

but at the same time it is also infuriating. i spend the entire time i'm fat self-conscious, sucking in my gut, being careful not to sit up or stand down (where the inevitable 'jiggle' and 're-settling' occurs) until no one's looking, etc. and then i get thin and it's like oh hey, hello there my equal who deserves human respect.

meh.

shit's emotionally complicated. *shrug*

Organichu on
    You didn't seriously compare being fat to being as revolting as being a murderer did you

not seriously, no

I guess I don't really understand

to me, it's like if you are really boring and no one wants to invite you to parties

and then you read some books and learn some jokes and get interesting and suddenly you are the life of the party

cool! you improved yourself and people responded!

I would think this would be pleasing

This discussion has been closed.