As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Halfway Decent Hockey Thread that is BACK, BABY

• BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    That's it. I'm dead. This game has killed me.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    OH MY GOD

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I JUST SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF MY CAT, I AM SORRY CAT BUT I AM VERY EXCITED

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Borommakot wrote: »
    That's it. I'm dead. This game has killed me.

me too

we died

#pipe on
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Didn't the Devils lose to the Canes last year in the last minute of game 7?

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Wooo, Florida!

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    omigod my heart

LxX6eco.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    oh my god that save

Marty, kiss me.

oh noooooooooooooo overtime

we are the very worst overtime team :(

LxX6eco.jpg
    Jersey is pretty good in OT and really good in the shootout

anything can happen, though, as the last 15 minutes of this game have illustrated

.....where was the penalty?

LxX6eco.jpg
    well he swung his stick like an axe on the dude's wrist so

jesus christ i cant take this

LxX6eco.jpg
    holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

LxX6eco.jpg
    Ugh, I'm gonna throw up.

FUCK

LxX6eco.jpg
    YES!!!!

congratulations_red_white_blue_glitter.gif

Yay, Henrique for the GWG! Three devils goals, all scored by rookies!

• LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    For fuck's sake, Ottawa. You had it in your grasp again.

uuuuggggggghhhhhhhhhh

iwantanswers3.png
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I could not be happier to be playing the Devils. Sorry #pipe but the Devils area great matchup for the Flyers.

Peen on
    um

thanks? for apologising I guess?

The flyers and the devils have had 4 playoff series and each won two

and this season, they met 6 times and each won 3

it should be a good series!

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    any more hockey like this and my bowels will never unclinch

I meant sorry that your team's season is over. But I didn't want to say that, because it would be cocky and mean.

Bryz is 3-0 against the Devils with 2 shutouts and there's no way the Devils hang with the Flyers offensively.

I think you're failing to account for Marty Fucking Brodeur, Peen.

Also, as someone who didn't watch the Devils much, what happened to Adam Larsson? Did he get injured? I thought he was playing solidly, but didn't see him at all last night.

You mean the Martin Brodeur who posted the 11th best GAA and the 15th best save percentage in the first round? Against an offensively decent but not spectacular Panthers team? Marty's a top five goaltender of all time (IMHO) but I'm just not that intimidated by him right now.

Its true, completely.

But, if I had to rely on Bryz or Marty to steal 1 - 2 games of a series by standing on their head, I'd still go with Marty. That's what I was going for there.

• Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    You mean the Martin Brodeur who posted the 11th best GAA and the 15th best save percentage in the first round? Against an offensively decent but not spectacular Panthers team? Marty's a top five goaltender of all time (IMHO) but I'm just not that intimidated by him right now.

So you're going to compare Brodeur's first round playoff series against Bryz's regular season record against the Devils? That's not really fair, is it?

After that Pens series, I wouldn't be so confident in Bryzgalov's netminding if I were a Flyers fan... It's not like he had a spectacular first round.

Oh, also...

Let's go Rangers. Caps are going DOWN

Also, Devils are 2 for 2 on winning the cup when they beat the Flyers in the playoffs.

Just saying

I still want to see the Kings beat the Flyers in the Finals. Then watch Richards/Carter take the cup back to Temple.

Peen wrote: »

So you're going to compare Brodeur's first round playoff series against Bryz's regular season record against the Devils? That's not really fair, is it?

After that Pens series, I wouldn't be so confident in Bryzgalov's netminding if I were a Flyers fan... It's not like he had a spectacular first round.

I guess not, I just didn't have Brodeur's regular season record against the Flyers easily at hand. Looks like he gave up 3 goals twice, 2 goals once, and 1 once, going 1-3 overall. I still like it.

If the Devils beat the Flyers I will eat my hat. I'll livestream it.

It's hard for me, because the Flyers and the Devils are the only two teams I ever actively root against.

But if the Rangers take down the Caps, I like our chances against either. Rangers seem to have the Flyers' number this year, and we split with the Devils, but I feel like home ice would really help against them. Gonna be an interesting round 2, to say the least.

Can it be either a 95 or 2000 Devils Stanley Cup hat?

You are a better man than I Vargas, I have a much longer hockey enemies list. That being said I don't want to see the Rangers all all this year, they beat the Flyers like a redheaded stepchild.

Normally I enjoy r/hockey, but now it's full of team based "Fuck you, you like the wrong team".

Sigh.

But maybe you do like the wrong team. The NHL has approximately 6 wrong teams, planted in secret, to draw in all the worst fans and keep them away from the remaining, right teams.

iwantanswers3.png
    Look on the bright side, it could be full of Bostonites slinging racial vitriol at Joel Ward, like Twitter.

I had to make sure I was really living in 2012 after that happened.

iwantanswers3.png
    That was really disgusting.

And I didn't mean that I'd look down on people for liking any particular team. You like who you like. Just know that if you like the Penguins, Devils, Rangers, Capitals, or Bruins that we may never be hockey friends because your team sucks.

• StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »
    For fuck's sake, Ottawa. You had it in your grasp again.

uuuuggggggghhhhhhhhhh

ZACK SMITH YA GATTA BURY THOOOOOOSE!

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
This discussion has been closed.