As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The scary thread STILL THE BEST 1973

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    final destination rules because it's just a bajillion rube goldberg machines

except instead of cooking an egg a teenager gets shot wtih a nail gun

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    The sequel for bwp seemed to me like one of those scripts that started out as a decent stand alone film that got a name tacked onto it for the purpose of selling tickets, you know what I mean?

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Isn't Candyman the Final Destination now?

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    The sequel for bwp seemed to me like one of those scripts that started out as a decent stand alone film that got a name tacked onto it for the purpose of selling tickets, you know what I mean?

if i remember right this is basically what happened and then it got butchered in the process of making it

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »

if i remember right this is basically what happened and then it got butchered in the process of making it

that's actually a pretty common thing in Hollywood, from what I understand.

it is

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    They Live is one of those movies I just cannot understand anyone liking in any way. It was just so so awful.

fuck you

0BnD8l3.gif
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    They Live is a movie I cannot understand people disliking in any way. Its just such a fun movie

• Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Magic Pink in contrarian opinion shocker!

Also, I actually like the Final Destination movies. They're awful films, but watching smug little pricks get killed in increasingly Rube Goldbergish ways is quite fun.

Lord_Snot on
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Plus now the Candyman is in them

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Lord_Snot wrote: »

Also, I actually like the Final Destination movies. They're awful films, but watching smug little pricks get killed in increasingly Rube Goldbergish ways is quite fun.

i guess the last one was a really good movie that was actually big spoiler
    set before the first movie

which wasn't revealed until the kids get on a plane at the end and the fight from the first movie, that gets those kids thrown off the plane, breaks out in front of them

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

i guess the last one was a really good movie that was actually big spoiler
    set before the first movie

which wasn't revealed until the kids get on a plane at the end and the fight from the first movie, that gets those kids thrown off the plane, breaks out in front of them

Haha, this is actually pretty cool

I've only seen like the first 10 minutes of Big Trouble in Little China but I plan to correct this some day

Also, I didn't see Blair Witch Project until like, 4 years ago? And it was surprisingly effective
    The last few minutes still sets my nerves on edge like whoa

you know why

because the house is the only part of it that's really scripted

that whole thing was set up to achieve exactly one effect: freaking you the fuck out

the audio and video coming from different cameras, the little handprints along the walls and railings at about a child's height (watch it again and pay attention) the whole thing is just constructed to be a modern day haunted house as seen in the first person

Actually wait a minute

re: Final Destination 5
    It's a prequel to the first one but they don't address why nobody is dressing like it's fucking 1999 and using relatively archaic technology?

from what i understand they keep shit like that to a minimum

i haven't seen it yet though!

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    umM0j.jpg

• POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    final destination 4 was so much fun

the tow truck scene, the endless red herrings in the salon

i still need to see 5

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Not sure if it is mentioned here yet, but there is a 12 episode show called Another that is a damn solid horror.

I would describe it as Final Destination: The Anime. It's currently showing for free on Crunchyroll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/another

• POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    fd3 too actually

"well, your buddy just got his head smashed in the gym, sorry about that. here's some free sultans merch though"

all of them

all of them are great

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
    edited April 2012
    I'm watching Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County just before I go to bed.

Can someone tell me why I'm doing this?

EDIT: And now every anonymous noise in the house is aliens. D:

Lord_Snot on
  • DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

Well, looks like I've got another comic series to read.

Thanks a lot Weaver

batsig.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Blair Witch Project is the only movie that has genuinely scared me and left me scared as an adult.

It taps into the shit that really really gets to me. Not even the end bit, but the constant, unknown malevolence, never showing itself.

I just realized that I was making subconscious plans about how to defend my house if Aliens try to attack.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Dislexic wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »

Well, looks like I've got another comic series to read.

Thanks a lot Weaver

You're welcome.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Cross-posting from the camera dump thread.
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I looked after my Aunt's place a few nights ago.
    Walking into a dark kitchen and then turning around to see this staring at me most certainly summoned a few grey hairs.

4432z.jpg

For the rest of the night I kept imagining it standing up and running at me.

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    I also haven't seen any Alien movies or the thing, and from the clips I've seen I don't want to

Body horror really messes me up

there's not too much body horror in either alien or the thing

the scary part of the thing is not knowing who around you is who they say they are and who's really been infected by an alien

Yeah, it's practically all shooty shooty in Aliens. There's one chestburster scene, but it goes by quick, like the movie is going, "Yeah, this is a thing that we had to jam in here to remind you that these things can do that ok bye enjoy the rest of the movie."

b1ehrMM.gif
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I just realized that I was making subconscious plans about how to defend my house if Aliens try to attack.

You're varying the plan for different species of aliens, I hope?

Because my Sectoid plan is a lot more detailed than the Chryssalid one.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Man, I'm not even supposed to like horror why do I wanna read the Hellraiser comics now?

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I have never seen a Hellraiser movie and I probably never will

the first one is pretty great

probably the best thing based on one of barker's stories

Looking at the overview of the movies, it looks like it's doing that thing where the further they go along the in the sequels, the more they screw around with the original backstory.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
    final destination rules because it's just a bajillion rube goldberg machines

except instead of cooking an egg a teenager gets shot wtih a nail gun

It's a slasher movie without the slasher.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Not sure if it is mentioned here yet, but there is a 12 episode show called Another that is a damn solid horror.

I would describe it as Final Destination: The Anime. It's currently showing for free on Crunchyroll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/another

I was messing around on hulu and this came up

so I decided to wiki it

BAD IDEA, BB

BAD

IDEA

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    Man, I'm not even supposed to like horror why do I wanna read the Hellraiser comics now?

That's how temptation works.
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I have never seen a Hellraiser movie and I probably never will

the first one is pretty great

probably the best thing based on one of barker's stories

Looking at the overview of the movies, it looks like it's doing that thing where the further they go along the in the sequels, the more they screw around with the original backstory.

The comics pretty much take 1 & 2, with parts of 3 & 4 as canon. The rest can fuck off.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    welp just finished watching They Live because of this thread
    Not Carpenter's strongest film but it definitely has merit. Wonder how many Illuminati conspiracy theorist youtubers are fans of it.

uc3ufTB.png
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    Walking into a dark kitchen and then turning around to see this staring at me most certainly summoned a few grey hairs.

4432z.jpg

what does your aunt want with this?

FAQ wrote: »

4432z.jpg

what does your aunt want with this?

She made it.

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    why

why why why

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2012
    she's going to animate it with, like, a fox soul or something so that it will serve her

Nerdgasmic on
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    when i was a kid i watched the sixth sense and i had horrible, horrible nightmares from it for months
    like waking up in a cold sweat terrified nightmares

now the only thing that scares me is heights, wide open spaces, enclosed spaces, death, and scary video games.
    but movies? i literally cannot take them seriously enough to be scared
    i guess i'm pretty lucky.
    at the same time i wish there were more "scary movies" that were solidly "good movies"
    if you guys have some recommendations i'd be willing to watch them.
    drunk post.

This discussion has been closed.