As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] 2007: II

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    We took a safety in the top 10 . I am kind of sad . Wanted Claiborne.

I think the bucs thought that the rams would pass on claiborne and JJ blindsided them :(.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    We took a safety in the top 10 . I am kind of sad . Wanted Claiborne.

Mark Barron is pretty great.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Brandon Weeden has a good day and a bad day:

GOOD DAY: You're taken in the 1st round when some thought you'd go in the 2nd.
    BAD DAY: You're taken by Cleveland and your name is greeted with a chorus of boos.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Wheeden...really?

I mean, I know it's Cleveland and they make poor choices but...what?

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Pats trade up... twice? What's going on?

Maybe Belichick finally realized Brady is 34

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    Oh my god Billy fiveaces is the smoothest motherfucker, I love it. Pats D is going to wreck faces.

ezek1t.jpg
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Okay, so from what I'm reading I guess the Chargers got a steal with Ingram at #18?

I don't really know anything about which college players are good.

vRyue2p.png
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I kind of just tuned out of college football entirely because it's just gotten so amazingly corrupt that it's not even any fun anymore. So... Nick Perry. Good?

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Not sure about good...but not surprising. Packers will probably draft almost soley defense this year I'm guessing.

I wonder who they're going to get for Safety since they dropped Collins (:( )

camo_sig2.png
    vh: Ingram is a ridiculous athlete.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I think I might be the only Hawks fan that loves the Irvin pick.

Well, things don't really tend to end well when someone takes a player an entire calendar round before they're supposed to go.

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    Well, things don't really tend to end well when someone takes a player an entire calendar round before they're supposed to go.

Raider style! Yeah no one saw that pick coming . I imagine that all the players they wanted were gone and they couldn't trade down leading to panic but what do I know?

• Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    Congrats to the Patriots for actually trading up and getting pieces for the defense. How about some players in the defensive backfield now?

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Congrats to the Patriots for actually trading up and getting pieces for the defense. How about some players in the defensive backfield now?

They've drafted like 27 of those in the last few years and none worked out (and stayed healthy). Darth Hoodie is acknowledging that his defensive backfield is cursed and he's just going to load up on Rudy-like small college guys in his practice squad in the hopes that it brings good karma and unjinxes him.

Bobble on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Anyone know anything about this A.J. Jenkins WR the Niners drafted? Everywhere I look it's either complaining about not drafting a bigger name or comparisons to how amazing Aldon Smith being an unknown draftee was.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    I kept flipping back to the draft when hockey went on commercial, but ended up using the Zurich Classic as my go-to commercial filler because watching some asshole sit and talk on his phone for 5 minutes after his name got called, and then have to hug 37 people on the way to the stage, was enraging.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Gosling wrote: »

There were rumors that the 9ers and the Pats were going to reach for him too. 7 teams I guess had him in the first round according to news sources. Looking at film of him last night the guy is an absolute beast. Most likely the most athletic and fast D player in the draft.

Jubal77 on
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    I kept flipping back to the draft when hockey went on commercial, but ended up using the Zurich Classic as my go-to commercial filler because watching some asshole sit and talk on his phone for 5 minutes after his name got called, and then have to hug 37 people on the way to the stage, was enraging.

In this economy, 37 hugs is on the low end for anyone getting that phone call with a job offer.

• pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

In this economy, 37 hugs is on the low end for anyone getting that phone call with a job offer.

My last job interview consisted entirely of hugs.

Ahem...

How do people feel about the Lions pick? I like that they took the best available, but I really never watched Iowa this year so I don't know how good Reiff is.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • SquirrelmobSquirrelmob Registered User regular

Ahem...

How do people feel about the Lions pick? I like that they took the best available, but I really never watched Iowa this year so I don't know how good Reiff is.

Pick for the future, but with the highest end defensive backs off the board it makes sense to me. Wasn't a D linesman, QB, WR or RB, so I'm ok with it.

• AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Browns about to send McCoy to Green Bay to hold a clipboard for Rodgers

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular

A better pass rush will improve the backfield. I should give McCourty more confidence to be physical at the line of scrimmage and arrington won't get picked on so much with checkdowns. Plus, considering that they play out of sub packages more than 50% of the time, having a few good guys in the front will really help the additional dbacks.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1

Ahem...

Pick for the future, but with the highest end defensive backs off the board it makes sense to me. Wasn't a D linesman, QB, WR or RB, so I'm ok with it.

Reiff's a good player. And it's not that much of a pick for the future. Wouldn't shock me at all if he starts this year.

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Patriots first round draft:
    jon-jones-ko-shogun.jpg
    hightower-police-academy-bubba-smith-2.jpg

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    lol

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    For all the supposed freakish talent Jones has... he didn't actually sack anyone.

The Hightower pick was very good though.

Podly wrote: »

A better pass rush will improve the backfield. I should give McCourty more confidence to be physical at the line of scrimmage and arrington won't get picked on so much with checkdowns. Plus, considering that they play out of sub packages more than 50% of the time, having a few good guys in the front will really help the additional dbacks.

I'd really like it if the Patriots didn't need to play a wide reciever at nickle back next year however.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Okay, after doing some reading...

What were the Jets thinking with that Coples pick?

vRyue2p.png
  • TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Glad Miami stayed put and got the QB they wanted.

Hopefully this one is a keeper.

He was like the fourth best (Griffin, Jones, Weeden) quarterback in his conference last year, so... no, no he is not.

Though the Weeden pick is also awful. Dude is 28.

He has to be better than beck, aj feely, jay fielder (he did take us to the playoffs) henne (who I liked) Moore, pat white and Gerard , right? Right???

At least in a few years. Right? Dan Marino in a wheel chair woul have been better than what we've fielded in the last 10 years :(

Um, based on college performance, I'd take Henne over him, but I am also a notorious homer.

I liked Henne honestly. Though he was playing pretty good for us before he went down. I hope he doesn't end up blossoming elsewhere and us cutting him doesn't come back to haunt us.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    In a vacuum Tannehill may be an improvement but the fact that it took the 8th overall pick to acquire him makes it most likely a big mistake

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular

Good. I'm not sure what they can do to improve it...should just be killed for now. Maybe try and tool around with it and garner interest in the future.

camo_sig2.png
    Heir wrote: »

Good. I'm not sure what they can do to improve it...should just be killed for now. Maybe try and tool around with it and garner interest in the future.

Instead of playing football the Pro Bowl should be a paintball match. I'd much rather watch NFL players shooting each other instead of that horrible 'football game' they play

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I think they should just play touch seven on seven

linemen can just have cocktails or something

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited April 2012
    I think they should just play touch seven on seven

linemen can just have cocktails or something

The lineman should have their cocktail party on the field, ignoring the game going on around them. I want to see some mouthy wide receiver cutting across the middle and barrel into Nndamukong Suh, spilling Suh's drink. Good things would happen.

Bobble on
This discussion has been closed.