As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Spring/Summer Edition

BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX General Discussion
w00t!

Things of note to look forward to:
OMGWTFBBQ In June
Lots of board game events (by various people, assuming they post here)
Lots of bar events
LANs

Events:

August 3-5:
http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/23723405#Comment_23723405

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
Moe Fwacky on

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Some of us are gathering at ElNorte tomorrow (4/14, 4pm) for happy hour if anybody would like to join us.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/el-norte-lounge-seattle

$4 Margaritas!

BigRed on
  • Options
    MLORDMLORD Registered User regular
    Looking forward to all events prior and during this years PAX, will be watching this thread for sure.

M.LORD
    Staticwave Entertainment
    AIM DJMLORD2001
  • Options
    MLORDMLORD Registered User regular
    BigRed wrote:
    w00t!

Things of note to look forward to:
    OMGWTFBBQ In June
    Lots of board game events (by various people, assuming they post here)
    Lots of bar events
    LANs

Events:

Is there more info on the OMGWTFBBQ?

M.LORD
    Staticwave Entertainment
    AIM DJMLORD2001
  • Options
    Not yet.

I usually plan it closer (about a 3-4 weeks out) to get a guage on weather.

Its just us usually going to golden gardens to bbq all the things and just hngout.

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    BigRed wrote: »
    Its just us usually going to golden gardens to bbq all the things and just hngout.

Don't forget the part about getting really really drunk and playing tabletop games on the beach.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options

Don't forget the part about getting really really drunk and playing tabletop games on the beach.

Shhhhhh theres no booze allowed at city parks...

<.<
    >.>

• Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    If you didn't come to El Norte with us tonight, you failed at...well, fun.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    I may have failed at fun, but I totally won at ribs. It's a fair trade, if you ask me.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Just tossing this out there to gauge interest: would anyone be up for a mini-painting get together?

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User regular
    sign me up for one of everything.

I'M HALPING!
  • Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ok, since everything ever is my fault for not cross-posting:

I'm in Seattle this weekend (like... Today)

"Friday night:
    8:00 - Poquitos in Cap Hill for dinner, followed by Grim's/Barca/Unicorn as the fancy strikes (or the crowds allow.)

Saturday morning:
    **EDIT** noon - Number One Pro Nails in Queen Anne for cheap mani-pedis.

Sunday morning:
    Noon: Sushi lunch at Genki in Queen Anne.

PM me if you want more infoes."

All are welcome. :)

Jenny_Spaghetti on
  • Options
    Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    Ok, since everything ever is my fault for not cross-posting:

I'm in Seattle this weekend (like... Today)

<listofthingsgoeshere>

Huh. Guess I should walk the couple blocks to get out for this maybe. Maybe.

• Options
    Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    Just tossing this out there to gauge interest: would anyone be up for a mini-painting get together?

I would totally be down for that, but considering that I'm 4.5 hours away it would need to be in conjunction with something else to make the drive worthwhile.

• Options
    nianianianianiania Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    1. GAUGING INTEREST: Weekly or Bi-Weekly Sunday afternoon Pathfinder games with me as the Dungeon Master.

2. What's going on for Cinco de Mayo this weekend? Tequila Tequila Tequila!

nianiania on
    2014 Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament
    Hufflepuff: Death Eaters / Head of House
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I will likely be hanging out at elnorte for happy hour.

Edit:

Theres interest on twitter...

4pm, ElNorte on lake city way for happy hour!
    $4 margaritas!

BigRed on
  • Options
    AmandilAmandil new member
    nianiania wrote: »
    1. GAUGING INTEREST: Weekly or Bi-Weekly Sunday afternoon Pathfinder games with me as the Dungeon Master.

2. What's going on for Cinco de Mayo this weekend? Tequila Tequila Tequila!

I'd be down for some Pathfinder action depending on the location. I've never played Pathfinder but I run my own D&D 3.5 group once a month. This year will be my 5th PAX (Prime) and I'm looking to change things up, meet new people rather than just see the sites and attend panels.

• Options
    RebelMoogleRebelMoogle Dipl.-Ing. SeattleRegistered User new member
    Hi there. I just came to Seattle from Germany a little while ago. :)

So I'm completely new to this area and I've always dreamed of going to PAX since it was first brought into existence. And it looks like, this year I'll finally be able to. :)

Now it would be great to meet some people beforehand (to go there with or just hang out in general) and I was told this was a good place to do that.

I'm down for anything really, boardgames, cardgames, videogames, LAN parties, etc.

• Options
    So its looking like I am going to do June 16th for OMGWTFBBQ. Any comments?

• Options

Pick a day with rain. Lots of rain.

I'M HALPING!
  • Options
    ky13ky13 Registered User regular

That days sucks because I'm busy.

Eternity_Sky-banner-4.png
    Hey, it's me, Teldra! Did someone say "greatsword"? [Eternity]
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular

Sounds good to me, I wouldn't be able to make it if it was the prior weekend, which would suck because I had to miss it last year. So count me in!

Also, I DEMAND Cards Against Humanity, as well as We Didn't Playtest This At All, along with it's expansion(s) (even though this is a given xD).

NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    I know of nothing on June 16th to prevent my attendance!

• Options
    nianianianianiania Registered User regular
    Can't afford El Norte, on account of buying a PAX pass, but I will be there for the OMGWTFBBQ for sure.

2014 Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament
    Hufflepuff: Death Eaters / Head of House
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    June 16th sounds great. We have a good record regarding weather, so I think you'll have to bring your own Brian.

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    nianiania wrote: »
    Can't afford El Norte, on account of buying a PAX pass, but I will be there for the OMGWTFBBQ for sure.

$4 margaritas?
    How can you not afford that?

• Options
    vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    I decided that I shall be more social this year and try to meet my fellow Seattle area PAX attendees. I was wondering if people would be interested in going to the AFK Tavern in Everett to hang out one night. Maybe play some Munchkin. Even though I live in Lynnwood, I've only been there once on a (bad) first date. I heard it can be a fun place if you go with the right people. What do you all say? How about some arbitrary date, like Sat, May 12?

• Options
    ugh... I will pass on AFK.
    I really don't like that place :P Way overpriced for being in Everett. I can get cheaper drinks in downtown Seattle.

• Options
    MortonStromgalMortonStromgal Registered User regular
    Theres always cafe mox if your looking for a gamer bar closer to seattle than AFK

• Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    Theres always cafe mox if your looking for a gamer bar closer to seattle than AFK

Seconded. They also sell discounted Warmachine toys there, further increasing the likelihood of my attendance at said gathering.

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    Never heard of cafe Mox. I'm up for a meetup there.

• Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    Ohhhhhhhhh, that's cafe mox! I've been to Card Kingdom a couple of times, but never actually been to the bar!

• Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    That's is a good place. Great for gaming. Also Shortys is a great bar for us in Seattle. Lots of Pinball!

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    Oh boy, set date for OMGWTFBBQ. Count me in for that again.

• Options
    Wormdundee wrote: »
    Oh boy, set date for OMGWTFBBQ. Count me in for that again.

6eHUA.jpg
    And I shall be introducing my GF to the PAX community... Shall be interesting.

I'M HALPING!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    MAY 25th - 28th LAN PARTY:
    YEAH! 4 DAYS BITCHES!
    Downside is I have to hike the price by $5 to cover the extra utilities costs (Which I was already paying some out of pocket for). LAN price will return to normal for 3day events.

If you aren't signed up for the LAN please don't stick around for very long, you are welcome to swing by to say hi to people but thats it. Its a Paid event with limited space. You wouldn't sneak into PAX without a Pass would you? Same deal here :P
    Don't get offended if I ask you to leave. This is a PAID EVENT, not a SHOW UP AND HANG OUT PARTY.

WHEN:
    May 25th @ 3:30pm - 28th... till whenever I throw your asses out so I can get sleep for work the next day :P (probably around 8pm-ish)

4229926621_5d065ce11a.jpg

LAN entry is $30 I require payment to signup for this. First to pay gets in.
    FOOD ON SAT EVENING AND SNACKS AND POP WILL BE PROVIDED. Food on sat will be either burgers&hotdogs on the BBQ or if the weather disagrees we will do pizza!

You are also REQUIRED to own battlefield 3. We will have a private server for this LAN.
    If you really cant afford it then I do have 3 extra accounts for use. Pitch your case to me via PM.

Reasoning for requirement to own that game:
    There are very few games that support a large number of players nowadays. Its down to TF2/BF3 for recent games. Most games are 8-16 people. The majority of the last LAN already had BF3 so I know its not a huge issue for people to purchase it. I hate people to be left out of games which is why the LAN has always been TF2-heavy in previous years. Having a small event split into a bunch of smaller games is bad for the health/fun of the LAN in general, you cant deny that LANs are the most fun when everyone is in the same game and cheering/cursing to the same stuff.
    This is a battle I fought before a long time ago when TF2 came out. Trying to get everyone to buy it. Eventually it caught on. Now here we are with BF3.
    The game is fun as hell multi-player. We all had a blast.

Will be at my place, if you don't know where I live PM me for the addy.
    Max 28 people (thats all that we can fit here for computers)
    Bring computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, power strip, and cables (Power, video, etc).
    LAN is 21+ (If you feel you are an exception, plead your case to me via PM)
    Crash space is available (I have 8 sumos, a couch, and lots of floorspace), as are showers. (I suggest bringing a towel, I have many but not enough for everyone). New rule, if you snore loudly enough to disturb others, then sleep in the downstairs. I am sick of people complaining.
    Chairs for the LAN are provided. If you are planing on bringing your own chair please ask me first.

Also if you must smoke please do it out by the road/storage building. If its done near the house, the smell will come in some of the many open windows and I will rage.

ALSO I HAVE A KEGERATOR
    Beer is unknown at this point. I will see what I get closer to the event.

Beer will be $2 a pint. Beer is priced so I break even on the keg.

OM NOM BEER:
    4383187158_6e66174670.jpg

Previous house party rules apply:
    (no getting sick, you want access to liquor stash you donate a bottle to the stash, no being stupid, no showing up sick)

I will have 8 gaming machines available for use... Might have more if I can fix them before the event.
    Rules for them are:

NO RULES THIS TIME! If you honestly think you need a gaming machine, plead your case to me and I shall consider. Since I have a ton of these now I am going to be more liberal on loaning them out.

Rental fee for these is a sixer (or a single awesome bottle) of something delicious. Ask me for what will tickle my fancy if you want to use one of these.

Attendee list:

24/24

1: BigRed
    2: Cakiea
    3: Haikon
    4: dya
    5: LordMoon (Spare gaming computer)
    6: beta_angel
    7: DaedalusLeto
    8: Ducas
    9: ashridah
    10: Theros (Spare gaming computer)
    11: Snickers (Spare gaming computer?)
    12: Vulcnor (Spare BF3 Account)
    13: Googalash
    14: ky13
    15: tek
    16: Beker (Spare gaming machine)
    17: ris3n_da3mon (Spare BF3 Account)
    18: brian4120
    19: Oz_Pbbbbbt
    20: Darcness
    21: Mouse #1
    22: Mouse #2
    23: MiWi
    24: Xalara

n00b Seats!
    4/4
    (Spots set aside for new people who have never been to one of these LANs before, so new people can attend) If these aren't taken a week before the LAN then ill open them up to anyone. Just want to give some new people a chance to attend.
    1: Aractor
    2: Aractor's +1
    3: RebelMoogle
    4: Rabbi-T

Canceled List:
    Jex
    deadmetal
    deadmetal's +1

Standby List:

Payment is accepted by paypal. If you choose to use paypal you must pay the paypal transaction fee.
    My paypal is reasonablylucid@gmail.com

If there are people playing MMOs or other online games by themselves I *will* be blocking the ports to said games. Its just super bad form to be doing that shit at a LAN that's only 28 people. Things like LoL and WoW will be blocked on the router until later at night or during times of smaller games going on, like L4D2, SC2, or Flatout.
    LAN Party = LOCAL area network party

BigRed on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Not sure when I'll be able to send a payment your way Red, but I'll plan on attending the LAN. If it fills up before I can pay, so be it.

Also, AFK Tavern is indeed a bit overpriced for the location, but it's still a great place to hangout with friends and play some games.

NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    ky13ky13 Registered User regular
    LAN please!

Eternity_Sky-banner-4.png
    Hey, it's me, Teldra! Did someone say "greatsword"? [Eternity]
  • Options
    TherosTheros Registered User regular
    I look forward to constantly strafing airfields while ky13 attempts to get helicopters airborne. :D

• Options
    Can I pay in WoW gold?

I'M HALPING!
This discussion has been closed.