As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm making a Community thread (and other former Thursday TV)

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Hah, "Basic Lupine Urology", I get it, I get jokes

OH MY GOD

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Uniform.

Nothing. Matters.
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Antimatter wrote: »

OH MY GOD

I feel like an idiot for not noticing this sooner.

iwantanswers3.png
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »

OH MY GOD

Even with the thanks at the end of the episode?! That's when it dawned on me.

Nothing. Matters.
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »

OH MY GOD

Yeah, definitely didn't get it until the Special Thanks. I was watching on Hulu so I saw the title and was trying to figure it out during the commercials. "Wolf... pee?"

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I dont get it.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Someone keeps moving my chair.

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    I didn't see the title until today because my DVR just has a giant Thursday block so it doesn't fuck up the post-credits tag of every show because DVRs are designed by people who don't watch TV

In other news... I can't believe they didn't get Richard Belzer to make an appearance

mkc.png
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I dont get it.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Someone keeps moving my chair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Wolf

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    I didn't see the title until today because my DVR just has a giant Thursday block so it doesn't fuck up the post-credits tag of every show because DVRs are designed by people who don't watch TV

In other news... I can't believe they didn't get Richard Belzer to make an appearance

It's not the DVR's fault. The networks do that on purpose to discourage DVR use.

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I wish my DVR would let me record a set amount of time, rather than a set episode. Like, record from 6:55 - 7:35 because shows always go over and I hate missing one or two things because an episode starts late.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    why do they do that

edited April 2012
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    I wish my DVR would let me record a set amount of time, rather than a set episode. Like, record from 6:55 - 7:35 because shows always go over and I hate missing one or two things because an episode starts late.

I can almost promise you that your DVR will let you do that
    God forbid you want to tape back-to-back shows and also something on another channel, though
    All hell will break loose

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Aphostile wrote: »

OH MY GOD

I missed the last ten minutes. Going to watch it later tonight.

iwantanswers3.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    My DVR always catches the tag. All my thursday shows actually overlap. You guys have crappy DVRs.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »

My DVR is set to start recording 3 minutes before a program starts and end recording 3 minutes after it is supposed to end. Works great.

Seriously wrote: »
    why do they do that

DVR viewers don't watch commercials. They want you to be pissed so that you'll watch live and they know you'll blame the box before blaming the network.

That said, even my crappy Comcast DVR has settings you can add to the series recording to always add a couple minutes to the start and finish so you don't miss that stuff. I'd recommend poking around your DVR's recording settings if you haven't before.

Also you'll notice that a lot of advertisers have changed their ads to get their message across (or at least part of it) in 5 seconds instead of 30. They'll put the product in static positions for a long time (maybe even the whole ad) and the ones with text will keep it up longer. It's one of those things you start to notice all the time once you're told about it.

Found this on tumblr:

tumblr_m35m9wurYb1qh91cmo1_500.jpg

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Found this on tumblr:
    tumblr_m35m9wurYb1qh91cmo1_500.jpg

YES

Is that official or something awesome from a fan?

Also the best part of the whole thing is Leonard's placeholder.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Starburns was 47??

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

That's how old Dino Stamatopoulos is

doesn't look it though

I just watched community again

I don't want to gush but

this and parks and rec are the only shows that I watch when they actually come on

and I guess awake but that's just a side-effect

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    bahahaha

"tragic" auto accident

I

love

Lenard.

The only thing I love more than actual Lenard is Jeff telling him to shut up :D

No I wont type the O. Silent Os have no place in my worldview.

SAVE GARRETT
    WE ALREADY SAVED GARRET!

SAVE GARRETT

Bedlam wrote: »
    SAVE GARRETT
    WE ALREADY SAVED GARRET!
    did we

edited April 2012
    a5ehren wrote: »
    why do they do that

DVR viewers don't watch commercials. They want you to be pissed so that you'll watch live and they know you'll blame the box before blaming the network.

That said, even my crappy Comcast DVR has settings you can add to the series recording to always add a couple minutes to the start and finish so you don't miss that stuff. I'd recommend poking around your DVR's recording settings if you haven't before.

Except doing that for two back-to-back shows will then count as taping 2 things at once, and then when you try to tape a "third" thing on a different network when your box only allows 2 simultaneous recordings, it arbitrarily picks something to not record

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    why do they do that

Except doing that for two back-to-back shows will then count as taping 2 things at once, and then when you try to tape a "third" thing on a different network when your box only allows 2 simultaneous recordings, it arbitrarily picks something to not record

My old DVRs would do this, but my AT&T one is smarter somehow. And it can record at least 3 things (in HD!) at a time, maybe 4. I'm pretty happy with it.

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I almost fell out of my chair when
    Michael Ironside walked in.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Holy shit. That was him? I knew he looked familiar.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    That ending for community was pretty uh

random

I only really know him from his voice.

Oghulk wrote: »
    That ending for community was pretty uh

random

straight out of law and order like the rest of the episode

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I only really know him from his voice.

My tablet doesn't show preview images for flash items until I click them, so I was actually wondering what you'd pick for Ironside: Splinter Cell, Superman or Total Recall.

I'd say you chose correctly, but really any of those choices would've been great.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    you motherfuckers ain't recognizing ironside by sight alone disgust a bro

7656367.jpg
    the other cameo's what floored me personally

This discussion has been closed.