As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    Hells yeah I'm gonna be at PAX in Seattle. I've been going since '04.

If i organize a tourney we can get some games innnnnn!

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    altmann wrote: »
    Because they're FUCKING expensive to buy? I mean, they are good, I don't think anyone really ever doubted that. But in order to use them, you must play Vanilla marines first which... well, broadsides are fucking awesome, but I'm not gonna play tau just to take one unit (but I feel between assault terminators and attack bikes, vanilla marines have some good stuff goin on).

Assault bikes are totally viable in Blood Angels jumper armies as a zoom-around-and-blow-tanks-up option

• saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Multimelters that can move and shoot are so cool.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    In my bike army, I'm going to have seven attack bikes. Three hidden in squads, and 4 in to two-man squads of their own. All with multi-meltas. And that doesn't take into account the 6 meltas in the bike squads either. I should have lots of fast moving cover-save getting bikes that can hopefully close the distance, and then take down some armor in the opponent's infield. That should stop any transports from bringing asault squads into my own quarter. At least, that's the plan. Hopefully, one of those bike squads will survive long enough to take any objectives I then need to take.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have a whole jet bike army for eldar and a few for Dark eldar but I have no bikes for my Black Templars I think it's because I seem them missused all the time

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Stopped by the store yesterday to show off my Land Raider work before gluing the top on. Was talking with another player I've never seen in there before. The Finecast Spacemarine rumor came up and I said I'll pick up Vulkan even though I had the metal one still unassembled. Then I got called weird for playing Salamanders and not using Vulkan 100% of the time.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Stopped by the store yesterday to show off my Land Raider work before gluing the top on. Was talking with another player I've never seen in there before. The Finecast Spacemarine rumor came up and I said I'll pick up Vulkan even though I had the metal one still unassembled. Then I got called weird for playing Salamanders and not using Vulkan 100% of the time.

Tell me about it.

I've been playing Salamanders for just over a year now and I still have never used Vulkan. People give me the funniest looks when I tell them I play Sallies and they immediately ask if I have Vulkan.

And yet I've placed in the top 3 of the two Tournament's I've played them in...

I get it. I mean I wish I could say, this is a Salamanders army and use his Chapter Tatics, but I like fielding my own Captain.
    I tie more than I win, but I'm okay with that. I hit things with hammers, I drop flame templates, and I generally have a good time.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • DocSamsonDocSamson Registered User regular
    I get it. I mean I wish I could say, this is a Salamanders army and use his Chapter Tatics, but I like fielding my own Captain.
    I tie more than I win, but I'm okay with that. I hit things with hammers, I drop flame templates, and I generally have a good time.

What exactly does his 'chapter tactics' net you above a regular HQ? Out of curiosity?

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Vulkan makes all flamers and melta's twin-linked (and I think also makes all thunder hammers master-crafted?) He's pretty good really.

DocSamson wrote: »
    What exactly does his 'chapter tactics' net you above a regular HQ? Out of curiosity?

Replace Combat Tactics with all Thunder Hammers are master-crafted. All versions of flamers and meltas count as twin linked.

Comics, Games, Booze
    DocSamson wrote: »

Replace Combat Tactics with all Thunder Hammers are master-crafted. All versions of flamers and meltas count as twin linked.

As I know DocSamson doesn't know marines that well, "Combat Tactics" for normal marine armies allows you to choose to fail any morale check. Some special characters allow you to replace this with chapter specific rules, like Vulkan lets you twin link stuff, Shrike gives you infiltrate, and a few others.

Do any other marine codexes have Combat Tactics, and can Fearless units choose to fail?

edited April 2012
    saluksic wrote: »
    Do any other marine codexes have Combat Tactics, and can Fearless units choose to fail?

I don't think BA or SW have combat tactics, they have their own rules.

I'm pretty sure fearless trumps combat tactics, but I don't have my codex handy.

Sharp101 on
    SW have Counter-attack as default for every infantry unit instead of combat-tactics.

It is fucking AWESOME.

signature.png
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Combat tactics is the best. That's hard to communicate to most players, though. "Fail something? Why would I ever want to do that!

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    Matrias wrote: »
    Combat tactics is the best. That's hard to communicate to most players, though. "Fail something? Why would I ever want to do that!

So true. I versed a dude in the use of combat tactics Wed night when my gants shot his tac squad, forced a morale check, then charged and finished them off because of brood progenitor. He got it, I think.

The other thing that people don't seem to understand is that IG order that relates to going to ground. They thought you could use it in your opponents phase because "Why would you ever plan to go to ground! That is insanity sauce bro!" I dunno the specifics... at one time I did.

E26cO.jpg
    thing is, counter-attack is arguably better. Yeah, combat tactics lets you get un-stuck from shitty combats, but counter attack lets you beat the fuck out of everyone who even considers charging you.

signature.png
    thing is, counter-attack is arguably better. Yeah, combat tactics lets you get un-stuck from shitty combats, but counter attack lets you beat the fuck out of everyone who even considers charging you.

Well, Space Wolves have it, right? Gotta be better...

E26cO.jpg
    Combat tactics can prevent you from being charged sometimes, but counter attack gives you that charging advantage all the times. I think I'd rather have counter attack, but I like them both.

I wonder what crazy stuff they'll have for Dark Angels. I'd like to see some kind of shooting advantage, we have enough cc marines.

• ad hominidad hominid Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Dark Angels' claim to fame was army-wide Stubborn.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I thought that was just Deathwing?

Dark Angels are odd. They can be 3 different armies.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    Combining counter-attack with the built-in BP/CCW nets you a cool 30 attacks (usually more from mark of the wulfen) when you get charged.

I love it.

Also, fuck the space wolf haters, you probably paint from the pot and use crappy testors brushes DONT YOU.

I'm the 1%

RUSS 2012

INVISIBLE WOLVES

signature.png
    Also, fuck the space wolf haters, you probably paint from the pot and use crappy testors brushes DONT YOU.

Nope, but disgruntling wolf wolf players on a Friday afternoon is pretty great

E26cO.jpg
    edited April 2012
    In the context of Space Wolves it is better. If Space Wolves didn't have that CCW/Bolt Pistol/Bolter I would prefer combat tactics.

Space Wolves want to be in assault. Tactical Marines... don't. The chance to avoid assault and get more double-tap opportunities is critical.

Matrias on
    edited April 2012
    Either way, Chapter Tactics are really cool mechanics and make the game definitely feel fluffy and the chapters distinct. I hope they do more in the coming codexes.

Edit: it'd be cool to play a Mantis Warriors force and use the Chapter Tactics from their special character but not have to take him. They should just have a page of chapter tactics in the next SM codex.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
    mugginns wrote: »
    Edit: They should just have a page of chapter tactics in the next SM codex.

I would be so happy if this would happen.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So, @Sharp101, before tomorrow's tourney so I don't I get into rules arguments right off the bat:

Twin linking Master of Ordinance with IG 'bring it down' order. Kosher?

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Edit: They should just have a page of chapter tactics in the next SM codex.

I would be so happy if this would happen.

Yup. It would be like the old 'traits' codex.

edited April 2012
    McGibs wrote: »
    So, @Sharp101, before tomorrow's tourney so I don't I get into rules arguments right off the bat:

Sure. Without getting too 'meta', the MoO shot is a weapon and bring it down twin links weapons in the squad... so I don't see a problem.

I think the argument people use against it is that the Ord shot isn't really being fired by the unit. But whatever. lol.

Sharp101 on
    McGibs wrote: »

Hells yeah. I do that shit all day errey day.

signature.png
    edited April 2012
    Either way, Chapter Tactics are really cool mechanics and make the game definitely feel fluffy and the chapters distinct. I hope they do more in the coming codexes.

Edit: it'd be cool to play a Mantis Warriors force and use the Chapter Tactics from their special character but not have to take him. They should just have a page of chapter tactics in the next SM codex.
    Chapter Tactics should be a wargear choice for a Captain.

It would turn Captains into a desirable unit choice, much like Sagas did for Wolf Lords.

Matrias on
    @Matrias go work for GW.

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Hurrah.

Yeah, I've known some people to argue that it's not a weapon, it's a 'shooting attack', and bring it down twin links weapons. It's pretty flimsy, but I don't want to cause a fuss.

website_header.jpg
    edited April 2012
    @Matrias go work for GW.
    I've been camping their studio's career page for awhile now. Sounds like a tight group inside. Will probably have to stalk somebody.

Matrias on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

It would turn Captains into a desirable unit choice, much like Sagas did for Wolf Lords.

And would make special characters less desireable again. The reason for tying chapter tactics to special characters was to help sell them.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Does anyone want the 25th Crimson Fist mini?
    I went into Yellow Submarine in Akihabara last night and they had 8 of them on the shelves.

Also the new Necrons are up to preorder.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    edited April 2012
    -Loki- wrote: »

And would make special characters less desireable again. The reason for tying chapter tactics to special characters was to help sell them.
    Space Wolves manage okay. Special characters can mess with the force organizational chart and individual squads - things like that.

Matrias on
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Also the new Necrons are up to preorder.
    Zahndrekh looks like he's wearing eye shadow.

I dig the White Crons, though.

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Am I a bad person for wanting the Wraiths and Spider for conversion parts?

For Chaos?

This discussion has been closed.