As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Thread 3 - Rise of the Classy Crabs

• TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Is it just me or did the guy from Risen 2 time travel to the future to also star in Binary Domain?

This is the second forum I have seen this theory posted on. It must be so!

steam_sig.png
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    New Sega classics collection incoming shortly with:

211201 Dynamite Headdy 2012-04-27 08:02:02
    211202 Golden Axe 3 2012-04-27 08:02:02
    211203 Phantasy Star 2 2012-04-27 08:02:02
    211204 Phantasy Star 3 2012-04-27 08:02:02
    211205 Phantasy Star 4 2012-04-27 08:02:02
    211206 Streets of Rage 3 2012-04-27 08:02:02
    211207 The Revenge of the Shinobi 2012-04-27 08:02:02
    211208 Vectorman 2 2012-04-27 08:02:02
    211209 Wonder Boy in Monster World

Those are just what's in the registry as of the update so might include a few more. But still, finally adding Phantasy Star games is a plus.

Definitely in for Vectorman 2. I've never played it but have always really wanted to.

That pack looks awesome in general. About time pack 4 got some competition.

steam_sig.png
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    So no daily yet?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    So no daily yet?

The Daily is mentioned in the headlines section. It's The Cursed Crusade for $15 (-50%).

TheCanMan on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    So no daily yet?

It's not showing in steam, but the twitter feed claims it's The Cursed Crusade at 50% off

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Grazie.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    The don't link the metacritic on the store page, possibly because it has tons of bad reviews.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    SOMEBODY DO THE SERIOUS SAM 3 4-PACK DEAL WITH ME

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    The don't link the metacritic on the store page, possibly because it has tons of bad reviews.

Eek!
    That's a shame, cuz the game otherwise looks good. I'm a sucker for a medieval setting.
    Anyone actually play this thing? Sounds like the technical bugs at least could be addressed with a patch...

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

HOW MUCH BE IT

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Wow, this is unexpected. Analogue: A Hate Story is now on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/209370/

Whoa, that actually sounds really interesting. Not the kind of thing I would normally even glance at, but that description has almost sold me on it already.

Oooh!
    A dark visual novel that further extends the non-linear style of Digital: A Love Story in a mystery featuring transhumanism, traditional marriage, loneliness, and cosplay.

That does sound awsome.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
    Congrats to Shapeshifter on winning Gemini Rue!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Man you guys should've mentioned more about how awesome Serious Sam 3 is.

Like a constant carnival of carnage. Every time you get a new weapon, the game ups the ante some more and soon you're fighting off armies of headless soldiers, skeletons, scorpions, walkers, BIG walkers, and everything else the game can throw at you. I honestly didn't expect it to be much fun, just more "oh, waves and waves of enemies, that'll get dull fast". But the game paces itself well and is consistently throwing more stuff at you with each encounter, whilst not being afraid to give you a breather every now and again where you can just wander around the large levels to looks for stuff. You're constantly swapping weapons around to deal with each threat as it heads your way, trying to take out enemies efficiently and deal with immediate threats whilst dodging attacks.

It's also helpful that Sam's one-liners are just the right side of cheesy.

All I can say is, after several hours of playtime and just switching off, I have this sort of tinnitus going in my head right now.

Only it's not a constant ringing sound, I just hear "aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

subedii on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I appreciate all forms of games, but this just doesn't look like enough game for my taste. You just talk to people?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
    subedii wrote: »

Like a constant carnival of carnage. Every time you get a new weapon, the game ups the ante some more and soon you're fighting off armies of headless soldiers, skeletons, scorpions, walkers, BIG walkers, and everything else the game can throw at you. I honestly didn't expect it to be much fun, just more "oh, waves and waves of enemies, that'll get dull fast". But the game paces itself well and is consistently throwing more stuff at you with each encounter, whilst not being afraid to give you a breather every now and again where you can just wander around the large levels to looks for stuff.

All I can say is, after several hours of playtime and just switching off, I have this sort of tinnitus going in my head right now.

Only it's not a constant ringing sound, I just hear "aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

They're all great games. I wish I could get further in The Second Encounter. Playing on the hardest difficulty I could select and some of the arenas are ridiculously stupid. One was a tall room with a bouncy floor. The one I'm stuck on is a long hallway with air blowing you back and forth and enemies spawning everywhere. It's mad. Fun, but mad.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

HOW MUCH BE IT

TEN UNITED STATES DOLLARS PER PERSON

LxX6eco.jpg

HOW MUCH BE IT

YES I WANT THAT I WILL GIVE YOU MONEY

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    anoffday wrote: »

I appreciate all forms of games, but this just doesn't look like enough game for my taste. You just talk to people?
    It's a dating sim, by the looks of it. Though it might be more of a visual novel.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M

HOW MUCH BE IT

YES I WANT THAT I WILL GIVE YOU MONEY

OKAY WE NEED TWO MORE PEOPLE

LxX6eco.jpg
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Tamin wrote: »

Like a constant carnival of carnage. Every time you get a new weapon, the game ups the ante some more and soon you're fighting off armies of headless soldiers, skeletons, scorpions, walkers, BIG walkers, and everything else the game can throw at you. I honestly didn't expect it to be much fun, just more "oh, waves and waves of enemies, that'll get dull fast". But the game paces itself well and is consistently throwing more stuff at you with each encounter, whilst not being afraid to give you a breather every now and again where you can just wander around the large levels to looks for stuff.

They're all great games. I wish I could get further in The Second Encounter. Playing on the hardest difficulty I could select and some of the arenas are ridiculously stupid. One was a tall room with a bouncy floor. The one I'm stuck on is a long hallway with air blowing you back and forth and enemies spawning everywhere. It's mad. Fun, but mad.

I have the first one on gog and I'm such a cheater. I put in god mode and just wreck havoc. When it comes to games like Serious Sam, Blood, Painkiller, etc. I usually just cheat because I have more fun that way. Don't judge me. :P

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular

Oooh!
    A dark visual novel that further extends the non-linear style of Digital: A Love Story in a mystery featuring transhumanism, traditional marriage, loneliness, and cosplay.

That does sound awsome.

What's a traditional marriage without transhumanism and cosplay?

To be honest, it sounds like a fancy way of saying "furry."

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    Figgy wrote: »
    What's a traditional marriage without transhumanism and cosplay?

Come for intimacy and the regular sex partner, stay for the costumes and cybernetic enhancements. :P
    Figgy wrote: »
    To be honest, it sounds like a fancy way of saying "furry."

I'm surprisingly OK with that.

camo_sig2.png
    anoffday wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »

I have the first one on gog and I'm such a cheater. I put in god mode and just wreck havoc. When it comes to games like Serious Sam, Blood, Painkiller, etc. I usually just cheat because I have more fun that way. Don't judge me. :P

I don't judge. I'm just insane... there was a point, many years ago, where I could make considerable progress in Doom on Nightmare. Those days have passed, though.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    The best thing is playing those games in coop blind at a LAN. theres alot of screaming of "OH MY GOD I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW BUT ITS AWESOME."

steam_sig.png
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    So I had no idea Sniper Elite 1 was $2.49 right now until May 5th. Good metacritic ratings too. Welcome to my Steam library!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • NintenNinten Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    It's unbelievable that I've never played Dead Space. It's pretty great!

€2.79 (or 2.99) that didn't go to waste.

Ninten on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Sniper elite is an amazing game. On that note, what's the US price for the second game?

I just saw on RPS that the demo for Warlock is up on Steam now. Gonna give it a shot.

edited April 2012
    captaink wrote: »
    I just saw on RPS that the demo for Warlock is up on Steam now. Gonna give it a shot.

TotalBiscuit did a nice WTF Is...? on it. Looked pretty cool.

Tamin on
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Sniper elite is an amazing game. On that note, what's the US price for the second game?

$45.00

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular

Really? I thought it was pretty boring. Maybe boring is too strong, but I didn't find it very captivating. And it seemed like every time you took a shot, every single enemy in the area knew exactly where you were, which was pretty annoying. The only other thing I remember is that it was also incredibly brown. Like, "looking through a brown glass filter" brown. Although I think I got it for like $1.50 or something, so I can't really complain that I didn't get my money's worth.

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »

Really? I thought it was pretty boring. Maybe boring is too strong, but I didn't find it very captivating. And it seemed like every time you took a shot, every single enemy in the area knew exactly where you were, which was pretty annoying. The only other thing I remember is that it was also incredibly brown. Like, "looking through a brown glass filter" brown. Although I think I got it for like $1.50 or something, so I can't really complain that I didn't get my money's worth.

I had fun up until I had to Rambo through a camp. At that point I put it down and haven't picked it back up since.

50433.png?1708759015
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Based off the demo for Sniper Elite V2, I'm still debating if I want to pick it up next week. I hope it doesn't Rambo up later on, like you guys are saying for the first game. I had a lot of fun with the demo.....but I can't remember the last time I bought a full price game on Steam and I think I've gotten spoiled seeing -75% markers next to games.

It's like, serve the Newell, sure, but 45 bones goes a long way for stocking up on gifting games.

The "additional worlds" setting on this screenshot titillates me:
    ss_258b4940d1af06a8d196b753115218f65491b295.1920x1080.jpg?t=1335459174

• minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    So I had no idea Sniper Elite 1 was $2.49 right now until May 5th. Good metacritic ratings too. Welcome to my Steam library!

How good is this game? Tell me alllllll about it.

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    minirhyder wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »

How good is this game? Tell me alllllll about it.

You're a Sniper, and you're Elite.

Edit: I am giving the game a bad name, I confused Sniper Elite with Sniper: Ghost Warrior.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I just tried the Binary Domain demo. The game seems decent, but other than it running nicely it would seem a minimum effort has gone into the PC version. You can't use the mouse at all in the menus. Instead, the menus are navigated entirely with WASD, space to select and F to back out a level. I didn't spend any time messing with the sensitivity, but the aiming seemed weird. Although that could have been due to me being more used to first person shooters than third person shooters. It looks like you can change it, but by default you open the pause menu with enter. According to the config shift is supposed to be "toggle member info". What it actually does is make me turn to the left much faster and more reliably than the slow mouse aiming will allow me to. And you can't set your controls at all inside the game. It has to be done in the config tool.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Warlock is looking pretty decent, $20 for fantasy civ seems a good deal.

The 'Other Worlds' are apparently found via portals, are filled with tough enemies, and themed (So there may be a "Fire" version of your main map).

It's not generating a lot of buzz though, hard to get a grip on how it plays.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
This discussion has been closed.