As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EVE] - A Game of Megathrons

• Options
    GassernormGassernorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    V1m,
    Finished training Gfrigates IV, working on Engineering IV, then Mechanics IV, Gfrigates V, Mechanics V, and to round it out, Assault ships, does that sound reasonable? Any recommendation for ammo in a small hybrid turret? Finally, are light missles worth anything? So far I enjoy being up and close to the NPC's, no PvP action yet, still too much a noob.

Gassernorm on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Patch day.

No more titan blapping.

No more minerals from drones.

The crokite must flow.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Wait, no more minerals from drones? What does that mean for the drone russians?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    Gassernorm wrote: »
    V1m,
    Finished training Gfrigates IV, working on Engineering IV, then Mechanics IV, Gfrigates V, Mechanics V, and to round it out, Assault ships, does that sound reasonable? Any recommendation for ammo in a small hybrid turret? Finally, are light missles worth anything? So far I enjoy being up and close to the NPC's, no PvP action yet, still too much a noob.

If you want to train for an assault ship, the Enyo and Ishkur can both be really mean when armor tanked and equipped with blasters. For PvP you'll use Caldari Navy antimatter ammo; for PvE you probably want to stick with normal antimatter. They're kind of expensive to fit out properly, however (~50m), so you might want to focus on getting in bigger T1 ships first so you can have a stable income. I don't know much about light missiles, but they don't get used much on Gallente ships.

• Options
    JohanFlickJohanFlick Registered User regular
    Death Squads, what a hilarious idea. If anyone in Merchi is on this and need some support in highsec, I'll gladly help. Scanning, suicide alts, orca support, you name it and I likely have it.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I'm not really any kind of expert on advanced Frigate combate; Cruisers are more my thing, but Null and Void are both viable blaster ammos now as well as CN/FN Antimatter.

• Options
    JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    No more minerals from drones ... wow the Russians are gonna be pissed lol...

That may mean them pushing out to try to conquer some regular territory. Much like the Middle East running out of oil :)

• Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    So NPC wrecks aren't dropping modules anymore? Am I understanding this correctly? Are they dropping anything else to make up for it, or are NPC wrecks only good for salvage?

• Options
    LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    NPC wrecks are no longer dropping modules that can be made via blueprint; ie. Meta 1. Instead they will drop metal scraps. Named mods will still drop at the same frequency they did before.

• Options
    StorkStork Registered User regular
    Well that patch went through without any real trouble, kind of blows my mind.

Anyone here getting rich on the mineral price spike yet?

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I did not get in early enough, but I imagine anyone smart enough to lurk in our isk channel for the past few months has doubled or tripled their investment.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    JediNight wrote: »
    No more minerals from drones ... wow the Russians are gonna be pissed lol...

That may mean them pushing out to try to conquer some regular territory. Much like the Middle East running out of oil :)

Most of the RUS alliances are in no position to conquer anybody, having rotted away into decadence and been exposed as total paper tigers. The only exception is Solar Fleet, who already have a vast amount of space.

• Options
    rucdocrucdoc Crazy guy in the corner ClassifiedRegistered User regular
    and the rifter breaks 10k wooo

Original Creepy Janitor

http://www.dust514stats.com
  • Options
    runaway_pancakerunaway_pancake Registered User regular
    So, Raiden just kicked their own sov-holding corp without realizing it. The only people more retarded than us are our enemies.

• Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Kind of wondering if I should come back and play this. How is it doing nowadays?

It sounds like CCP are being a bunch of cocks given the whole thing with the Mittani and the latest fan fest. The whole fan fest presentation also looked pretty badly put together. Which you'd think CCP would have vetted the thing to keep that from happening ahead of time. You had went from droll presentations by alliances, to actually funny stuff in the middle of the table. And then by the end the audience was getting actively trolled/screamed at as people got more and more drunk and they ran over their timers. You could see people filing out the back as they kept talking.

I did a short stint with the PA fleet (MERCHI, I think.) a few years ago, but that's my only experience outside of empire space. Mostly, I come back and play for a month every half year or so. Then look back on my time in game and inevitably say to myself "Holy shit. That was fucking boring!" and promptly unsub before I can get charged before the next month.

The whole mess with Incarna and the lack of a finished station game also happened to put me off the game pretty well last time I played. All that effort for a cubicle to screw around in wasn't that fulfilling and I thought was kind of unprofessional, since they were selling some ridiculously expensive items in an unfinished part of the game.

Doesn't help that I like the idea of flying carriers/ships that spew out lots of expendable smaller ships in space sims. And that from what I understand the best race for that, the Gallente, have up until recently been pretty shit compared to the other races. Also that my current spec favors Gallente ships quite heavily from what I recall.

Basically, is the game worth playing if you're going to play it casually and don't have time to log in every day for a corp? Or is all the fun still out in the depths of open PVP space? Also, what are the odds of CCP pulling another dick move towards their consumers in the immediate future?

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Archonex wrote: »
    Basically, is the game worth playing if you're going to play it casually and don't have time to log in every day for a corp? Or is all the fun still out in the depths of open PVP space? Also, what are the odds of CCP pulling another dick move towards their consumers in the immediate future?

Yes, Yes, and Likely. I think a lot of us are wondering how they'll respond to a lot of the economic warfare that we've been up to lately. But CCP has also been putting out lots of great stuff, so I'm willing to roll with some odd decisions.

Ellthiteren on
  • Options
    So, Raiden just kicked their own sov-holding corp without realizing it. The only people more retarded than us are our enemies.

This is amazing.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Confusion to our enemies!

Not... that this requires any efforts on our part!

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Kind of wondering if I should come back and play this. How is it doing nowadays?

It sounds like CCP are being a bunch of cocks given the whole thing with the Mittani and the latest fan fest. The whole fan fest presentation also looked pretty badly put together. Which you'd think CCP would have vetted the thing to keep that from happening ahead of time. You had went from droll presentations by alliances, to actually funny stuff in the middle of the table. And then by the end the audience was getting actively trolled/screamed at as people got more and more drunk and they ran over their timers. You could see people filing out the back as they kept talking.

I did a short stint with the PA fleet (MERCHI, I think.) a few years ago, but that's my only experience outside of empire space. Mostly, I come back and play for a month every half year or so. Then look back on my time in game and inevitably say to myself "Holy shit. That was fucking boring!" and promptly unsub before I can get charged before the next month.

The whole mess with Incarna and the lack of a finished station game also happened to put me off the game pretty well last time I played. All that effort for a cubicle to screw around in wasn't that fulfilling and I thought was kind of unprofessional, since they were selling some ridiculously expensive items in an unfinished part of the game.

Doesn't help that I like the idea of flying carriers/ships that spew out lots of expendable smaller ships in space sims. And that from what I understand the best race for that, the Gallente, have up until recently been pretty shit compared to the other races. Also that my current spec favors Gallente ships quite heavily from what I recall.

Amarr have some pretty nice drone ships (Arbitrator hulls); the Curse is the archetypal solo pwnship, as long as you stay away from buffer-tanked missile boats...

Basically if all you do is dick about in safe space doing boring things then you are going to be bored. If you just wait for the fun stuff to happen it never will. So you can either join a group and join in on their fun stuff activities or you have to get out there and make the fun stuff happen.

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    There's supposed to be some real deep shit going on this weekend. Jita is scheduled to burn, for example. Might be interesting to jump on and take a look.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    V1m wrote: »

Amarr have some pretty nice drone ships (Arbitrator hulls); the Curse is the archetypal solo pwnship, as long as you stay away from buffer-tanked missile boats...

Basically if all you do is dick about in safe space doing boring things then you are going to be bored. If you just wait for the fun stuff to happen it never will. So you can either join a group and join in on their fun stuff activities or you have to get out there and make the fun stuff happen.

Funny thing. I specced very heavily into Gallente ships and fittings on my current main before I realized that apparently their ships were very sub-par by comparison. D:

My original character was a full on Caldari missile lover, though. Given that I was very new back then (Was probably 5 years ago or more? Need to resub to check.), it never really got off the ground. Something about those ISO ship designs really appeals to me though. That character hasn't been used in years. Last time I used him, it was to help a few newbies get their legs in empire space with a character that I didn't mind risking a ton of low end gear/ships over if it was a scam.

I may wait until this Gallente rebalancing patch goes through to resub. I heard from a friend that they're finally getting a balance pass.

I like the idea of piloting a carrier (And it's what i've been slowly working up to, with some side speccing into industry or mining to keep my character afloat financially in the mean-time.), but until then i've specced myself to the point where I can handle drone cruisers in empire space pretty well. Which makes for some hilariously easy missioning with the right loadout. Last time I played, i'd drop into a high tier agent mission, go AFK for about ten, then come back and spend half an hour salvaging all the delicious loot as my behemoth of a cruiser slowly lurched from point to point.

I'll probably sign up once I get the chance, either way. The market for MMO's is kind of slim at the moment when it comes to ingenuity. And Cryptic has been royally pissing me off lately with some of the stunts they've pulled.

There anything I need to know about the PA corp nowadays? The OP appears to have been banned, so i'm assuming the OP hasn't been updated in awhile.

Archonex on
  • Options
    Well Gallente ships got a significant indirect boost from the Hybrids buff; Blasters are a lot better now and small and large rails are worth using again (mediums still not so much). I think most of the blaster boats also got a small agility boost as well (~5%), which is handy. Both blasters and rails got a big reduction in fittings and cap use, which is another indirect buff to Gallente.

Have a look at the Talos, for instance. You can easily get well over 1200 DPS from it, it's fast as hell for a BC, and it's eggshell thin. Pretty much the platonic ideal of what a blaster boat should be (it also makes for a pretty decent fleet sniper).

Basically things aren't as bad as they were for Gallente. They still have fewer best-in-class ships than Amarr or Minmatar, but they're far from gimped.

• Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ... The OP appears to have been banned, so i'm assuming the OP hasn't been updated in awhile.

Oh wow, yea she is. Looks like people found the "Report" button in some politico threads. God speed OP.

Drain on
    N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    The OP has been banned for months now.

Also, he was banned for having an alternate account, which I find hilarious.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So.. uh... new thread?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    I think Gorn was working on a new one.

• Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    We have to hit 100 pages though right?

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    +1 thread is a go?

• Options
    Pretty sure the best course of action is to write an OP, let the mods know the thread creator of this thread got banned and ask permission to post the new one, as opposed to spamming.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Did someone leave their Jita Pop unattended on the stove? It looks like something is burning,

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Today is a clearly a good day to jump into Jita.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    That is one heck of a loss right there. I can't even imagine losing that much stuff in game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    That's beautiful.

• Options
    Just Some DudeJust Some Dude Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    That is one heck of a loss right there. I can't even imagine losing that much stuff in game.

Not at all related to the Jita thing, but we also conned a dude out of this the other day:
    KEYVi.jpg

Not Shown: 2 carriers and 1b isk.

Cog in the machine Cog Herder
  • Options
    I can't even begin to imagine how you could amass that kind of in-game wealth, and then fall for a scam and lose it. I mean I'm just barely a space billionaire (peanuts compared to this kind of stuff) and I approach every deal by assuming it's a scam. Anybody that claims I am paranoid hasn't been in EVE long enough.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If you are suggesting that you can make piles of isk in hi-sec doing things in complete security without a brain, I agree with you.

• Options
    Fair enough, level 4 missions are fairly profitable and all that jazz, as well as incursions. I really ought to get back out into space and do stuff again, I've been docked for a while training up skills while playing another MMO with some friends. I could use some variety in my MMO time though, so guess I'll have to track down the people I used to play with and join the re-organized corporation instead of being a lazy ass and sitting in a basically empty one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    Fair enough, level 4 missions are fairly profitable and all that jazz, as well as incursions. I really ought to get back out into space and do stuff again, I've been docked for a while training up skills while playing another MMO with some friends. I could use some variety in my MMO time though, so guess I'll have to track down the people I used to play with and join the re-organized corporation instead of being a lazy ass and sitting in a basically empty one.

Hi5 Chrisnl me too, except replace 'another MMO' with 'Steam Game Bank' :rotate:

I'm currently skilling up an alt to do incursions without needing to travel out of 0.0 on my main. No idea if i'll app the char to Merch, we'll see.

EVE; the only game I pay to NOT play.

• Options
    Someone was getting ready for Hulkageddon. Shame he had to move all those veldspar mining crystals at the same time, or he could have used a covops and not died.

• Options

Not at all related to the Jita thing, but we also conned a dude out of this the other day:
    KEYVi.jpg

Not Shown: 2 carriers and 1b isk.

Haha, that was a good one. Total haul for this week:
    -Everything in that image (~4 billion isk?), plus 2 carriers (~3 billion isk?) and a 1 billion isk security deposit
    -A couple battleships, battlecruisers, and T2 cruisers/frigates (~1 billion isk) and a 500 million isk security deposit
    -Orca and Hulk (~1 billion isk)
    -Faction fit T3 cruiser and some T2 frigates/cruisers (~1.5 billion isk)

So something like 12 billion in a week. A couple of those were split with someone else, and I owe MRCHI 15% of what I ended up with, but still.

This discussion has been closed.