As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TF2] Pyromania Update Day 3! MEET THE PYRO RELEASED! Do you believe in magic?

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Maybe

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I got a thing but I will try and make the magic happen at 7pm EDT before I have to go.

Bear is Driving on
    Maybe

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I'd be totally down for playing tonight.

Maybe.

pHWHd2G.jpg
    I know it's super early but I will be on for the next hour. I did some invites but people seem to be eating.

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I am at work but no one has come in yet. I don't suspect anyone will considering no one has been in the past week. No one needs music theory tutoring this late in the semester.

edited April 2012
    IT BEGINS

JOIN USSSS

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited April 2012
    It would be super cool if an admin reads this if they could free us from awful maps and no alltalk.

Thank you.

EDIT: Apparently Crashisadumbmill works well for bringing in pubs.

Bear is Driving on
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Sorry I had to bail multiple times. Gotta tutor peeps.

• UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Good games tonight. I've got some more replays I took, I'll have to edit them later though. This one was my favorite of the night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLS7Itf1QrA

Beta is the one getting his head stomped in.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I love getting in on Honc shenanigans, but it always reminds me how much I need to improve (read: I am bad at this game). I feel like I'm free points to anyone who remotely knows what they're doing. >.<

Definitely part of why I generally wander into Valve servers when I feel the itch to play. You get better players wandering around there too, but on the average I'm less likely to feel like I'm dragging my entire team down. I'll sit near or at the top of the board there, but I'm lucky to not be rock bottom when Honc'ing. Speaks to the calibre of player the server attracts, to be sure.

That said, good times trainsawlaser'ing last night! Also, throwing people off cliffs a stony ridge.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I hate you, Crash.

<3:(

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
    Walrus had a really good goomba stomp earlier when he accidentally walked off a ledge and fell about a foot onto some poor pub and got the kill.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I probably have the worst mindset for this game. Every time I'm killed I blame some situational aspect uninvolved with the opponents skill, like walking into a soldier after dealing with another soldier that took half my health. Or the opponent having a medic glued to their ass 24/7, or turning around for no apparent reason at the exact right moment where I can't use any cover.

Only after the game I realize that I overextend myself all the fucking time looking for a flank. I never stick with another dude, always take an alternate route for that sneak attack.

Although when I do stick with a group I just become cannon fodder as they ignore all threats to focus down me the pyro behind the medic/heavy combo. I dunno what new playstyle/mindset I should try for improving.

VRXwDW7.png
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Mindset: Kill Mans.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    mindset: huddah huddah huddah

Also note I don't get the traditional idea of practice. The few times I got Walkway to work it just felt like dicking around and that this was not helping at all. Especially with airblast timings and airshots. Seems I would need a better custom scenario for those things, like a dodgeball server and whatever crap is available for airshots. Kinda hesitant on trying out a training map unless I'm doing it with dudes I know. Might be cool to try that once on HonC when I get back home.

VRXwDW7.png
    Just remember, Mavers, cold hard cash for Prophunt.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    Valve servers are probably the best "training" out there. Pretty much any regular of the PA server will be a scoreboard topping asshole on a Valve server, which means instead of stressing out about whether you're helping the team, you can screw around with strategies and figure out how they work.

Granted, when you come up against good players you still won't be great, but at least you'll have some experience under your belt which aids the learning process.

In my day I was terrible playing on HonC and I just got my ass kicked every night until I learned to not suck.

Yeah, well in those days, HonC was full every night.

These days you have to actually invite people to maybe get the place half full.

Yep.

:(

Like, I can hold my own with the usual guys and sometimes top the scoreboard if I'm lucky and for one brief moment everyone ignores me as I rain explosive death on everyone. But there are many situations where I could be better.

VRXwDW7.png
    So with that tale told, I'm off to PUBSTOMP.

Stubpomp

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    I don't like this game but I reinstalled it so people should play on the PA server.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    Honc honc.

• GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Looks like they fixed the bugs introduced in the previous patch:
    Updates to Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
    Fixed a problem that allowed malicious clients to disable the "ping" and "status" commands for other connected clients

Team Fortress 2
    Added The Toss-Proof Towel
    Fixed a bug that caused many avatar images to not show up in the scoreboard
    Fixed the Sharpened Volcano Fragment not igniting players
    Fixed damage to buildings applying on-hit effects such as the Übersaw charge
    Fixed Sticky Jumper stickybombs changing team when air-blasted
    Fixed large floating point values getting truncated in WebAPI responses
    sǝlıℲ uoıʇɐʇɐzılɐɔo˥ pǝʇɐpd∩

Community request
    Added SetForcedTauntCam player input for map makers to place the player into third-person

Griswold on
    FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
    They also messed with the crit visual effect. Stickies look like goddamn christmas ornaments now, you can literally see the glow around corners.

I doubt it was intentional.

They seem to be doing that a lot lately.

• LokiamisLokiamis Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    I don't like this game but I reinstalled it so people should play on the PA server.

yes this is something people should do for my benefit

dKloV.gif

6 seconds of Meet the Pyro

In about 10 minutes (5PM EST) there will be a map test of Stoneyridge on the TF2Maps server. Join on me or add 70.42.74.31:27015 to your server list.

• Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    In about 10 minutes (5PM EST) there will be a map test of Stoneyridge on the TF2Maps server. Join on me or add 70.42.74.31:27015 to your server list.

Thank you to everyone who came out and tested with us. If you can jump over and raise the roof with your thoughts on the test and map (LIKES, dislikes, LOVES, hates, issues, exploits, etc.) thanks. :)

I like how all the tf2maps regulars were getting cranky at the PAers actually using voice chat and having fun.

Several of them were all 'best command ever is voice_enable 0 smug.gif'.

I like that half of us didn't even realize we weren't on honc.

There shall be no fun had during map tests.

Unfortunately for them, having PAers playing probably gave them the best playtesting they've ever had. Some really bad players show up for those test runs.

Stoneyridge tested the best of all the maps tested yesterday. Granted it's further along in development but we found some serious balance problems on everything.. Croissant was particularly bad.

And wasn't it billed as RC2?

I wasn't paying attention but that's pretty bad if it was. It really looked great, visually it could be an RC, but playwise it needs a bunch of work.

This discussion has been closed.