As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm making a Community thread (and other former Thursday TV)

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Legba wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I dont get it.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Someone keeps moving my chair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Wolf

I was assuming it had something to do with flowering plants (like the Yam) and Neil doing it for sexing (male reproductive organs)

Seriously wrote: »
    the other cameo's what floored me personally

What cameo was that?

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Leslie Hendrix

the real, actual medical examiner from law and orders svu, ci and original flavor

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    This was pretty much the perfect episode till the end.

• PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

What cameo was that?

The forensics doctor from Law and Order.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    you motherfuckers ain't recognizing ironside by sight alone disgust a bro

I was waiting for him to ask Todd if he wanted to live forever.

Ahh I knew she was familiar

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Piotyr wrote: »

What cameo was that?

Her appearance adds Community to the thing where every show takes place inside the mind of the autistic kid from St. Elsewhere!

mkc.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    If only Munch had shown up.

That's what I said!
    But I guess he can't do all the heavy lifting of adding sitcoms to the universe

mkc.png
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »

I was waiting for him to ask Todd if he wanted to live forever.

you're okay

7656367.jpg
    question about the 30 Rock live East coast version
    Who was the guy crossdressing behind Jimmy Fallon? I know I know him but I can't place the face

Fred Armisen
    He is an SNL douche
    Also a Portlandia douche

mkc.png
  • Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    question about the 30 Rock live East coast version
    Who was the guy crossdressing behind Jimmy Fallon? I know I know him but I can't place the face
    Fred Armisen. From SNL and Portlandia.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
    Ok thank you. That was really bothering me,

edited April 2012
    He was actually in the background of the episode like 3 or 4 times, in different capacities

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    YOU WILL EAT CAT POOP

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    He was actually in the background of the episode like 3 or 4 times, in different capacities

He was Frank 2.0 for a bit

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular

Hey hey, I recognized him on sight.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Piotyr wrote: »

What cameo was that?

Her appearance adds Community to the thing where every show takes place inside the mind of the autistic kid from St. Elsewhere!

That's only if she's actually playing the same character.

b1ehrMM.gif
    edited April 2012
    I'm pretty comfortable assuming it's the same character for the purposes of this game
    Especially since it's frigging I'm-on-a-TV-show-meta-meta Community

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular

He's not exactly the lithe Jester I remember.

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Fred Armisen rules. Also, Amy Poehler really wrote a great episode last night. Her acting was also fantastic.

jkZziGc.png
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Holy poop Community was amazing.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Crossposting:

KalTorak wrote: »
    I want gifs of Annie's "BOOYAH!" "HAHA!" and victory dance from the courtroom scene ASAP.

I don't know how big this file is so i'm linking it: i.imgur.com/n7dJb.gif

edit: Also: i.imgur.com/ebSg9.gif

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Fred Armisen rules. Also, Amy Poehler really wrote a great episode last night. Her acting was also fantastic.

I cannot agree enough. I knew that she had to, and would in-story, destroy in her final statement. However, I know it's so hard for professional political people to write or think that succinctly and articulately even when a softball is lobbed at them. So it is a huge credit to her skill as a writer that Poehler was able to balance it so perfectly. It was like the climax of the first West Wing debate episode when Bartlet just nails it with "What are the next eight words?"

so Community is doing a ninety minute finale thing on May 17th

one episode kicks off the night, followed by the 30 rock finale, followed by the season's final episode of community, which is a full hour

That means there's only 3 more weeks of community!

I don't know what's up next. I think they've covered all episodes they teased over the hiatus. I remember hearing about this L&O one, and the dreamatorium one, and the Pillow-Blanket War.

Has Community been picked up for a fourth season yet?

Has Community been picked up for a fourth season yet?

Not yet but things are looking good since they came back from the hiatus.

chang has to rise up and we have a funeral coming

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    captaink wrote: »

I don't know what's up next. I think they've covered all episodes they teased over the hiatus. I remember hearing about this L&O one, and the dreamatorium one, and the Pillow-Blanket War.

major spoilers, don't read if you wanna be surprised
    I read somewhere that the next episode is Starburns' funeral, and the study group gets expelled and spends the rest of the season trying to get back into Greendale

EDIT: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/27/community-law-order-death/

Speed Racer on

major spoilers, don't read if you wanna be surprised
    I read somewhere that the next episode is Starburns' funeral, and the study group gets expelled and spends the rest of the season trying to get back into Greendale

EDIT: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/27/community-law-order-death/

That article has a Dan Harmon quote that must be shared (no future spoilers)
    Not that there wasn’t some hesitation in ridding Greendale of one of its most colorful characters and formidable forces. “My first thought when we talked about killing Star-Burns was, ‘Oh no!’ because the whole point was that each year he was going to have a new affectation,” says Harmon. “I wanted the show to run forever and have the guy turn into this umber hulk covered in branches and monocles and roller blades, and unable to function as a human being because of all these things that identify him. But then I think of Daffy Duck being tiny and grabbing that big pearl and saying, ‘Mine, mine, mine!’ and the clam shell slowly closing, which is how I always perceive people who won’t let go of stuff in the moment. You need to be Bugs Bunny and not Daffy Duck. You took a left turn at Albuquerque, you’re in a genie’s cave, you have to deal with it on the fly. That’s where joy comes from… I keep finding on this show that plans are the antithesis of good TV.”

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    But then I think of Daffy Duck being tiny and grabbing that big pearl and saying, ‘Mine, mine, mine!’ and the clam shell slowly closing, which is how I always perceive people who won’t let go of stuff in the moment. You need to be Bugs Bunny and not Daffy Duck. You took a left turn at Albuquerque, you’re in a genie’s cave, you have to deal with it on the fly. That’s where joy comes from…

this is actually an amazing quote

• ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    Was Star-Burns trying to make out with Kendra with a Q U?

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I thought it was her at first too but I don't think so

Picture%201.png

maybe? She's never not making a weird face

ok that caption on the wiki of the picture of her and Jeff "taking quover" during paintball made me laugh.

This discussion has been closed.