As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]nequa don't live here no mo'

• ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'm not down on it. I think atmospherically it's a cool setup between the musical presentation and the idea of a last-man-on-earth mech pilot kept in stasis during the apocalypse (although, "nature reclaims the metropolis" is becoming the new "desertified wasteland" of cliche post-apocalyptic settings)

I just think it's prudent to reserve any enthusiasm until they actually have a product that exists and is worth attention, not just a 2 minute CG short.

Scosglen on
  • ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    ... and how they are or are not translating to their idea of you as "an artist" or how "skilled"/"amateurish" you are. It can be embarrassing to post art you know isn't 100% okay, but...that's how you learn, right?
    I don't really care if other people know that I'm bad, I know I'm bad. I think the best way to overcome caring about others opinions is fall flat on your face a few times. I think the self-criticizing part is when you admit that you've fallen on your face, instead of ignoring it, you learn from it :)

• Faded_SneakersFaded_Sneakers City of AngelsRegistered User regular
    I've gained so much weight I think my belly has begun eating things on its own. Things about which my mouth and hands know nothing. I've checked my naval for teeth and as yet have not been bitten.

I'm afraid.

Instagram: fadedsneakers
  • m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Kochikens wrote: »
    The only thing I can think during that trailer is TREE'S DON'T GROW THAT WAY
    It did look a lot like a trailer for Speedtree.
    edit: google 'zerg rush'
    touché google, touché

m3nace on
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Godfather wrote: »
    Enc wrote: »
    I really wish I could have gone to art school. I learn best with a structured education. :/

You might be surprised ahahaha

Maybe, but I feel like I'm floundering blind through my sketchbooks.

I guess I just keep doing that until I slowly develop dardevil/toph like perceptions? I made something that didn't look flat yesterday, which was pretty cool.

• NicNic Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So due to some inexplicable bug, my character in Fallout New Vegas is now practically blind. Everything is really dark, and it's none of the settings.
    I fast traveled from one place to the next and then boom, who turned out the lights?
    If it was the PC version I could probably do some fiddling with the debug console, or the problem wouldn't be happening at all. But no, I'm playing the PS3 version and nothing I do (resetting) can really fix it. I could load a previous save I suppose, it wouldn't be a terrible loss of progress. I just find it weird as hell.

Edit: forgot to mention that menus and loading screens are perfectly normal, as is the HUD and Pipboy 3000 display.

Nic on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    Man, one of my co-workers takes birthdays way too seriously. We always sing and eat cake on everyone's bday, but for the last one this particular co-worker was unable to go... well, actually, we forgot to call her. This was a week ago, she is now en route to get cake so we can sing him a second time.

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    I've gained so much weight I think my belly has begun eating things on its own. Things about which my mouth and hands know nothing. I've checked my naval for teeth and as yet have not been bitten.

I'm afraid.

I have a similar problem but in the other direction! I've been super stressed out and I haven't been eating. Now I'm having ulcer pains when my stomach is empty and I suffer and feel like it's eating itself 80% of the time. Which makes me lose my appetite. But the pain doesn't go away until I eat something, and then 20 minutes later it hurts again. -_____-

• FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Nic wrote: »
    So due to some inexplicable bug, my character in Fallout New Vegas is now practically blind. Everything is really dark, and it's none of the settings.
    I fast traveled from one place to the next and then boom, who turned out the lights?
    If it was the PC version I could probably do some fiddling with the debug console, or the problem wouldn't be happening at all. But no, I'm playing the PS3 version and nothing I do (resetting) can really fix it. I could load a previous save I suppose, it wouldn't be a terrible loss of progress. I just find it weird as hell.

Edit: forgot to mention that menus and loading screens are perfectly normal, as is the HUD and Pipboy 3000 display.

Why on earth would you do anything in a console when there are PCs ? (btw the PC version was buggy as HELL, lots of crashes to desktop, more than anyone can endure)

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen

I'm afraid.

I have a similar problem but in the other direction! I've been super stressed out and I haven't been eating. Now I'm having ulcer pains when my stomach is empty and I suffer and feel like it's eating itself 80% of the time. Which makes me lose my appetite. But the pain doesn't go away until I eat something, and then 20 minutes later it hurts again. -_____-

This happened to me a lot. It turned out to be gas that got stuck when I didn't eat. My pain was not in the stomach per say, but in the lower abdomen.

I'm afraid.

This happened to me a lot. It turned out to be gas that got stuck when I didn't eat. My pain was not in the stomach per say, but in the lower abdomen.

f it is happening a lot on the upper end of the abdomen it can be an indicator of breaky things with your gall bladder and appendix. Happened with my wife a few years back.

Melting Doll, if you are in persistent paint in your digestive track you should probably see a doctor!

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I made lasagna for family and friends last night. Two pans of lasagna.

8.5 lbs of meat
    7+ lbs of various kinds of cheese
    four boxes of pasta

FANTOMAS wrote: »
    Why on earth would you do anything in a console when there are PCs ? (btw the PC version was buggy as HELL, lots of crashes to desktop, more than anyone can endure)

My PC was shit at the time I bought F:NV. I could run it now, but whatevs.

• FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    send me some, Im hungry, PLEASE!

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
    Man, some lasagna sounds pretty good right now.

I'm actually disappointed in it because I burned the sauce. :c

Stupid thin metal at the bottom of the stock pot I used...

My mom makes it and adds broccoli-carrot slaw mixed with some red onions in there. Gives it a bit of crunch and some vegetable content. Man, it's been like years.

I know what I'm making for dinner tonight... for tomorrow night.

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Guys, how does one go about researching accurate period attire?

I'm afraid.

f it is happening a lot on the upper end of the abdomen it can be an indicator of breaky things with your gall bladder and appendix. Happened with my wife a few years back.

Melting Doll, if you are in persistent paint in your digestive track you should probably see a doctor!

Once I knew what it was, I ate regularly and it stopped. My life has greatly been improved by eating more.

Fugitive wrote: »

What period? Wikipedia actually has some pretty interesting visual depiction articles to get ya started:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Western_fashion

Or just stop eating all that Paint!!!

edited April 2012
    Lol
    Jake wrote:
    Of course!
    Fire is quite notoriously the hottest thing there is. A tip top locale for a whole mess of irons!

Made my day

ninjai on
  • BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    Well, howdy there, PA:AC. How the fuck have you been?

• JeckalHydeJeckalHyde Lord Awesome New ZealandRegistered User regular
    jeez buckwolfe its been awhile, i think you will find its pretty much the same.

Thomas Was Alone looks to be pretty entertaining.

JeckalHyde wrote: »
    jeez buckwolfe its been awhile, i think you will find its pretty much the same.

I'll be the judge of that!

edited April 2012
    I'll be the judge, jury, and executioner of that!

i-am-the-law.jpg?w=490

Nic on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Fugitive wrote: »

What period? Wikipedia actually has some pretty interesting visual depiction articles to get ya started:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Western_fashion

Hey that should work perfectly. Thanks!

edited April 2012
    I don't think we know each other, but I am now forming an opinion of you as a person simply for referencing that awful fucking movie...

You aren't doing all that well so far. >=P
    I'm kidding of course
    Or am I?

And also, why are they remaking that awful fucking movie? In what universe was that a good idea?

Buckwolfe on
  • JeckalHydeJeckalHyde Lord Awesome New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Buckwolfe wrote: »

And also, why are they remaking that awful fucking movie? In what universe was that a good idea?

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.
    It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge.
    This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call "The Twilight Zone".

This universe.

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular

I'm afraid.

Once I knew what it was, I ate regularly and it stopped. My life has greatly been improved by eating more.

I'm 99% sure it's ulcer pain. I've had ulcers before, and this is similar. It's the acid sitting in my stomach without any food that makes me hurt. The alternative is usually to eat something and if it isn't milk, I just have bad heartburn instead. I can't really afford doc visits with apartment searching and car repairs in the works, but it sucks that said problems are what's most likely giving me the (probable)ulcer. Hurr

• MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular

8.5 lbs of meat
    four boxes of pasta

Yo, that's my flagship in the kitchen.
    What do you use for the sauce? I love it with onion, peppers, carrot, and champignons.

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I'm afraid.

It wont bite you because it knows better, stick a twinkie in there and its gone for sure, also you will notice skinny people who eat constantly and gain no weight, well since there is newtons law of conservation of matter, it transfers microscopically to fat people.

/shakes pudgy sausage like fingers at the tiny people..... mmmm sausage

farbekrieg on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    I think i'm going to start researching about good comic construction. I'm not particulary interested in making comics or reading a lot of them, i'd just like to find out how it works is all. Plus it'd be nice to be able to put a good label on certain moments I enjoyed in certain stories and be able to explain why :)

Well there's certainly nothing fucking wrong with that, GF. Even though you stated from the get go that you don't have any particular interest in making or reading comics, you may actually find, in the process of learning ABOUT them, that there's a lot there that you might enjoy. Both in the making and reading of said comics, I mean.

No sense in denying yourself.....well, anything, really. =P

edited April 2012
    Mayday wrote: »

8.5 lbs of meat
    four boxes of pasta

Yo, that's my flagship in the kitchen.
    What do you use for the sauce? I love it with onion, peppers, carrot, and champignons.

I start with meatballs - 1/2 beef, 1/2 pork. A shitload of parsley, parmesan cheese, italian breadcrumbs, and eggs
    Cook them in olive oil, put em in another pan, deglaze the original pan w/ wine or stock (whatever) and pour that sauce-base mixture into the pot with the meatballs

Add crushed tomato, tomato paste, beef stock, red wine, olive oil, parsley, oregano, and parmesan cheese and simmer.

I use a potato masher to crumble the meatballs and in a separate bowl mix ricotta, parsley, mozarella, and more parmesan cheese (and eggs), and then start to assemble the lasagna.

I want to make it again. Next time I wont fuck it up by burning the sauce.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    edited April 2012
    YEAH!!! just waking up for the WIN!

ninjai on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    so uh
    someone bought me a beer tonight
    it was pretty thick and tasted like chocolate and coffee
    can anyone tell me what I drank?
    so I can drink more of it

edited April 2012
    That really doesn't narrow it down much, other than that it was brand of beer that has a chocolate line. Which, like I said, doesn't narrow it down too much....

Probably a stupid question, but why not ask the person who bought you the drink in the first place????

And also, hello, Tam. Long time.

Buckwolfe on
  • Faded_SneakersFaded_Sneakers City of AngelsRegistered User regular
    I realize I lose a certain amount of nerd street cred but I've never seen Dr who. Recently though I've had a frighteningly large numerous of unrelated people slide to comment on or draw parallels from it. So much so I'm thinking of buying some seasons of it instead of the complete series of west wing.

However I have questions ...

Is the new series a remake like battle star galactica

What show or film would you compare it to

Is it responsible for canceling firefly

What is your single favorite aspect of the show

Preemptive thank yous

Instagram: fadedsneakers
This discussion has been closed.