As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ceci n'est pas une webcomic thread

• SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    i just wanna give tatsuya ishida a swirly so bad

Cause and effect, man. What do you think started this abusive relationship between him and the world

Tripped and his sense of humor fell out?

xet8c.gif

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    2012-04-26-frankie-no.png

EzUAYcn.png
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    363.gif

zkHcp.jpg
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Sal wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »

i was here

i saw this. i walked past it four or five times and each time a little part of my soul shrivelled up and blew away

seriously he was selling that shit for money

Was there anyone else at the booth

please tell me no one was giving this man money

i don't know, i couldn't make myself look at it for more than a second

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    it was actually really weird

the dude's not an artist and yet he's sitting there selling commissions cool as you please

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Draws better than I do, at least.

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    i just wanna give tatsuya ishida a swirly-go-round so bad

b1ehrMM.gif
    mat20120428.png

EzUAYcn.png
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    it's because ishida has no inherent sense of shame

unlike the japanese people he fetishizes

reposig.jpg
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    man look at that gary whipping it out in the 2nd panel

zkHcp.jpg
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »

The difference is that you don't try to sell dreck that you've spent ten years not improving.

[IMG][/img]
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    i'd honestly rather buy funnywebcomic merchandise then sinfest

[edit] given the choice i'd opt for assisted suicide though

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg

The difference is that you don't try to sell dreck that you've spent ten years not improving.

Which is why I'm going to try to scrounge up a couple bagfuls of cans and bottles tonight in order to have enough money for late-night kimchi and tea.

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    mat20120428.png

my dates

• .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    I just checked out the last bunch of strips that are on funnywebcomic and am not opposed to that person making money through it if they can. Living's expensive, peoples, gotta get that bread right.

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    I just checked out the last bunch of strips that are on funnywebcomic and am not opposed to that person making money through it if they can. Living's expensive, peoples, gotta get that bread right.

You are a much more lenient soul than I, Mr. Firman.

[IMG][/img]
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Caveat on my interpretation: I'm one of those guys that argues shit too much.

No you don't.

Suck my dick.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

No you don't.

Suck my dick.

No you

Suck your dick

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    edited April 2012
    It's like, I get the frustration from observing a lack of improvement, but the person is still doing work, and being creative can sure get taxing, let alone trying to turn it into a personal business.

If there was a regular employee that served me for ten years at a subway shop and they didn't even do that good a job, but they did it, I wouldn't wish that they earn no money at all. That's pretty cruel.

Of course I do a lot of projecting in this thread. And struggle with financial stuff. I can't even muster the courage or smarts to attempt business yet (except for one remarkable failure) so I respect a webcomicker that is promoting at cons, selling their shit, and trying to make a go of it.

Edit: You might have to adjust in your imagination the subway shop scenario to compensate for my poor analogy skills.

.Tripwire. on
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular

No you don't.

Suck my dick.

No you

Suck your dick

You think he'd be here if he could do that?

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    So this movie

ME and You and Everyone We Know

is like....

SE++

in film form

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    and trying to make a go of it.

He is not trying very hard. You writing that post was trying harder at being an artist.

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Oghulk wrote: »
    So this movie

is like....

SE++

in film form
    ))<>((

EzUAYcn.png

Which is why I'm going to try to scrounge up a couple bagfuls of cans and bottles tonight in order to have enough money for late-night kimchi and tea.

@SabreMau I feel like I may have accidentally said something to give offense here.

If that's the case, I apologize.

[IMG][/img]
    So this movie

is like....

SE++

in film form
    ))<>((

I love you

crwth let's go back and forth together forever

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    dSyWn.jpg

Nope, absolutely no way is anything going to go wrong here

I'm sure that guy will die in the desert and never be seen again

I always sound so judgmental in this thread.
    I'm writing a book about how Hitler started out as an artist and became evil after people made fun of his comics.

are you saying that cameron davis could be the next hitler

EzUAYcn.png
    Nah, it's just that after getting paid last night, taking care of outstanding bills and putting away savings for the upcoming new computer, I can walk a bunch of cans over to Whole Foods for recycle deposits and increase my spending money for the next couple weeks by 25%.

oh führerdog

EzUAYcn.png
    edited April 2012
    It's like, I get the frustration from observing a lack of improvement, but the person is still doing work, and being creative can sure get taxing, let alone trying to turn it into a personal business.

If there was a regular employee that served me for ten years at a subway shop and they didn't even do that good a job, but they did it, I wouldn't wish that they earn no money at all. That's pretty cruel.

Of course I do a lot of projecting in this thread. And struggle with financial stuff. I can't even muster the courage or smarts to attempt business yet (except for one remarkable failure) so I respect a webcomicker that is promoting at cons, selling their shit, and trying to make a go of it.

Edit: You might have to adjust in your imagination the subway shop scenario to compensate for my poor analogy skills.

I'm kind of torn on this one, to be honest.

On the one hand, I want to condemn Cameron Davis, because it annoys me to no end that this guy has spent ten years dwelling in his comfortable little creative rut, while there are artists out there that struggle day in and day out to improve their craft, and he thinks that he has the same license as people like you and Ronnie - people who actively try to improve their work - to try and make money off of his incredibly lackluster work. On the other hand, this is the same argument I made in regards to the Order of the Stick kickstarter, and people yelled at me because I was trying to dictate what art was, as well as which sort of artists have the "right" to experience any sort of success, creatively or financially, and I don't think anybody should have any level of control over either of those things, since art and taste in art are such fluid concepts.

So, really, while I want to say that Cameron Davis is a shitheel, I'm not sure if I should, because I don't want to fall into the same fallacy that I did when I said Rich Burlew didn't deserve one million dollars to make an OotS book.

I dunno. Should I be irked? Shouldn't I? I have no idea.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    So this movie

is like....

SE++

in film form

don't you ever fucking insult me like this again or i'll cut you down where you stand

7656367.jpg
    TL;DR: Can I say that Cameron Davis deserves no measure of success? Or would that be the same as when I said that Rich Burlew deserved no measure of success?

[IMG][/img]
    So this movie

is like....

SE++

in film form

don't you ever fucking insult me like this again or i'll cut you down where you stand

Oh please

you most of all

Guys, help, I am trying to be reasonable and edifying in regards to webcomics, save me before I start saying that Tim Buckley probably isn't a horse fucker.

[IMG][/img]
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    So this movie

is like....

SE++

in film form

Oh please

you most of all

oghullk I will snuff your life out in a heartbeat if you keep this up

it is not cool

not cool at all

7656367.jpg
    So this movie

is like....

SE++

in film form

Oh please

you most of all

oghullk I will snuff your life out in a heartbeat if you keep this up

it is not cool

not cool at all

Man, you trippin'

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    TL;DR: Can I say that Cameron Davis deserves no measure of success? Or would that be the same as when I said that Rich Burlew deserved no measure of success?

Saying someone doesn't "deserve" something is a pretty deep rabbit hole to go down.

The only person in the webcrumblics business who definitely deserves vitriol on that scale is Ryan Sohmer. And maybe Tim Buckley.

I'm pretty terrible at coming up with definite positions. I just try to consider the different angles and then project my own struggles and insecurities and then make a poop joke and that's me.

The more I think about it the more I realize I'm just an asshole. When my dad is going on some conservative style rant I'll challenge him with opposing arguments, but do the same for my mom when she does the liberal thing. I guess art and comics I actually have an investment of opinion in because of personal experience, so I'm not totally devil advocating in this thread. But deep down I don't really care about Cameron Davis, who I just learned about on this page.

Speaking of the devil, did you know that Lucifer was exiled from Our Father's Kingdom for making fun of God's webcomic?

This discussion has been closed.