As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Legend of Korra: PANIC!!!! Episode 4 Is Uploaded!!!!

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    getout.vid

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I already made the fenderbending joke so step off

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Tenzen: "Korra, it's not about force, it's about being aware of your surroundings.... ...when will you realize that?"
    That was a 20 year old automotive relic!

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Winner of the pro bending fights Katara, Tenzin, and Li in a cage match.

Anyone else notice that Toph Bei Fong & her family are the only ones with family names?

Probably only the super-rich bother with family names?

You don't generally address a cop as "Officer Jane"

there's a cop here in Seattle who goes by Detective Cookie

YaPri.jpg

arch-rivals

I've never met her but I bet she would think this is pretty funny

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    watching the first series

the marble trick is cracking me up every single time

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    every time i remember that korra is tomorrow it makes fridays that much better

lfYVHTd.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    when does the first showing air, again

is it, like, 8 am or something?

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    still watching the first season

how does this show keep getting better and betterr

The Chase was amazing

you're about to hit the best episodes of season 2, too

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    right now I'm at Serpent's Pass

Suki is back!

but Appa is gone.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

The Chase was amazing

I generally feel season 3 was stronger overall but season 2 has most of the moments that I would call the best of the series.

So yes you've got a lot to look forward to.

Quire.jpg
    I like

the Terra Team

so far my favorite moment of the series was Mai and Tai Lee vs. Sokka and Katara.

"Victory is boring."

• Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

The Chase was amazing

The show never stops getting better.
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    when does the first showing air, again

is it, like, 8 am or something?

New episodes premiere at 11a, 10a central

Man of the Waves on
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular

The Chase was amazing

The show never stops getting better.

Well, technically it does stop after Ember Island Players.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    My favorite moment is probably(don't look Butler
    The fight to see the Earth King.

It's kind of an affirmation of how fucking incredible the team is when complete and how fractured they had been. There is no real fear of loss which is generally a negative for a fight scene but after so much grief and pain it felt so great watching the group show how dangerous the team is as a group.

When Aang destroys an StA boulder with one little movement "series business" face on you know things are serious business.

Quire.jpg
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Actually IMHO the top episode in the entire show is The Blind Bandit in Season 2. Ember Island Players is probably the best filler though (although I can't quite decide if I like Ember Island Players or The Beach more).

The Blind Bandit has it all. Great Plot, great animation, The Boulder and some of the best Sokka moments ever (including "Watertribe").

P.S: And Fire Nation Man. I just love that guy.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    I hate calling either filler.

Quire.jpg
    I hate calling either filler.

How about "Plot light episode" then?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    "Breather Episode"

The Blind Bandit is one of my favorites, too, but I have many.

The show builds and builds in every way and no one can tell me otherwise!

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Actually IMHO the top episode in the entire show is The Blind Bandit in Season 2. Ember Island Players is probably the best filler though (although I can't quite decide if I like Ember Island Players or The Beach more).

The Blind Bandit has it all. Great Plot, great animation, The Boulder and some of the best Sokka moments ever (including "Watertribe").

Fire Nation Ned totally should have been a Firebender.

sig.gif
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

Nah.

The joke only works because he isn't a fire bender just a bad stereotype (or um accurate in this case)

Futurama pulled it off slightly better with the foreigner though.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    The foreigner was more of a "Nod nod wink wink"-style parody. I prefer Fire Nation Man.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular

Nah.

The joke only works because he isn't a fire bender just a bad stereotype (or um accurate in this case)

Yeah, the point is that he isn't from the Fire Nation at all. He's a caricature.

It'd be like an American pro wrestler in the early 80s pretending to be a Soviet and carrying a Russian flag and talking like Yakov Smirnoff.

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

The Chase was amazing

I generally feel season 3 was stronger overall but season 2 has most of the moments that I would call the best of the series.

So yes you've got a lot to look forward to.

Interesting! I feel the exact opposite. Book 2 is so cohesive, it's like a really good, ten-hour movie. Book 3 has great event epsiodes (Black Sun, Comet) and a few others that really stand out (Sokka's Master).

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh, I know what they were going for, I just thought it'd be funny if was an actual Firebender.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »

Nah.

Yeah, the point is that he isn't from the Fire Nation at all. He's a caricature.

It'd be like an American pro wrestler in the early 80s pretending to be a Soviet and carrying a Russian flag and talking like Yakov Smirnoff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TVU-sjy5_4

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Interesting! I feel the exact opposite. Book 2 is so cohesive, it's like a really good, ten-hour movie. Book 3 has great event epsiodes (Black Sun, Comet) and a few others that really stand out (Sokka's Master).

I kinda agree with Nightmarenny. Book 2 is cohesive, but it has several (comparitively) dull episodes. "The Desert" (although it has one of the best Sokka moments) or "Bitter Work" definitely aren't on my toplist. It's overall good, but only a few episodes really stand out as...well, more awesome.
    With the exception of the Southern Raiders and Painted Lady season 3 is solid gold.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Southern Raiders is great I hate you

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

I kinda agree with Nightmarenny. Book 2 is cohesive, but it has several (comparitively) dull episodes. "The Desert" (although it has one of the best Sokka moments) or "Bitter Work" definitely aren't on my toplist. It's overall good, but only a few episodes really stand out as...well, more awesome.
    With the exception of the Southern Raiders and Painted Lady season 3 is solid gold.

Hey now, Bitter Work has one of the other best Sokka moments.

I guess what I'm saying is that Sokka is always great even when the episode might not be.

ygPIJ.gif
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Bitter Work was also great what is wrong with you people

2x39jD4.jpg
    edited April 2012
    I really like bitter work

the desert was overall kind of boring, but the library setting was cool and the connection to Zhao was neat

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2012

the desert was overall kind of boring, but the library setting was cool and the connection to Zhao was neat

I heard he found a book there.
    in the secret library

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif

Actually they find the Library in the episode, aptly named, The Library. The Desert is the following episode.

Actually they find the Library in the episode, aptly named, The Library. The Desert is the following episode.

yeah, but it was a two-parter

they are basically one long episode

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Thankfully Nick is following Korra with the Kung Fu Panda series and not whatever the fuck that was last week.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

yeah, but it was a two-parter

they are basically one long episode

i disagree

the desert's definitely a continuation of the library

but the episodes have distinct plots and conflicts, no one has the same goal in The Desert as they had in The Library

Definitely a better match.

Last week, whatever that was, was the most annoying 2 seconds of television I've ever been subjected to.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I noticed Power Rangers Super Samurai has a new episode at noon. Anyone here actually watching that? Is it any good or at least fun?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Still digging the "last time" announcer. Ragtime music is awesome.

I can't remember the last time I watched a show that made me grin from ear to ear during the entire thing.

This discussion has been closed.