As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

X-Men: Resisting Avengers Oppression For Five Decades

• ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Nah... my prediction is that the Phoneix force is going to possess Spider-man.

1169266-spider_phoenix_super.jpg

Where the hell is that from?

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    98UIz.jpg
    I wonder, if it stayed in him long enough, would the same thing that happened to a Colossus of a parallel earth happen to him?

http://marvel.wikia.com/Phoenix_Force_(Earth-2182)

• cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    98UIz.jpg
    I wonder, if it stayed in him long enough, would the same thing that happened to a Colossus of a parallel earth happen to him?

http://marvel.wikia.com/Phoenix_Force_(Earth-2182)

I used to own that comic (before I sold my collection to pay lawyer bills). It was actually a special effects machine that Spider-man strapped to his back that made it look like he was projecting the Phoenix.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Scott is dumb as fuck if he thinks that anyone is or should just let him do whatever the fuck he likes with any mutant because they are mutants

guess what, Scott, you are making an incredibly risky attempt to force a Phoenix possession

other people have the right to be pissed at this

I get this feeling they're going to pull a 'Daredevil' with Cyclops. Everyone has been hinting at this, that this is so out of character for him to do this. I would not be surprised if there is some kind of posession going on (e.g. Shadow King, the Void).

I could be misinterpreting the general reaction but it sounds to me like most people feel that Scott is acting stupid but completely in character.

That after all the shit that's happened the last few years its consistent but he's still being stupid/supervillain-ish.

Quire.jpg
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Scott is dumb as fuck if he thinks that anyone is or should just let him do whatever the fuck he likes with any mutant because they are mutants

guess what, Scott, you are making an incredibly risky attempt to force a Phoenix possession

other people have the right to be pissed at this

I get this feeling they're going to pull a 'Daredevil' with Cyclops. Everyone has been hinting at this, that this is so out of character for him to do this. I would not be surprised if there is some kind of posession going on (e.g. Shadow King, the Void).

I could be misinterpreting the general reaction but it sounds to me like most people feel that Scott is acting stupid but completely in character.

That after all the shit that's happened the last few years its consistent but he's still being stupid/supervillain-ish.

That's how I'm viewing it. Scott is behaving exactly like I expect him to right now. It's frustrating because I don't like his fanatical attitude towards Hope and the super-villainish track he is on, but I understand it and think his actions are in line with the path he has been on since M-Day.

I think Cap was out of character, though. He had to have known that parking the helicarrier above Utopia and telling Scott he was going to take Hope was going to result in a fight and found a better approach.

But whatever, we get to see a bunch of heroes punch each other.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Nope, Marvel super heroes never fight each other. It's a completely uncommon occurance.

Almost as uncommon as bringing someone back from the dead. Can you imagine?

manwiththemachinegun on
  • MrBeastMrBeast Registered User new member
    edited May 2012
    Has Spidey ever died in 616 continuity? Not counting being buried alive by a crazy bug-eating man. I've been out of the loop for some time.

Apologies for threadjacking by the by. Perhaps a better question would be 'Has Spider-Man ever left his wife and baby child for another woman and then gotten on his high horse years later about taking care of kids in 616 continuity?' I mean, I love ya Cyke, but your track record is balls.

MrBeast on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    He did "die" in the Other, where he was reborn in a cocoon of his dead body, and another time where he turned into a big spider then gave birth to himself and then had his organic web shooters to sync up with the movie.

• AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Psylocke calls out Wolverine in the preview for next week's Uncanny X-Force.

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=4238&page=29
    I wonder if she's out of the X-men altogether, or just Wolverine's team. Though I really doubt she's gone from X-Force.

Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    I "believe" remender said the Final Execution arc would be primarily a Psylocke/Wolverine arc so yeah she aint gone for good (yet).

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    MrBeast wrote: »
    Has Spidey ever died in 616 continuity? Not counting being buried alive by a crazy bug-eating man. I've been out of the loop for some time.

Apologies for threadjacking by the by. Perhaps a better question would be 'Has Spider-Man ever left his wife and baby child for another woman and then gotten on his high horse years later about taking care of kids in 616 continuity?' I mean, I love ya Cyke, but your track record is balls.

During the Clone Saga, he "died" after he quit being Spider-Man and let the spectacular Ben Reilly take over. Peter had lost his powers, and his death was just body reacting to his powers coming back - he came back to life in the next issue.

There was another story arc where Peter got poisoned and killed by the Vulture, and was finally happy in the afterlife hanging out with his parents and dead loved ones, and Doctor Octopus brought him back because he realized they had been BFFs all along. And then Kaine shows up and kills Doc Ock.

Hensler on
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    WatXM #11 preview
    1336170562.jpg

1336170636.jpg

Aw yeah, how's that for living up to potential!
    That fight looks insanely pretty

Though didn't Cap send Danny and T'Challa to Wakanda?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah, I guess Widow tagged along.

CYpGAPn.png
    Looks like Wolverine's team will be joining Cyke.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I really hope we continue to see Iceman being great like that.

Love dat book.

Wolverine and the X-men without Bachalo art? Huzzah!

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Hensler wrote: »

I don't

why

how can you be so wrong

huntresssig.jpg
    Bachalo is great, but I think I might like the Bradshaw art even better
    Especially the colors in that are just beautiful

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I like both Bradshaw and Bachalo, although they both have very distinctive weaknesses in addition to their strengths.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    MrBeast wrote: »

Also another time he died in a random explosion and went to some weird afterlife limbo to meet Thanos and Death. He had a fight-debate with Thanos about the meaning of life and sort've got the better of him, so Death lets him go back.

"Er, thanks. And, uh... no strings attached, right? ...right?"

Single issue story, many years ago.

H9f4bVe.png
    Who is Storm fighting in that panel? I can't tell if she's on the X-Men's side or not.

Go Rachel, you beat up that communist something fierce.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Who is Storm fighting in that panel? I can't tell if she's on the X-Men's side or not.

Go Rachel, you beat up that communist something fierce.
    Iron Fist

CYpGAPn.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »

I don't

why

how can you be so wrong

Bachalo's art is by far the worst thing about the early issues of WatXM

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »

I don't

why

how can you be so wrong

Bachalo's art is by far the worst thing about the early issues of WatXM

how can you be so wrong

Bachalo's art is fun and loose and exactly what WatXM needed

huntresssig.jpg
    Nope

I hate it

• Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Solar is wrong again.

Bachalo's art is great.

whatever it is

I hate it

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

Though didn't Cap send Danny and T'Challa to Wakanda?

Golden architecture, warm tones, palm tree.

I think that one panel is in Wakanda.

Bachalo is a good artist, but not a good fit for Wolverine and the X-Men.

• Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    I like Bacchalo, I think his art adds a lot to whatever project he does, but it can be a little messy at times and I can see why it would turn some people off.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I like the overall effect but Bacchelo had problems with the composition of panels.

Quire.jpg
    Is it just me or does Cyclops on the cover of WatXM #10 look like the evil penguin from Wallace and Gromit

WaX #10:
    DEAR GOD YES! Rachel throws it directly in Wolverine's face that the Phoenix can be controlled.

"I know the Phoenix Force can be controlled, because I've done it. I've dealt with it longer than anyone else on Earth. If it's chosen Hope and if that's the destiny she wants, I'm gonna help her get there."

Rachel, Iceman, Gambit, Angel, and Chamber defect to Cyke's side.

Idie guilts Wolverine by asking him not to let anyone hurt Hope.

Shiar Death Commandos comes to kill Hope.

Oh, and some stuff with Angel and Genesis.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    OK I'm not sure if this was a printing error but Legacy 266 seemed to have a page missing at the very end.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited May 2012
    WaX #10:
    DEAR GOD YES! Rachel throws it directly in Wolverine's face that the Phoenix can be controlled.

"I know the Phoenix Force can be controlled, because I've done it. I've dealt with it longer than anyone else on Earth. If it's chosen Hope and if that's the destiny she wants, I'm gonna help her get there."

Rachel, Iceman, Gambit, Angel, and Chamber defect to Cyke's side.

Idie guilts Wolverine by asking him not to let anyone hurt Hope.

Shiar Death Commandos comes to kill Hope.

Oh, and some stuff with Angel and Genesis.

I love the idea that Iceman just wanted to help out the weaker guy when the sides were being drawn, take that Logan!

Quentin and Magik together forever.

edit: and Bachalo really needs to stop coloring his stuff, he's just getting lazy in some parts, where the skin color goes into the eyes and he lens flares Cyke's visor a lot instead of just going shiny, it just doesn't look as good as when Bradshaw's working on the book and he has a separate colorist.

TexiKen on
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    OK I'm not sure if this was a printing error but Legacy 266 seemed to have a page missing at the very end.

Nope, it happened to me too (digital version at least)

Legacy was a good issue, it shows how the Avengers are just jackasses. And Frenzy really gets a good moment to show he being a good bruiser.
    Iceman and Rachel leave to help Cyke, the others stay to teach. Rogue doesn't want to fight the Avengers again because of all her history with them.

Then She Hulk, Moon Knight, and Falcon show up with only a 30 second warning to "watch the school" and make sure no one else decides to go help Cyclops. It mimics the way Captain America shows up like a bully to Utopia.

Kitty asks if Wolverine allowed this, the Avengers say he was unavailable. The Avengers agree to a 100 yard distance from the school, and Frenzy goes out there and draws a line. Moon Knight, the crazy guy, starts talking about Frenzy's past, she does the same thing and he goes crazy (crazy guy at a school, that's nice) and he crosses the line, so it's on and Frenzy beats him down nicely with some block knuckles. And then the students get involved, Herman turns into the Inhuman Torch again like in Morrison's run, and She Hulk attacks the kids. When told she just beat up kids, her defense is she says she saw "a monster." Well yeah, so are you, bitch.

And then Rogue gets all fighty and takes it to She Hulk it looks like Iron Man armor appears at the end but the page wasn't in my digital copy, what the hell.

Good issue, again showing the X-Men are peaceful people getting beat up by bully Avengers.

• RandomAtomRandomAtom Registered User regular
    I definitely side with the X-Men here, but I don't understand when did Wolverine become a part of the establishment. Acting responsibly and siding with the Avengers. That ain't my Wolverine, bub.

EAST 2014 Ticket[X] Hotel [X] Transport [ ] Plan [ ]
    Find me on Steam.
  • MrBeastMrBeast Registered User new member
    Has Bachalo ever explained why he switched style so dramatically during his run on Generation X? About issue #30 I think. I loved his moody stylings, and then one day Jubilee became a ten year old girl with manga eyes.

RandomAtom wrote: »
    I definitely side with the X-Men here, but I don't understand when did Wolverine become a part of the establishment. Acting responsibly and siding with the Avengers. That ain't my Wolverine, bub.
    In the last AvX, Wolverine got thrown out by Cap because he wants to kill Hope.

Responsible Wolverine seems to have sprung from Aaron's time on Wolverine, wherein
    he killed his own children, unknowingly.

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    The Avengers don't want Hope because she is a mutant they want Hope because the Phoenix Force is heading to her and can kill everything

I don't understand why this is even a problem, honestly.

The Avengers defeat / murder Gods and a variety of other cosmic existential threats on a daily basis. Hell, they're probably letting a few of them sharpen their fangs while they distract themselves fighting the X-Men.

Why not just roll-up the Pheonix Force (surely between Wanda & Strange it would more or less be a non-issue?) and call her a day?

With Love and Courage