As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Tomorrow's the big day! Went by the store after work and set up 7 of the 8 tables. The last one I'll have to do tomorrow morning since the store owner is painting the ice/snow table tonight....

I'll do my best to take lots of pictures during the day tomorrow and post them up as soon as I can.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    yessss i must feed on the pictures

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    edited April 2012
    I'm going to bed now, but I thought I would leave you with the 8 missions I'm running at the tourney tomorrow. Some of them you kinda need to see the table/terrain for to make the most sense, but you should get the general idea.

Sharp101 on
  • Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    Am I a bad person for wanting the Wraiths and Spider for conversion parts?
    For Chaos?

Rumor (and this is a HUGE RUMOR! so take with a mountain of salt) is that Chaos will get a "Mechanical Dragon" in their Codex for 6th Edition as a flier.

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    While it's good to hear Chaos might be getting some more daemon engine inspired stuff to move them away from being emo marines, a mechanical dragon is a little odd. Sounds more like a C'tan shard for the Void Dragon.

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Good Luck Sharp. I hope everything runs smoothly. Can't wait to see the pictures.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Heres the list I built for a 1250 game if someone doesnt mind pointing out any horrible mistakes I may have made.

+++ No Name (1250pts) +++
    +++ 1250pt Blood Angels 5th Edition Roster (Standard) +++

Selections:

+ HQ + (155pts)

* Reclusiarch (155pts)
    * Power Armour
    Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack

+ Elites + (160pts)

* Furioso Dreadnought (160pts)
    * Drop Pod
    Storm Bolter
    Blood Talon with built-in Meltagun
    * Blood Talon
    Built-in Storm Bolter

+ Troops + (680pts)

* Assault Squad (245pts)
    9x Assault Marines, Infernus Pistol, Meltagun, Retain Jump Packs
    * Veteran Sergeant
    Bolt Pistol, Thunder Hammer

* Death Company (275pts)
    9x Bolt Pistol, 6x Chainsword, 9x Death Company Marine, 2x Power Sword, Thunder Hammer
    * Drop Pod
    Storm Bolter

* Death Company Dreadnought (160pts)
    Blood Fists
    * Drop Pod
    Storm Bolter

+ Heavy Support + (255pts)

* Devestator Squad (255pts)
    9x Devestator Marine, 2x Missile Launcher, 2x Plasma Cannon
    * Drop Pod
    Storm Bolter
    * Veteran Sergeant
    Bolt Pistol, Chainsword

Created with BattleScribe

I wanted to leave the devestators out of a pod but I figure if I dont get first turn they will just get wiped off the board. I thought about podding the assault marines to get the devestators on first turn with the dc- reclusiarch and one of the dreads but I think having the mobility of the jumppacks is a big plus.

Mr. Mojo Risin on
    steam_sig.png
    Hoy crap today was awesome. McGibs can confirm, but everyone had a great time.

Lots of pictures to go through. I should be able to get them up tonight or tomorrow.

• MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    I don't think McGibs is a trust worthy source.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    the untrustworthiest

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    edited April 2012
    After meeting him for the first time today, I can see why you would say that ;)

edit: Holy shit I took over 80 pictures today... time to sort through these.

Sharp101 on
    Chaos Rumors:
    Troops choices will be Chaos Space Marines and Cultists
    All Cult Marines are Elites
    No new Special Characters
    Special Characters will unlock Cult Marines as troops (Kharn for Berserkers and so on)
    Typhus makes Cultists into Zombies
    Chaos Dreadnaught is removed and replaced with a new unit (like how pariahs were replaced with Lychguard)
    CSM now get a Flyer a Mechanical Chaos Dragon (model is done will be part of initial release)
    Lesser and Greater Demons are gone
    Spawn replaced by “Fell Beast”
    I feel like I am missing something…
    Oh yeah…
    Almost Forgot...
    Rules for Traitor Guard are in!

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Dreadnaughts and Daemons out with Traitor Guard in sounds suspect to me. Especially with other rumours including a plastic Dread in the starter box.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I better not have to take Lucious to make my Noise Marines troops.

There better be a way for me to just take a Chaos Lord with MoS and have Noise Marine troop choices.

If not, I will poop in my pants and throw a tantrum.

edit: Sad face about the daemons being gone.

Extreaminatus on
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    There is no fucking way those rumors are true, so I wouldn't worry about it

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Traitor Guard was denied by, IIRC, hastings ages ago. So it's interesting the rumours are back.

While I expected special characters to unlock cult troops as elites, I'm not fond of it. It's a terrible mechanics made to sell special characters. There's better ways of doing it, and GW knows it.

Ok, spent the last hour going through and colour correcting these pictures I took today.

I now present them to you with no other comments. An actual writeup about the day and results will have to wait :P

http://shiftedmatrix.com/event-coverage/meeplemart-mini-con-2012/

Gallery not found.

• altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    Mojo, that list looks ok. Play it and see how you like death company is my only suggestion.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
    Should be fixed, let me know if not...

Working now.

Some of those tables are incredibly sparse of terrain.

edited April 2012
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Working now.

And other tables are very dense. It is all related to the missions (which I posted earlier)

The Baneblade table needs the clear lane down the middle for the tank to move across easily and scare the player into playing defense instead of moving up. But the lack of area terrain/cover means you will have to keep moving. Basically, to win you need to be aggressive or bide your time and wait for the best moment to strike. Either way you will lose lots of models. :P

Also, it keeps players on their toes as they don't know what the battlefield will be like. Each table is different enough that most players will have to adapt and change their tactics from game to game.

Sharp101 on
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sharp's tourney was fucking horrible. But don't trust me.

I did pretty deece all things considering. Won one game vs deathguard (on the baneblade mission. My blob squad meltabombed it to death), got absoltuly trashed vs deffrolla circus orks (on Line breaker. Deff rollas meant he just rolled over all my special defensive terrain), and tied the third vs iron warriors (crux of the matter) He killed 15 more VPs of guys, but I had I guess 15 more VPs on objectives. Weird.

All in all, I had a blast (I also haven't slept in 20 hours). Kudos to sharp.

IMG_0608.JPG
    Marbo, right before he wiffed his detpack right off the table (6" scatter), and then proceeded to get plasma'd to death.
    In 3 games, he killed 4 marines.

IMG_0616.JPG
    The remnants of a 20 man blob, in glorious 'flying v' formation after 3 turns of legging it across the empty tundra.
    They charged a single death-guard sergeant, who punched some guys in the face. They failed their stubborn check with an 11, commissar shot a sergeant, they then rolled an 11 again and got wiped out by said deathguard. :/

This happened twice in two successive games.

Everything else that didn't get photos taken did pretty good though. COINCIDENCE?

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    So back in town finally after a conference for work, mananged to get all the resin parts for my vultures off the sprue and cleaned up today. Have the fuselage assembled for all three now, plus wings for one of them. Should be able to get everything assembled except maybe the weapons by next weekend as I want to magnatize those. Have parts to do 4 rocket pods, or twin-linked punishers, or 2 rocket pods+6 hunter-killers for each of them.

That would let me run my stuff as elysians for next weekend's apoc game. 7 flyers should be interesting (3 vendettas, 1 valkyrie, 3 vultures), along with ~50-60 deep striking guardsmen to go with my Templars.

THERE WERE NOVAMARINES AT THAT TOURNAMENT! OH MY GAWD!

edited April 2012
    Nax wrote: »

Hahaa, yeah. Those belong to a buddy of mine.

Sharp101 on
    edited April 2012
    AWESOME

Edit: Also those yellow kans, so nice! and those iron warriors! Oh man

Nax on
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Those yellow kans were really nice.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    That looks like a lot of fun!

The dude with the Yellow Kans has some close ups in his Dakka Dakka Gallery here.

• ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    Nax wrote: »

Hahaa, yeah. Those belong to a buddy of mine.

That link goes to this thread. I think you meant this:
    http://www.gwpertinent.blogspot.ca/2007/01/novamarines.html

DO3O00C.png
  • AsherAsher Registered User regular
    That makes we want to make a little roll of Honour my Eldar.

][ntensi-con 2011
    4th out of 50 teams
    "Fiend of Slaanesh" - Best Painted
    Allied with FatDamiens Necrons, generaled by Mousemuffins

Arcanacon 2012
    29th out of 150
    Disappointed by lack of "Best Army" Prizes :P

Bladestorm 2012
    11th out of 40 (Having won 1/5 games!)
    "Bonesinger" - Best Painted, Judges choice

No. Bad Asher, say focused on Dark Elves. One army at a time!

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Working now.

I didn't go to a tourney yesterday but stopped by our store during the tourney. Unfortunately despite all my bleatings dudes still don't know how to setup terrain.
    tournament_4_28_12+006.JPG

E26cO.jpg
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I'm convinced that one of the reasons I stopped enjoying playing my 'nids with my other 40K playing friends, as well as at the GW in the city, is because the tables are either too small or have really shitty terrain (or lack of terrain!)

• mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Tyranids... finished 3 tervigons and 2 tyrannofexes.

Dat teaser pic

%255BUNSET%255D

E26cO.jpg
  • AsherAsher Registered User regular
    That table is silly.

Those Tyranids are nice.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
    Ahh yes, I remember reading about the Magnificent Battle of Planet OneRock in the archives.

• MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    The tidbit about IG-style units being in Chaos and being called Cultists makes me sad. We wanted to call the DoW2 Heretic unit Cultists but they wouldn't let us.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    I've been trying to get a movement started in my FLGS to use 25% of the table covered in Terrain.

It makes the games more interesting and necessary to use tactics to move and fire, or move and hide! Fun to watch Tau and I.G. actually have to move to get Line-of-Sight to fire!

And yes, the Terrain we use IS large enough to hide a Valkyrie and/or Tervigon behind!

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Anyone have the number to call for GW if a box is missing parts? My Battalion came missing a horse sprue :(

This discussion has been closed.