Help remembering a Y/A fantasy novel [Solved!]

Aoi TsukiAoi Tsuki Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm discussing writing with some of my friends, and I recall reading something as a teenager: it was about a guy who's a Dragonlord? I think, who has a reddish blotch on his face that reflects the color of his scales when he turns into a dragon (a process brilliantly called "Change," with the caveat that anyone who sticks him with iron as he transforms can totally kill him). He goes to a political conference to help settle a succession, and ends up with a lady sea-captain with one blue and one green eye, who turns out to be his "soultwin" and also a dragon-person. It seemed cool at the time, but everything I remember is fairly meh...but now it's really bugging me. I thought it might be something by Melanie Rawn, but none of the books on her Wiki page match at all.

Some people already have said stupid things, but I'm ignoring them because I just found a potato in my fridge that looks like it's smiling.
Aoi Tsuki on

• tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    I've read the book but I'm not sure it really counts as young adult. It's part of a series but all I have right now is the second book "Dragon and Phoenix."

Looking at Amazon apparently there are only two books in the series. The Last Dragonlord and Dragon and Phoenix by Joanne Bertin.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Aoi TsukiAoi Tsuki Registered User regular
    The Last Dragonlord seems to be it. Thanks!

(You're probably right about it not being Y/A. I remember there were naughty bits, but I've read so much worse that my mind bumped it down a category.)

Some people already have said stupid things, but I'm ignoring them because I just found a potato in my fridge that looks like it's smiling.